Choice in Username

edited October 2023 in General

What made you choose your username on this site? Do you take other people's usernames into consideration before cuddling with them? I mean, maybe this one is in the context of a "Freaky Friday" type-deal.........
but I dunno.

Reported and reviewed. Removing image that contained another members username. [CharlieBear]

Comments

• I'd remove that personally identifying screenshot of the profile as it's likely not gonna be allowed.

Though I kinda take usernames into consideration because some are really fishy. I also usually take the overall context of the profile and how the person talks to me into account too. Culture is sometimes also taken into consideration. I've seen a couple of "Hardik" usernames around and the first time or two I saw them I was like no way!!!!! It made me take a few steps back, then having looked into it I found out it's apparently an Indian name. Plus they are Indians. So doesn't seem any malice is intended when put into context and that the individuals seem nice to talk with. :)

• It's hilarious . lol in a bad way lol

• edited October 2023

What is the point in making a thread just to shame a user? If you suspect that the person may be using the site against TOS, report them and mods can look into it. No need to make a pseudo discussion that'll just get locked.

Besides, all you are doing is driving traffic to their profile, potentially exposing more people to them.

• Believe it or not back in the olden times here.... we had a thread titled "Inappropriate Profiles" and it was very competitive to get to show an inappropriate profile on there 😳 we have evolved some !

• We need inappropriate profiles back, i enjoyed that one. It actually was the most entertaining thread, i still see so many pop up i wish we had a collection

• Since the profile pic was already taken care of,
    I will answer the questions.

I chose my username as it is a play on my initials. Followed by my birthday.
    As stated by @Lovelight I do take usernames and profiles into consideration.

I try not to assume and give everyone the benefit of doubt.
    I have come across individuals with too revealing photos or certain kink words in their username,
    And I nicely message them how those things can be misinterpreted.
    If they give me any push back or don't respond, I then let a Mod know.
    But I've had a few that were like "you're right. Thank you" and updated their pic/username.

• I'm just tired 🥲

• I picked this because its on my birth certificate. My mom wanted to call me John when I was born, but my dad went up to the nurse's station while she was recovering and changed it to Donald. My mom has told me she hates that name, so I go by Don, which sounds closer to what she wanted to call me. My middle name is from my grandfather Gerry. And the last name is Long.

The most asked question I get about my name in real life is if I had it legally changed to that because they think it's a stage name or something. Online, nobody believes my real name. So I thought if everyone thinks my real name is fake anyway, why make up an online handle?

The worst part is that with anything official, like the government or companies I work at where the personnel file is last name first, I am listed as Long Don G.

However @DreamerDee does bring up a point I hadn't considered. Maybe my name is being taken into consideration? I thought it was because it was a small community and I'd give it some time to grow. 4 years later I still get 1 visitor a week. Do you think I would be more visible by hiding my name?

• @DonLonG
    That's a very interesting story of the genesis of your name.
    I'll be honest, I thought your name was a sexual innuendo lol
    I am very glad to be proven wrong lol

• edited October 2023

I like @ImJustTired username. It’s so self-explanatory.

I actually like checking out the usernames of people on here and matching it up with their personality types and sometimes wonder what made them choose it or what’s actually behind it. Sometimes it’s just initials, an emotion, other times it goes a little deeper. I like that

• @PrettyLuv
    Let me ask you this...
    If you saw someone with the username PlayWithMyHair, what would you think of them?

• Hehe, I’d make the assumption either they love playing with their hair, or they absolutely love feeling hands in their hair. I used to play with my moms hair all the time when I was little. She was my dolly.

• I picked CaringPaws because I think cuddling is caring and paws like bear paws 🐻 but it has a double meaning of 'pause'. So you take a caring pause in your day or week for self care through cuddles, basically :)

• @PrettyLuv
    Ok, would you think that person is selfish is they like their hair played with?

And that's absolutely adorable btw

• Ave is my nickname. I like the term bae bc I think it's cute. That's all there is to it lol

• @PrettyLuv
    Ok thats what I thought.
    Thank you for being part of my census. Lol

When I first joined that was my username and I got such a thrashing from people about how selfish I was.
    I ended up changing my name and taking a hiatus.

• Steven Universe is life.

• Lol @Jova114, very welcome. And I would say change it back if I wasn’t so used to reading Jova everywhere now.

• @PrettyLuv
    Lmao Jova is EVERYWHERE in the forums isnt it lol

• Lol That it is…much preferred btw

• Well thank you @PrettyLuv
    🤗🤗🤗🤗

• edited October 2023

I know I have said this before, but mine is from a coworker that used to sing my name by adding it to the Gummi Bears theme song.

🎵 CharlieBear, bouncing here and there and everywhere 🎵
    🎵 High adventure that's beyond compare 🎵
    🎵 He is the CharlieBear! 🎵

• Oh yeah mines from when I started doing geocaching like 15 years ago 😹😹😹

• @DonLonG Since you asked, yes, I’d give another username a try. And, my favorite pic is of you and the baby. I personally would put that one on top.

• @MissAdventurous I was at the Sylvia Beach Hotel in New Port and one of the women there spent her free time geocaching. It sounded like fun.
    Also, if anyone loves bookish themed things, small towns and the ocean I highly recommend that hotel. You walk outside and you’re on the beach, every room is decorated in a different author’s theme and their library has a floor to ceiling window that overlooks the light house. I’ve been meaning to go back. Oregon has a lot of interesting hotels. My mom and I went on a tour between them on one trip.

• Finnegan was my dog's name.

• My name was based off the Riemann Hypothesis

• @lonelytauros
    And here I thought you were a Pokémon 😂

• @CharlieBear you see how complicated my name is it has multiple meanings lol 😂