Rules about going out

What are the rules if someone says, I want to take you to a football game or something?
I know sometimes it makes the person feel more comfortable before they host or be a guest

Comments

• @MsCinderella Just be back before midnight.

• College or NFL?

• I never refuse tix to live events. Games, theater, etc.

• I guess it depends on if that is something you offer or want to offer. Some pros have set prices for attending events with a client, and some don't do it at all.

• [Deleted User]CharlesInWI (deleted user)

I suppose it depends on, presuming you are speaking of connecting via this site, if you are:

1. Offering to an enthusiast, in which case consenting adults.

2. Offering to a professional cuddler, in which case I presume they would decline as politely as possible, to avoid any mixed messages.

3. Offering to a professional companion, who might gladly accept, and also charge you for their time spent.

• If anyone ever offers a B Ball game Cuddle at Allen Field House (sitting on the Correct side) OMG I’d be there in a heartbeat, offering free lifetime cuddles included but I’m not holding out hope, I doubt anyone here even knows what I’m talking about. I’ve been offered dates to dinner but that’s not supposed to happen here. My preference is real Cuddly Cuddling. I really would love to snuggle at a college football game also!

• Doing something like this is called 'companionship'. The companionship industry is old and entirely reputable, although like so many other things there are other industries that attempt to use it as cover. A lot of people think they haven't heard of it although in fact they have - think of websites like 'rent a friend'. Or companions to rich old ladies in Jane Austen novels.

Many professional cuddlers offer companionship services. The site has said that this is acceptable providing it is very much a secondary activity: this is a cuddling website, not a companionship one.

There are obvious potential pitfalls, and it is wise to be very, very clear about boundaries beforehand. The rate you charge is obviously up to you, but my impression is that it is usually the same or slightly less than the cuddling rate. Given that a sporting event is likely to make for a long booking, multi-hour discounts may apply if you offer them.

Be very clear about details such as travel, eating and so on. What is acceptable and what is not, and who pays for what.

@MsCinderella you are new, and sadly there is no shortage of creeps, time-wasters and other ne'er-do-wells who target inexperienced professionals. Be cautious, and be firm.

• Or

1. You have seen this person a long time as a pro and you both like each other’s company and you hang out free of charge. There is a pro I do this with. We are not dating, hooking up, or anything else. She just up and told me one day that she likes hanging out with me so we hang out.

But I made her sew a pink P on all her apparel so there would be no confusion as to what she is in case we run into mods or ex-mods out there.

• Football is fine, its that foosball you need yo watch out for. Its the Devil!

• There are NO rules for me….I’m grown! I can stay out as late as I want and that’s it.

• The policy is laid out right here by the site owner:

https://www.cuddlecomfort.com/forum/discussion/16723/secondary-services-our-policy

~ Sunset Snuggles

• @TxTom lol Absolutely!
    @carrieanne I'd say the same thing about Nascar!
    @CuddleDuncan Thank you for the clarification. I just don't want to break any rules. Im def. only want platonic. I'm going through a divorce after 25 years so the idea of this is refreshing but I'm not interested in anything other than friendships at this time. My focus is my kids but it'd be nice to find others to go out and do things with. I've got a disability so going out and getting a full time job is not something Im able to do so this service would be so perfect for me.
    @BoomerSpooner That's a great idea! thanks.
    @Taco_Weekday lol I love it
    @SunsetSnuggles Thank you. Am I understanding it right. I can offer it as long as I don't focus on it in my profile? Can I mention it and offer it in sentences or a bullet points and then offer it as a service or say, please inquire about it?

Everyone- Thank you so much!

• edited September 2023

@Mark ~ Can you please clarify your stance on Pros offering services other than cuddling? See the comment from @MsCinderella

"Am I understanding it right. I can offer it as long as I don't focus on it in my profile? Can I mention it and offer it in sentences or a bullet points and then offer it as a service or say, please inquire about it?"

and your prior post along the same lines, linked by @SunsetSnuggles ...

Thank you!!

• edited September 2023

That thread really is our best effort as a team in explaining our position and providing general guidance. It's a difficult subject and due to it being a grey area with endless scenarios, there isn't some detailed manual.

The team has also been advised not to get drawn into 'is this specific thing ok? if that's ok, then why isn't this ok?' discussions and instead refer to the policy thread.

My personal opinion more generally is that you should ideally try to avoid offering secondary services. But if you do, I would suggest it's subtle and clearly presented as an extension of a cuddle session.

• @Mark, so it's just a suggestion that cuddling is even involved, and not a mandate?

• edited September 2023

As this is a grey area, we presented guidance in the form of "recommendations" instead of attempting to form strict mandates. This felt appropriate due to the nuance that's often involved, and allows the moderators some flexibility when reviewing full context of an account.

What you see in the official thread is what the team arrived at after internal debate and mixed views. The bottom of my previous post is just my personal opinion -- I'd prefer people not do it or do it very subtly with a clear link to cuddling.

• @Mark Thanks so much for weighing in!

~ Sunset Snuggles

• edited September 2023

@carrieanne I know exactly what you are talking about. The correct side is all throughout Allen Fieldhouse, Tickets are hard to come by; not impossible, but usually on short notice. Rock Chalk!

• @Mark ~ Thank you!!

I suppose it also may have made more sense if this were in the Pro's forum as they're more in the know than us enthusiasts ~ lol

Thanks again though. 😁

• Thanks @KansasDad it’s been decades since I’ve been to a game there but I have to do it, i get choked up thinking about it! Missing Lawrence! I probably wouldn’t recognize it!
    It really doesn’t matter where you sit?? Good to know! RCJHKU! 😊

• @KansasDad I taught at KU for a couple of years.