Health benefits of cuddling

I think a large aspect of the unhealthy nature of this society has to do with lack of healthy embrace. It is something we all need and cM give freely and it is a shame that we withhold it and give it so infrequently. I have revelry been listening a lot about long term health and how important this aspect is from many health professionals.

Comments

• It goes something like this:
    Genuine cuddling>monetized cuddling>no cuddling

• I wonder if sports activities like wrestling or jiu jitsu count a bit as cuddling with the bros since there is body contact

• edited November 2023

@lonelytauros I most cordially disagree with your inequalities. I find mutual cuddling and professional cuddling to be equally worthwhile and valuable, just different. Sometimes very different.

Yes, I have been in the fortunate position being able to choose between cuddling with an enthusiast and a professional, and sometimes I have chosen the professional.

Edit: although, with some less experienced cuddle professionals, particularly the get-rich-quick variety, your comment is true in many cases.

@sunnysideup I've wondered that myself, and I think they probably do because it is physical contact.

I work as a tutor, and one of the things I have noticed with many of the younger children (5-7) is that they automatically cuddle up to you once they know you a little. They touch you all the time while you are working together. Humans are meant to touch.

• edited November 2023

I haven’t charted it or documented it, but I feel if I’m not getting enough cuddles, I have physical pain. I believe the oxytocin from cuddling keeps my pain down. The pain is coming either from inflammation if I eat too much sugar (just to add, I usually eat little to no sugar), or just some physical stuff I have happening, but if I’m getting plenty of cuddling, I have no or little pain.

• And, yes, @CuddleDuncan, children naturally touch other people. I have a cute pic of the kids I keep and another child, and they are are touching each other as they sit there and play on an iPad. Cuddling each other. So cute and proof we need physical touch.

• @sunnysideup I did both competitively when I was younger and it is anything but cuddling at the competitive level. Unless you like being slammed, flipped, choked, bent unnaturally, and gouged. What it does offer is an opportunity to unleash anger and aggression in a controlled environment.