When do I find the location of possible appts?

I'm getting Appt requests but am reluctant to take them until I know the location. I don't want to agree and them have them be way too far away from me to travel. Plus I've asked them via email and get no answer. What is the proper etiquette here? I'm brand new.

Comments

• Ask general area or closest landmark they feel comfy sharing.

• edited November 2023

This might be better on the pro forum section . Usually pros require a message and some vetting before booking (chat, phone call or video or meet in person,name, ID, creepiness check, understanding of boundaries , etc.). Gl!

• Welcome. Sadly, there are a great number of time-wasters in this world. New professionals are particularly subject to their attention. Anybody who appears reluctant to give you an address isn't a real booking, and should be abandoned/Blocked/Reported as appropriate.

Their plan, certainly in some cases, is to lure you to a far-away place and .... just leave you there. You'll get to the airport, or the general area and then there will be nothing except radio silence.

A Booking is not a Booking until a date, time, place, duration and fee have been explictily agreed. People who want to make real bookings assume this without even thinking about it, so any resistance is a red flag.

In the early stages of the conversation it's perfectly acceptable to be somewhat non-specific. "I live in XYZ suburb, is that a place you'd travel to?" If it is, the precise address should follow in due course.

Have a look at the sticky topics at the top of the Professional Cuddlng board, there you will find a lot of advice for new professionals. Start with the first post in each case.