Difficulty communicating red flag?

There's a pro I've been trying to schedule with. After messaging here a bit we traded numbers but they want a phone call to go over boundaries before a session is finalized which is cool with me.

However three times in a row I've been given a rough time of when I'll be called and they forget about it or couldn't talk during that time or I'll get a random call during my work hours but they can't seem to talk when I'm off. Or during my one hour lunch time.

I'm not entirely sure if they're just super busy or what would be going on. They have karma so they're a legit person but would it be worth forgetting about them and moving to a different pro?

Comments

• Yes, book someone else and enjoy the booking :)

• First off, she shouldn’t have given you her contact and go off site until an actual booking is made. So usually plans to meet should be made on site.
    I wouldn’t say her lack of communication is a red flag. It’s just annoying. I guess you have to decide if you have patience to play phone tag until you both connect or give up and pick a cuddler that has better communication.

• edited October 2023

I think many pro cuddlers have multiple hustles going on. Maybe some are more artist types - not super right brained or punctual. I had a great cuddle with a pro before that exhibited that type of behavior, but I think she had a lot of stuff going on and was a bit spacy. She is a great person and even took cuddle courses. So I think it depends , but as my friend says : "You gotta do what's right by you."

To add, finding a pro or enthusiast that you trust and are compatible with is a work in progress, so sometimes that preliminary stuff can be like trudgery to some, but I say try to make it work or try with multiple cuddlers until you find the right fit.

• @Sheena123 is correct: contact details should not be exchanged until the Booking is made. The correct procedure is to contact the professional, communicate on the site to make basic arrangements including the details of the session and the screening call, make the Booking, and then exchange contact details if necessary.

In this case it sounds like she might have some other stuff going on. It's not a red flag, it could just be life. However, you should definitely consider starting the process with another professional. Perhaps you could try this person again when their diary is more settled.

If you want to persist with this person, pin them down to a firm time for the call and if it doesn't happen then send a really nice message saying you will contact somebody else and "perhaps we can connect once you are less busy". Sometimes they are relieved to have an out, sometimes this produces the desired result. The key thing is to bring the phone tag to a conclusion, either way.

• @sausalito
    3 main reasons for difficulty in booking, in order:
    I. Busy; have a actual life in which cuddling is of very little importance,
    II. Etiquette; social skills,
    III. Fake profile; not interested in meeting.

Don't take it personally, just find someone else.

• Oh right I forgot to mention I gave my number out because a date and time was set but the call is just part of screening.

But overall thanks for the advice in this thread.

• edited October 2023

Overwhelmed pro cuddler here. I have a potential client I've been playing text tag and Snapchat tag with for a couple of months now. He wanted to do a video call before our session but I was always busy (booking clients, Ubering, taking care of my kid, trying to catch up on sleep). He's often busy too, but it's usually on me. It's INCREDIBLY hard for me to do something as simple as a phone call or video chat. Time management is straight up impossible for some people, especially if they're busy (and it doesn't help if they're neurodivergent like myself).

I don't think it's a red flag, just incompatibility on time. Book someone more available. You can always potentially revisit with them later if you both desire and it works out better in the future.

• @PixiePassions That is eloquently stated, and is worth remembering.

• @PixiePassions thanks for saying that. You're right.

• @JoyfulHeart - Thank you 🥰

@sausalito - You're very welcome! 💕

• Great advice @PixiePassions and @CuddleDuncan ! I agree 💯 ☺️

There have been the rare time when a client and I are both busy, but at different times than each other and have had to say we would try again later. It's actually worked out where we were able to meet up "later" too, and it even seemed to build a bit of rapport since we both kept our word to circle back around!

Those longer term connections can be really satisfying in this community too ☺️

Good luck! 🍀❤️