Lanes

Some personal reflection, FWIW:

I have the privilege of working in a place that serves people who are experiencing a life crisis. It's a privilege because many of them use the crisis to launch themselves into a period of transition and healing.

It's also a challenge, because some of them leave without resolving the crisis, and that is heartbreaking.

Some people don't know how to take advantage of the opportunities offered them. Others do know how, but don't think they need to do so.

My job is to have conversations, to create relationships, and to encourage growth by being an example of a person who embraces my own growth.

Our clients often complain about what other clients are doing wrong. The most ironic example of this is when a client complains about "those other clients" who complain about other clients.

If person A tries to take care of person B's journey, who's supposed to be responsible for A's journey? As I observe this, I realize that I could join in the finger-pointing train, and will, unless I expressly choose not to.

Instead, I ask what I can learn about myself from the behavior of persons A to Z and beyond. I recognize that I can't force others to grow, but I can grow with an attitude of childlike enthusiasm, and make other people want to try it, because it looks fun.

While I want to tell my clients to stay in their lane, I realize it's more effective to stay in mine. I've got a lot to learn, and I'm excited about that fact.

I try to apply these principles in other places too. 🙂

Comments

• @JoyfulHeart and there is the patience I have none of. lol. Hugs.

• If person A is trying to take care of person B, they’re trying to get what they needed through helping. I’m trying to remind myself to help the child in me, help ME… so I can heal fully and then help others with no ulterior motive (even unconscious). Not that I have to “arrive” before also helping others, but that helping others won’t heal me.

• Awwww @JoyfulHeart I love this. And thank you for sharing your journey! 😊

It's a privilege because many of them use the crisis to launch themselves into a period of transition and healing.

I think it is amazing that you can see this kind of growth in yourself and also have the ability to be a part of someone's life.... EXACTLY WHERE THEY ARE. You are chock full of a million life experiences that might... or might not... help someone, but it seems like you are saying waiting for them to ask for your opinion instead of giving unsolicited advice is part of the process.

I appreciate you so much, and I'm sure there are a TON of lives who you are impacting in a positive way even if there's no immediate proof of that.

I absolutely love this perspective.

I think a lot of people come to this cuddle verse and unbeknownst to them have had a crisis that will launch themselves into a period of transition and healing. You are right... its a privilege to be a part of that process. I align!!

You are such a joy and I'm thankful I get to share this planet with you.
    (AND thank you for being such a fabulous champion of the community/moderator as well!)

Long distance hugs dammmmmmnit! 😊😊😊

• @INurturePeace There is profound truth in what you are saying. I acknowledge that my motives can contain a little more duplicity than I care to admit.

It's amazing what I can learn about my own self-deception when I see others engage in it.

• @sillysassy The appreciation goes in both directions! You have impacted my life in big and small ways. Thank you for holding a mirror in front of me and helping me to like what I see.

I know that you've done the same for others. Thanks for being a cheerleader for so many, and for being my first-ever enthusiast buddle-cuddy, err, cuddle-buddy. 🥰🥰🥰🥰