Straying from its purpose? remember this a platonic site,right?

[Deleted User]navyvet76 (deleted user)
It seems that over time this site has changed form its original purpose. With the addition of pros, it changed from looking for a cuddle buddy to finding a cuddle pro, but still platonic in focus.  I see more and more profiles that look less than platonic in nature.  And the "What if" discussion.   Please people if you seek other than platonic relationships use some other site for your hookups and not do that here. It muddles the platonic waters. It is not as bad as craigslist platonic section where no one seems to know the meaning of platonic at all.  

Comments

• [Deleted User]Unknown (deleted user)
    edited May 2017
    @navyvet76 I don't think the site itself has strayed from its purpose, however the watchdogs seem to be sleeping. There should be a process by which nude pics, for example, are not allowed to be uploaded--ever (there's software for this, I'm sure, or an actual human can review any photo before it's rubber-stamped to be on the site).

I also really do believe that there are a few trolls aboard who encourage the type of thinking you're refering to with baiting posts. Which is against the now-posted rules.

Rest assured, most of the pro cuddlers here, and many, many of the clients feel the way you do.
  • edited May 2017
    Yea I have to agree with @starlight where she says the site hasn't strayed from its purpose. We have have a few bad seeds from time to time but over all the site is still amazing.
  • @navyvet you should probably petition for a non pro agreement if you feel as strongly as you do. You can say that something is implied all day long but it really means nothing until it is set in stone as a rule. I know that @Mark is open to change, at the communities request, he has changed some of the rules on the CSA.
  • [Deleted User]navyvet76 (deleted user)
    @Mark  what do you think on this?  
  • I think this post violates the new rules as I read them.  
    Also I think it's unrealistic to expect the moderators to approve every image before its posted.   Most people aren't paying for this site and there are no ads so I don't see how the staff is supposed to spend their days reviewing every single image that might get posted.   They don't even do that on the big sites that make huge profits like Facebook or YouTube.  They rely on people reporting the bad images and only then do they get taken down and not always instantly.  
    Saying the moderator is asleep seems a bit rude.   

• edited May 2017
    I think those comments about the mod were edited out
  • I think those that are looking for grown-up stuff are putting their bait anywhere they can get away with it. I've successfully found three or four legitimate massage therapists on Backpage up until about a year ago, the therapeutic massage listings are full of call girls now.
  • yea what else is new.  
  • edited May 2017
    I think this website remains primarily for casual cuddling and there are always a few people trying to get more than just cuddling. Sadly it's been like that from the start but the community is strong and pushes back against this type of misuse. 

@Atreides Well said. I occasionally log into OKCupid for usability research and I regularly see nude photos promoted on my homepage there. You can't feasibly moderate every photo before posting and that's why you'll struggle to find a successful community website with limited funding that does it.
  • [Deleted User]Unknown (deleted user)
    @Mark  thank you for all you do to continually find new ways to keep this community safe and platonic. If we all work together we will get back what we put in. 
  • @navyvet76, thank you for starting this thread and for your service.  Happy Memorial Day (prematurely).

Hear, hear. I second your comments about seeking a different site if the true intention is to strictly seek sexual services via sexual contact or intercourse.  I joined this site seeking P.L.A.T.O.N.I.C cuddling only because I actually read the entire agreement and I wholeheartedly agree with the terms.  I am not a purist to the point where I would object to a romantic relationship developing from meeting someone from the site.  I also understand that @mark cannot police behavior of those who offer "extra services" however, that specific misperception may lead the professional cuddler who wants no part in that sort of activity into an environment where the majority of cuddle-seekers believe that behavior is the norm and approach the aforementioned pro-cuddler with that expectation in mind.  A few pro-cuddlers have told me privately that a majority of cuddle-seekers want to either molest them or straight up ask for sex.  Being propositioned for sex and or being physically violated is degrading because the pro-cuddler is not seen as a human being but is instead treated like a piece of meat for consumption or a disposable pleasure toy.

For instance, everyone so far comes from a woman, so what if your mother, sister, girlfriend, niece, daughter, etc was spoken to or touched that way?  For those who want to abide by the agreement and enjoy platonic cuddling, juvenile and sexually aggressive behavior will turn away most pro-cuddlers who want to cuddle in accordance with the agreement.  Please remember, platonic - adjective (of love or friendship) intimate and affectionate but not sexual [Source: Google - search of "platonic"].

All I am saying is, read the agreement and abide by what it says.  The boundaries of proper decorum of cuddle-seekers should be in alignment with the agreement.  My hope is that platonic cuddling will spread in popularity because so many people need to be reintroduced to the concept of humanity.

• [Deleted User]navyvet76 (deleted user)
    By the way Memorial day is for those who died Veterans day is for those who didn't. But thanks for the thought.
  • I can't believe my eyes.  These are guys fighting off women's advances ?   What kind of world we livin in anyway.  

• [Deleted User]TeYa (deleted user)
    edited May 2017
    @jellobiafra we live in a world where not every man is the same. In Louis Armstrong's voice "what a wonderful world" ;)

Thanks @navyvet76 for proving that when a man says he wants platonic cuddling he actually means it, and doesn't settle for anything but platonic cuddling. @jellobiafra there's a time and place for everything and for many men on here believe it or not it's not the place for anything more than platonic cuddling. It takes a real, mature, and respectful man in my opinion to fight off women's advances in the situations in question. Contrary to popular belief not every man attracted to women has the same mentality... and being a woman attracted to men I LOVE THAT!!! 

• Personally I have been looking at this site for about a month now and now that I am a member I can safely say that this is a good site to make friends who like cuddling and I wouldn't recommend a guy to reveal there true intentions on their profile. It would be a better idea just hang out with a woman for example (not a pro) and just start from there. That's how in my opinion the best relationships happen that end in marriage or kids. The friend zone is worth it for a time guys, I would know. I know a friend who has been friends with a girl for half his life (17 is how old he is) and they started dating a year ago and now he is considering marriage next year when he turns 18. So yeah keep it platonic for at least a while guys and let nature take its course.
  • [Deleted User]manticorp (deleted user)
    @DamonONeill This site is still only for seeking platonic relationships. If you're here seeking an eventual romantic relationship you're misunderstanding the purpose of this website. Also not revealing your true intentions is really manipulative and rude to the other people you interact with here. You're lying to them, full stop. Also just a personal pet peeve but the friend zone only exists for people who believe being friends with a woman is a downgrade to being in a relationship with them. If you're saying you want to be friends with a woman, she's going to believe that you want to be FRIENDS and nothing more. And even if you say you want more, she doesn't owe you a return of the same sentiment.
    • Have to agree with manticorp here.  
    If your goal is to eventually land a relationship this is the wrong site.  
    If it happens on accident which is possible that's a different story.   One some people can't seem to fathom.   But intending that in the first place is just wrong for this site. 

• edited May 2017
    Relationships are very much defined by context, role, and frame of reference. Some people have a hard time with that concept which is why they cant just simply have a cuddle buddy that is only platonic. I  have had some really amazing and very beautiful friends who are girls, but the context and role is platonic, so I think with my big head and not the little. If I want something more then platonic, I know who to call for that.  Grown ass adults need to be grown ass adults and not assume that every relationship is going to have the same role or context.
  • @Mark I am a member over on AsexualCupid and they have it set up (idk how) so that every picture uploaded for use as a profile picture has to be approved.... So it's totally possible. I don't know about anywhere else on the site. (This backfired on me because they require the picture to be of yourself and I'm not exactly a purple daisy).