What's something you'd like to try doing but haven't worked up the nerve to yet?

edited September 2023 in General

Id like to learn how to salsa and ballroom dance and learn [another fun thing] :)

Reported and reviewed. Removing reference to a certain potential kink to avoid people messaging the OP/pro with non-platonic inquiries. [Charlie_Bear]

Comments

• edited September 2023

Yes to [that thing]! 😍🪢

Reported and reviewed. Removing reference to thing mentioned in the original post for the same reason. [Charlie_Bear]

• I can’t think of anything I haven’t worked up the nerve to try. I’ve gone White Water rafting over class V rapids in the Gauley River, I have gone sky diving and SCUBA diving in cave systems in Florida (had to get cave certified through PADI to do that). I also regularly enjoy mountain biking.

The things I would like to try that I haven’t done yet are not from a lack of nerve but rather a lack of $ / opportunity 😂

• I would potentially want to try mountain climbing... Surfing. And even though I LOATHE the cold, I'm curious about snowboarding.

• I really want to get into surfing 🏄🏼‍♀️ next summer and possibly do some long boarding as well, that way I can get a little basket attached to the long board and bring my bunnies 🐰 🐰 with me downtown 😍 to the lake !!!

~ Happy Cuddling Everyone 🤗 ~

• @PixiePassions - I need to add surfing to my list of things I want to try when I have the $ and opportunity. There aren’t that many good places to surf in Indiana 😂

Hiking a 100+ mile section of the Appalachian trail is also on my list along with riding the Colorado Trail (a 486 mile mountain bike trail from Denver to Durango).

I could do all of those things solo if I had to but I am sure they would be more fun doing them with someone. The rest of my list requires finding the right person to share the adventures - an adrenaline junkie with great physical endurance, the right vibe, and just the right amount of crazy. Bonus points for having advanced first aid training just in case something goes wrong 😂

• Stand there waving a flare around in front of a Tyrannosaurus Rex.

• edited September 2023

Def [that thing] :3

Reported and reviewed. Removing reference to thing mentioned in the original post for the same reason. [Charlie_Bear]

• @TxTom 🤣🤣🤣 you definitely would need some nerves to do that and obtain a Tyrannosaurus Rex

• One thing on my bucket list is going to Peru and seeing the Nazca Lines.
    But I have a fear of heights and flying so I'd need to get over that to get there and then again to be on a helicopter to see the geoglyphs

• edited September 2023

@Jova114 - I was in Peru a few months before the pandemic started. I didn’t get to see the Nazca Lines but I saw plenty of Lima, from the beautiful and safe tourist area to a couple of the sketchiest bars I have ever been in (I was the sober one trying to get a couple of intoxicated co-workers back to the tourist district before something bad happened).

I knew we were in a bad place when, from the street, we went down a long covered ally to a bar with a really bad vibe to it. My thoughts were confirmed when we took an empty table near the back of the bar and a bouncer came over and told us we had to move to “the white section” of the bar.

I really wanted to leave but the 2 guys and 1 woman I was with had already had too much to drink and thought it was a good idea to stay. It definitely wasn’t and it got much worse from there.

I would definitely go back to Peru but not with the people I was with on my fist visit.

• @JohnR1972
    Wowzers! Glad you made it out ok. That's terrifying.

• [Deleted User]Concordiaesque (deleted user)

I'd like to try dating (not here, obviously) but I don't know that I can handle that amount of overwhelming rejection. Figured I would test the waters here in an allegedly neutral territory and try to just remember how to have a conversation. Crawling before I can walk or something.

• Dating? What is that? Is that where you throw dates at people?

• [Deleted User]Concordiaesque (deleted user)

@Mike403 pretty sure dates are fairly expensive and you shouldn't waste them by throwing them at others...but maybe you're on to something ;)

• edited September 2023

I have been wanting to go hiking for a while and have never had the courage to do it?! Maybe I will one day….LOL! I also have been wanting to travel for some time now, but don’t have the time, because I work during , but fingers crossed that I can start going on more vacations in the new year!!! Woohoooo….yeah!!

