Site randomly accused me of charging under the table?? Halp

I'm pretty new to CC and I'm just an enthusiast, I've never charged or even talked about charging with anyone but I just got a random prompt that said my account had been flagged for charging when I'm not listed as a professional? Umm, wat?
I confirmed I don't charge and apparently things are back to normal, but that was very odd. Has anyone else had this happen?

Comments

• Did you have any issues with any co-cuddlers? Some people can be quite spiteful.

• Yes, sadly it could be that, reach out to the mods and they should be able to help.

• I had the same thing and I've only had my account like a week. It was pretty off putting, especially because like 90% of my messages have been people asking if I can book them. I wish they was a more clear way for people to tell pro accounts apart. I have just been sending back an explanation of how to identify a pro account.

• Literacy is going down. lol or "she ghosted me! Time to make that female pay!" lol

• "How much do you charge per hour?" "Sorry, I'm an enthusiast" "A what? Whatever she's stealing money from the site!"

• edited October 2023

There is an automated system in place to detect untagged pros, but it will sometimes have false positives. You can reach out to a mod and we can take a look.

• I'm guessing it was someone being spiteful, but false positive is also possible I suppose, not sure how the system tracks that.

@CharlieBear I think the problem is resolved, I'm just not sure if that put some sort of strike on my account that a mod would need to remove or if confirming I'm not charging took care of it 🤔

• edited October 2023

Yeah, was just a false-positive. It's non-punitive and not intended as an accusation. The system should give the member a chance to quickly self-resolve with a one-page selection to confirm intent. Soft-closing the topic.