When is it time to just delete my profile and be done with it.

[Deleted User]rubenesquechick (deleted user)

I have been on the website since 2017. I have met a total of three people in person. The first one met up and totally making out with me in the middle of the session and started throwing out the L word after us chatting for a couple of weeks after. Then said oh yeah I have a girlfriend so I gotta stop talking to you. The second I cuddled with offered me sex. I am like no so that was the end of that. The third talked to me for a month on a multiple times a day basis. When we finally met in person he started immediately with the sex, no cuddling whatsoever and then ghosted me.

When I have my profile open I get bombarded with messages from people I know aren't serious. They are always 100s of miles away or extremely young. When I message people I usually don't get a response. I always send my pic when I message someone so maybe it is that?

IDK I give.

Comments

• I am so sorry that your experience here hasn't been a good one.
    I say, don't give up!!
    There some cuddles out there for you

• Maybe start with a virtual...That might help break the ice a bit, go over your boundaries and then you can weed out the ones that keep asking you to lower the cam. Be safe...it's super important!

I always like to meet for coffee prior to make sure we are both compatible...

• edited September 2023

Maybe fill out what you are looking for in specific detail in your profile. State the obvious, even though the website has rules. Check out other profiles, and see what you like to see and craft your own. Best of luck to you!

• Not to be harsh, but perhaps change your username. rubenesque is something that some men fetishize. No fault of your own, but the word draws those types like flies and by keeping the username innocuous they will never know.

• [Deleted User]rubenesquechick (deleted user)

@BoomerSpooner I use that name because many people do not want to cuddle with fat women and they do not read profiles thoroughly, or in one case " I didn't know you were that fat. Even though I have lost a lot over the past few years. Ithink that is why I have honestly had no luck. It puts it out there so if a person doesn't like it they can just move on without bothering me.

• @rubenesquechick i understand. That’s just sad that people say and do those things as if they are any better by their own actions.

• [Deleted User]rubenesquechick (deleted user)

@Muffintop_1

The first one I met for coffee first. It was the second time we met for cuddles that is when the other stuff happened. The third person I talked to on video chat several times before us meeting. He was away on business and it took a month for us to finally meet up.

The second one I met immediately to cuddle but he has such good karma I felt safe. He didn't push the issue, so there's that.

Eh creeps will be creeps.

• @rubenesquechick just based off what you’ve described I would say delete your profile not trying to sound harsh or mean or rude. It’s just like you’ve had three pretty bad experiences and do you really want anymore? If I were you, I would delete.

• The right time is whenever you feel you are getting more grief/stress out of this than you are getting any joy. Things might get better, but how much shit are you willing to put up with on the off-chance they will? If, for you, this is the equivalent of hitting yourself in the head with a rock, then do yourself a favor and stop.

• edited September 2023

You’ve been on the site for 6 years, with no pic and a COMPLETELY BLANK PROFILE??? I mean come on, WHAT DID YOU EXPECT??!!

Sorry for the tough love - but since you put no skin in the game, why would anyone reach out to you first? You’re offering nothing, so you get nothing. It’s that simple.

I understand you do message people and provide a pic, and that’s good, but that’s nowhere near enough.

How is anyone supposed to know even the slightest bit about all of the good of you, who you are, what you’re interested in or what you have to offer if you can’t even commit to sharing a single word about yourself????? How can you go SIX years here and this not be glaringly obvious??

Also, as you probably know people searching can filter out profiles that have no photos so you’re also losing a chunk of the searching demographic right there. At least provide a face pic or some image of some nature, and then you can offer additional pix upon request.

Don’t give up!
    FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE.

Again, sorry for the tough love but I think there’s some good advice here….

Best of luck to you here……

• She deleted her profile … I feel like she really likes it here, (despite some personal negative experiences) but was simply voicing / indirectly looking for a reason to stay 🙏🏻🌌

• [Deleted User]CharlesInWI (deleted user)

It never fails to sadden me when victims get blamed...

• Well that’s 45 minutes of my life I’ll never get back! Geez.

I spent a good chunk of my morning trying to help a stranger out and then she doesn’t even stick around. No good deed goes unpunished…

• @WestsideMarc
    Not to be rude, but are you really making this about you?

• @Jova114
    The first 45 minutes was about her.
    The last 1 minute was about me.

• Compassion is free. If the first 45 minutes can be given to someone, nothing is lost by giving them the 46th.

• edited September 2023

Oyyyy let me spell it out. (This is the tedium I hate about posting publicly).

My entire point is that you had a soul reaching out to a very supportive community for help. That community stepped up and shared, me being one of them, that spent 45 minutes or whatever amount of time, trying to bring compassion and solutions to that person.

In the middle of it all, that person just quits the site and cannot receive the fruits of our labor. Get it?

Sort of like if a friend calls you for help, you drive all the way to their house to help them, then when you get there they’ve left.

Can we please just leave it there and call it case closed. Thank you.

• What's really most interesting about this person's post is that it points out the absurd disparity of the male vs. female rewards on this site. She has no profile, no pictures, and is self-described "reubenesque. Despite all this, she gets "bombarded with messages." By contrast, I have a well-thought-out profile and several pictures in which I appear at least "presentable" if not downright "attractive" according to some. Not only do I not get "bombarded with messages", I'm lucky if I get maybe one message year from enthusiasts and a few more than that from "pros." Frankly, I think any guy here would be happy to get "bombarded with messages" even if it means doing the tedious work of narrowing the pool down to only the decent prospects.

• edited September 2023

Ego much? She did what was best for her. Self-care. I’m unsure why that so deeply wounds that she decided for herself what to do despite what others think is best. If someone truly cared wouldn’t care about the decision someone thought was best for their space.

• edited September 2023

What she said.

Most women (at least the ones I know) are put off by things that smack of bragging or anyone who sounds as if they feel entitled. I realize this may not be popular info but when I write things like this I am really trying to help. Being obvious about not being humble makes it hard to attract a potential cuddler. It's also true that I am far from an expert. I'm merely mentioning the few things I do know.

• edited September 2023

Hey all, I am going to lock this thread. There are some discrepencies between what was posted and what I am seeing from our end. You are welcome to a discussion like this though if someone else would like to make one.

This discussion has been locked.