• @Mike403 In Ethiopia, one dating ritual is if you like a girl, you throw a lemon at her, at a certain dating event. So it is a thing in a different country with a different fruit. :)

• [Deleted User]rightshoelace (deleted user)

@PixiePassions my town is perfect for snowboarding and I’d say it’s alright for mountain climbing. It is the rocky mountains after all but as for outdoor climbing spots, not entirely sure, but my gym has an indoor climbing wall. I say it’s perfect for snowboarding because we have champagne powder ( ˆoˆ )/ it’s trademarked here lol. If you ever find yourself in CO I would totally suggest visiting here.

@JohnR1972 you gotta give surfing a shot. I’m pretty sure there’s like indoor facilities even if you’re in the midwest.

• [Deleted User]rightshoelace (deleted user)

Mine is tattooing ultraviolet ink on someone else. I’ve got an entire 7oz bottle left and need to put it use one of these days.

• @rightshoelace - I have seen some type of surfing simulator that people do on cruise ships, is what you are talking about something like that?

I’ve never done a cruise before but I really don’t have much interest in that, I prefer planning (or sometimes not planning) my own adventures rather than being on a more rigid schedule but I’ve heard a lot of people talking about cruises who really enjoyed them.

• Im a music artist trying to work up the nerve to perform a full set for people LOL I am still 1-2 songs capable.

• Can I just state that certain "fun thing"s are very often platonic because it's seen as an art form? One of my close friends loves being suspended in the air by said "fun thing", and she is asexual. Just trying to share knowledge and destigmatize.

• @rightshoelace - Nice! I got to experience Colorado for the first time two years ago, almost to the day, and I absolutely loved it. So gorgeous. Would definitely try it there if I get to go back.

• edited September 2023

@PixiePassions agreed. What happened here is akin to mentioning something because that's both an art form and a kink. Usually the mods balance it well, but I think this time was a bit of an over reaction out of ignorance perhaps.

I was going to say to those curious about trying dance.... do it! It's a lot of fun to learn about and can be a great gateway to learn about other cultures. I firmly believe anyone with any body can :)

For me, I've really been wanting to try more metal working or glass work/blowing. I did a jewelry smithing class ages ago and learned some basics of casting & finishing metal, setting stones, etc. I'd really love to be able to make more intricate designs....but with hand tremors and being clumsy AF I know I'm going to burn the shit out of myself 😅

Remove content which breaks the forums rules. [netrunner]

• Open up a thread with the word gender in it, and see how long it lasts before it turns into a train wreck, crashes and burns 🔥 🤦🏻‍♂️

• I honestly feel like I’m not cut out for this. I could not care less what people are into in their private lives, I just want to spare people being solicited for sex which happens sooooo much…

• @Charlie_Bear You are profoundly appreciated!

• @Charlie_Bear - A pro cuddler that I saw yesterday who is no longer on this site due to too many bad experiences told me that at least 50% of her clients pushed boundaries and there was one that she saw many times and he would ask a question such as, "Can I cuddle in just my boxers?". I asked her why she kept taking him as a client and she said that she didn't feel like he was dangerous. He'd ask the question and that was the end of it.

...but he knew the rules.

• @Charlie_Bear - You are absolutely the right person for the job! You are very much appreciated.

NFL referees occasionally disagree with each other (that is why the video replay rules were created). It is unreasonable to expect a large, diverse group of people, coming from different backgrounds and life experiences, to agree on every call.

I don’t agree with every decision but I respect the process and I respect the people making the calls so I don’t complain because I do not want the responsibility you and the other mods have. Even in the cases where I might disagree with a mod, I know your hearts are in the right place and that in most cases you have visibility to details that most of us don’t even want to know about.

Please hang in there!