If you could choose only ONE thing…

[Deleted User]Unknown (deleted user)
 If you could choose only ONE thing, be it a suggestion or idea or complaint or request for our new moderator @docgatorb … What would it be? 

Just ONE... please keep it neutral without calling others out or tagging them, and please observe the new rules before answering.  I think this will help moving forward as a community to see how everyone envisions the new changes. ( thank you, hugs)

* mine would be that personal jabs/sly remarks in order to bait, moving forward from today, be grounds for termination from this site *

I firmly believe it's the only way to keep the peace on the forums and prevent people from being baited into making a reply or feeling the need to defend themselves which has caused a lot of bickering in the past.  I'm guilty of it myself in the past, because I felt baited or needing to defend myself, I answered posts that I normally would have ignored.  It's all about respect and being a strong community. 

My hope is this site/forums will become a lot more peaceful. Too many people are quitting.  When I first found this site I thought how truly awesome and I hope to feel that way again.  

I'm really hoping a lot of people who don't usually post come out of behind their screens and share ideas! 

Comments

• I think the rules are already quite detailed and seem to cover every possible thing.   I wouldn't want to choose just one thing.   I think all the rules sound good.  

• I would like it if we can resolve issues in an open forum and as a community, decide the best course of action with the Doc as the mod. 
  • edited May 2017
    @fireandblue  I would like it if there was a set number of how many violations a person was allowed  within a specific period of time before they got either banned from the site or banned from the forum.  If someone wants to continue to cuddle I really don't have that big of a problem with it. (unless they aren't being respectful of boundaries) But when somebody continues to upset people on the forum then I have a pretty big problem with that. Occasionally upsetting people is one thing (all of us at times can put our foot in our mouth) but when it seems to be pretty consistent/ frequent  then that gets really  irritating and old.  I would really really like to focus on the positive things here and be supportive as opposed to being combative.  
  • I wish the intentional flame wars were shut down. Mods on various sites have the ability to give infractions and after so many the punishment is worse, varying from 3 day suspension to being banned. Also I see on other sites threads being locked and comments being deleted that violate terms of service. Not sure how much policing is able to be done on this site with one admin and one mod, but its something to think about.
  • If someone is going to get suspended, do they get a union steward?
  • [Deleted User]VIPirate (deleted user)
    I'm of a similar mind to what has already been suggested. I like to refer to this as an adult timeout. Perhaps we can go with temporary account suspensions and, should bad behavior continue once said suspension is over, ban the offender. That way, it at least gives someone time to think about the way that they conduct themselves.
  • It seems like trying to resolve issues in the open forum won't work very well if not everyone agrees to take responsibility for their own actions and words.  I'm glad you started this thread, I've seen some pretty good thoughts so far.  I'd certainly like to see the rules being enforced, but it is a lot of new responsibility to be taken on all at once.
    ♥Jim
  • How about we stop rehashing and just be positive and spread some love.
  • So many opinions on how they should run things.   
  • Please stick to the topic of the thread, or don't post.
  • [Deleted User]VIPirate (deleted user)
    Can we please be adults? The suggestions have been fair. If you don't agree, fine.
  • Agreed 
  • [Deleted User]CuddleBunny88 (deleted user)
    Theres too much fighting, not enough peace and love. Everyone should calm down and we should all try to get along. We're ultimately all here for the same thing, cuddling and feeling connected with like minded people. I understand everyone has such strong personalities, but this has got to stop. So my one "complaint" would be to put any fires out on all ends to make this a community people want to join. Don't create an environment that would scare most people away. Please stop with the personal jabs at anyone, the name calling, and passive aggressive remarks. Once it's stopped from all parties, we can go back to talking about cuddling and other random threads to get to better know the community. Have a fantastic Sunday everyone!❤️
  • edited May 2017
    Well said Bunny88 I agree :-)
  • [Deleted User]Unknown (deleted user)
    edited May 2017
    If there was ONE thing ?   , for the new moderator ?  , well I would say just what the job title says ..... Moderate .

yes moderate ,  chime into a discussion , when necessary , say , " excuse me , but things are going off topic stay on topic "
    the moderator can actually post a reply . 

Closing down without warnings ,a discussion , is certainly one way , to moderate , but not the only way .
  • Take into account when you come across a repeat offender