Getting banned

If you report someone and they are banned do they know you reported them and are they notified by CC?

Comments

• Reports are anonymous, I know that much.

• edited November 2023

No, they won't. The site does not tell them who the report came from. Although they may be able to guess.

To clarify the anonymous comment: the moderators know who made the Report. But they are anonymous in that nobody else will know - it's confidential to the mods.

When people are banned they get one chance to appeal. Thoughtful and well written appeals, particularly if they present new information, do have a genuine chance of succeeding. However, my understanding is that most appeals consist principally of abuse.

• @Duey64 They are notified that they have been banned and are given an attempted "non-identity-revealing" reason. However, as @CuddleDuncan mentioned, in plenty of cases, it would be easy to guess, depending on circumstances. But I would point out that perhaps the issue you are having with this person, is something many others are having, as well. (In fact, most of the time, that is the case.) If someone has done something wrong to you, or broken the rules, I would certainly encourage you to report it. You could be saving the next person.

~ Sunset Snuggles

🦄 Enthusiast 🏞 Travel Fiend 🐘 Animal Lover

• You can click on terms and conditions on the home page, and the last paragraph states that the username may be revealed to the party reported.

Also, when you report someone, there is a statement that pops up that states it is not anonymous.

So, no, not anonymous. It may never be revealed, but it also may be revealed.

• The site does indeed reserve the right to make reports not anonymous, but it would only happen in the rarest and most unusual of circumstances. It certainly does not happen routinely. In such a case the reportee would almost certainly know who it was anyway.

If you have genuine and serious concerns about Reporting somebody, then you should be considering whether it is a matter for the police.

• In most cases we do not tell the person being reported who reported them. Sometimes it is unavoidable though, like if it’s a payment dispute or something.

• You can also report people from the messages you've had with them (top right menu tray), if you're trying to not be noticed. This way, you don't show up as a recent visitor to their profile. Doing this a couple days after your last visit can sometimes make it harder to figure out who reported them. Obviously, if safety is a big concern, report immediately.

There are a handful of moderators for the site in many different time zones and sleep schedules. While some reports may take time to investigate, most reports are generally seen within a couple hours.

• FYI, @Duey64, since I know you're still a bit new...those last two responses were by moderators. 😊 Take heart!

~ Sunset Snuggles

🦄 Enthusiast 🏞 Travel Fiend 🐘 Animal Lover

• Yep, I was just saying that it’s not completely anonymous all the time. :)

• edited November 2023

She knows.

• edited November 2023

I’ve talked to several pros who had sessions near the beginning of their cuddle career that absolutely should have been reported, but they were scared of retribution (a negative review, etc…). There’s some sketchy men preying on women. It’s not okay. Anytime I’ve heard of such, which isn’t all that uncommon, I strongly encourage them to report it because if they don’t, that man is going to keep dishonoring other women.

And YES, the roles could be reversed.

If something happens to you, you aren’t the only one. Speak up for yourself and others.

It’s your body and your boundaries and this is truly an area where no means no and needs no further explanation or defense.

• If in doubt, Report. Always.

It's the only way that we can stop the bad things from happening

False or malicious 'revenge Karma' is routinely deleted by the mods.

• The mods are volunteers and only human at that. I am quite sure that mods have developed relationships with other members of the site. Do you all really think that 100% of the information the mods receive that should stay private actually stays private? I personally don’t care and I think overall the mods do a great job but as with anything in life, if you don’t want it repeated, you’re better off keeping it to yourself.

• I had an unfortunate experience with one cuddler not long after I started here. He tried to pressure me to undress. I said no and then later he was very unkind. He deleted his profile right afterwards. I got the feeling that it was a pattern of his.

• @AMF I'm sorry to hear about that experience. If something like that happens again (hopefully not) and you are unable to report a deleted profile, feel free to contact one of the moderators about it. We are often able to take action that makes it a little harder for them to create new accounts.

• Was OP planning to set an example of how to get banned by starting this thread? I’m late to the party.

• edited March 30

@carrieanne
    Yeah I think so. It reminds me of the time I went to McDonalds and I followed someone out back and offered them $50 for their cheeseburger and asked to see their instagram posts of their food. But then I didn’t get the burger from them so I went into McDonalds to complain but they told me to leave! What gives!?! Do you think it will be obvious to that person that I was the reason McDonalds won’t let them back in either?

• Is there anything a user can do to vouch for a banned member to help them get reinstated?

• @yesm Very seldom, if ever. Banned Members have an opportunity to appeal, and their appeals will be considered if the member is being serious when they write it.

In banning, we really try not to act on the basis of hearsay, so reversing a ban on the basis of hearsay is even less likely.

It's easier to prove that something did happen than to prove it didn't happen.

• @CharlieBear after that sad McDonalds story, I’m sticking with Whataburger.

• @JoyfulHeart out of curiosity does an appeal go to a different mod?

• edited March 30

@carrieanne
    😂😂😂

@jplemmon
    The appeal doesn’t go to a specific mod. Any of the mods/admins can see it and respond. Though the mod that did the banning will probably be reading it since they are the most familiar with the situation.

I’ll check appeals if I have been having a particularly good day and want to remove that happiness from my life by being reminded how much of a horrible person I am and how they hope I die in some brutal fashion.

• Action taken by any mod is visible to other mods, and we are all open about discussing things that we aren't sure about.

• @CharlieBear haha I do forget that those are mostly FUs. I guess for the more genuine appeals it might be more ideal to assign to another but that's just IMHO. Just curious how that process worked.

• They do come to know, because they get a chance to defend themself.

• @jplemmon
    Yeah that is how I do it. First I will check if it’s something I would give them another chance for. If not, I let someone else decide what to do with the appeal because I already took action and would want a second opinion.

• Reading all of this just made me so grateful for the mods.

• edited April 1

Just got banned and was asked to submit a payment of $199.00 along with my appeal. is that common procedure?
    @CharlieBear

nice try @Sooson . We got a prankster, folks. -Cudbud64

• edited April 1

@Sooson
    Yes please make the check payable to “Mr Charlie Bear” and be sure to put “bribe” in the memo line 😅

(I am of course joking. I’d prefer Zelle, Venmo, or cashapp)

• Only $199?!? Sheesh! What a slap on the hand.