Anyone wanna share their stories/dreams?

[Deleted User]fortaleza23 (deleted user)

Just want to connect with anyone that feels led to share their stories of hope or dreams.

Comments

• Mine are pretty simple. Hoping to finish Nanowrimo this year. I want to make it to all my municipalities write ins. I’ve been doing the night owl one. I hope southwest doesn’t mess up this holiday season. Dreams are to keep up on my writing articles (horrible at remembering), finish my serialized fiction and maybe take a trip soon for fun. If I think of anything else I’ll be back.

What about you?

• Spend more time with my kid.

• I just wanna feel content and satisfied at the end of the day. I am alone the majority of the time when not working. It's my time to relax and recharge and entertain myself. I don't feel like I need much else. I'm simple and easy. Beyond having dreams. I just want normalcy and routine. Dreams are for those who crave more.

• "One day I will tell you about the dream I had, where you and I were together and you did not leave, where I was not terrified and you were not numb, where things were the way we wished they could be and not the way they are."

• Sue Zhao
  • That’s an interesting one @lonelytauros

I think I’ll get back to this thread. Not sure yet

• Well I hope to find a new job by the end of the year, but if not, there is one option I have that would probably start early next year. Though not ideal, I can't keep waiting for much longer to make this career change happen. I dream to be a software engineer (and to expand on that, working at Google or somewhere similar someday). I also dream to finish every certification on Free Code Camp, someday get Linux certified, master sweep picking on guitar, pay off all my debt, and be able to make enough to afford cuddling all the time (whether it's paying for pros or just having the money to travel all over the place to meet people).

An even loftier dream that I sorta let go was to someday be a famous, super skilled, and talented musician - specifically guitar and singing. Basically be the next Megadeth / Metallica (but without the "selling out" / drastic change in style). These are just very lofty and unlikely dreams though, especially since I'm not a teen or in my 20s anymore.

Some more realistic hopes/goals are to lose 10 more pounds by the end of the year (already lost 20 since July), get my cholesterol down more, and really get that hemoglobin A1C down and hopefully never get diabetes.

• Finding inner peace and obtaining a job which I enjoy.

• OP deleted their account.

• @achetocuddle they had dreams.of bigger and better things

• @pmvines Lol, I hadn't thought of that.

• Hoping for a focus fairy to come and fix my ADHD and OCD. If anyone happens to know one looking for a job you’d be surprised how much I’d be willing to pay. Lol.

• Think mine is more of a goal. Get / own / win a house with lots of storage space and a garden. That I'll can make into a home (Not neccesary inside London).

It's been an longing, need since my teens/ 20s. I got close to in my 20s, b4 using my deposit towards furthering my career. Now, over 10years later, the goal seems more elusive.. Costs are so much higher, especially property.

At times I question the desire, symbolism of 'security' I associate with house ownership. If I really want to be confined into a mortgage for majority of my life? Wish to pass an inheritance, the investment value of a house ownership etc.

I was initially unsure it this post was about dreams as in (processes whilst we sleep), or how others have interpreted it. I actually woke up from a dream about fainting. As I waa waking up, wonder if I ought to investigate the spells of dizziness especially this year. My usual sharp memory is much more forgetful. I had put these down to stress, getting older .. After this dream- signs of cognitive issue? But I'll stay clear of any further self-diagnosis & off Google!

• @4cuddles home ownership is super complicated and closet space issues are real. Outside of the two bedrooms my house has one closet. It’s four floors and they couldn’t find space. I wasn’t thinking about the clutter possibilities. All that said I like home owning more but people too often think they have to or that it the next required step. It puts a lot of undue pressure on people.

• Hey! @Stormycuddle Wow one closet! 4 two bedrooms. I really hope it's America sized not England sized one at least.

Clutter stresses me!! Having to constantly create spaces for things/ put them away as soon as can beexhausting. I do have it better than most considering I'm in London, in an area that's a great location. But the lack of storage! Having my things constantly stare @ me..! Ok enough dramatics 4 Friday! Happy weekend everyone!

• @4cuddles that was not dramatic. As some one with OCD I saw that as relatable frustration. Make sure you find someplace with closets and if you can’t invest in storage asap. Electrical sockets is another thing to think about. Personally I wish I would have considered whether or not I like stairs. 3 staircases. I think you asked if it was small? Idk in terms of worldwide but for the US they are called row homes. More narrow than town homes but with a lot more vertical height. The building designs were new and varied so I didn’t have to go with the classic layout. It has its downfalls (if you build a house on a marsh the ground will settle) anyway… Today I have to adult and buy a dishwasher. 😢 my appliances are woefully out of date. Some of the joys of home owning.