Plagiarism

[Deleted User]CuddleBunny88 (deleted user)
edited May 2017 in General
Hey guys!! I understand it's nice to get inspiration from other profiles, but stealing profiles are not ok. I feel violated. @LunaWave, a new "pro", literally copied and pasted my profile and prices, word for word. Low and behold, the only friends on her list are my friends as well. Shocking.

This fraudulent behavior is NOT ok. I've been an active member on this site for over a year now. I've spend that time tweaking my profile and the wording to sound *just* right. I literally checked my visitors from 2 hours ago and I discovered this. Please ban this member or make her change her profile. It's a crime to steal another persons identity and experiences.

Comments

• [Deleted User]Unknown (deleted user)
    I've blocked her. Ladies, let's stick together and let each other know when this type of thing happens & always report the user who does this!

Also, check your visitors frequently. It's great to support new pro cuddlers...but if you see plagiarism if yours or others' profiles (or anything that's been posted in the forums) take screenshots and email @mark!

I call for ZERO TOLERANCE. No word-for-word copying/pasting *except* with agreement of the original poster/owner of the creative expression!
  • Well, @CuddleBunny88, they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.  ;-)  I know what you mean, though. I spotted a new profile on here a couple of months back that was lifted in its entirety from the profile of a cuddle pro on a completely different website. I only noticed it because it was such a uniquely quirky profile; having once read it on the other site, there was no forgetting it. Since the copying cuddler's description of herself was not really her own, it made me wonder: were the pictures even her, or were those also lifted from somewhere else on the Internet?

Have you tried reaching out to @LunaWave directly?  "Glad you liked my profile, but I suggest you write your own?"  She may have figured that the distance between your locations meant no harm no foul, but I agree that copying is not the way to go.

• I am sorry but @cuddlebunny88 cannot be duplicated ;-)
  • @starlight it's not just the ladies that need to stick together, we should all stick together.
  • Her link is no longer active.  Did she get the boot?
  • Hey link seems active now. Maybe your internet was flaky then ?  
    She should be told to change it.  It's not right to copy and paste other pros work like that.  

• [Deleted User]LunaWave (deleted user)
    With all that I am, I deeply apologize.
    I did copy from, I think three different pros profiles. My intentions weren't to rob anyone, I felt inspired and happy to have found other women who feel like I do. I've never had that before. I didn't mean any disrespect or mean to be a thief. Last year, I very difficult relationship. Slowly, twelve years, I gave up my power and my voice to someone who... ugh. I won't make excuses. I'm struggling to find my own voice and power. I went about this the opposite way than I should have. For the lovely pros I robbed, and the others on this site, I respect and honor you. Please forgive me. I'll rewrite my profile now. Love, Luna
    My dear friend had written the first part of my updated profile, and I'm using his words with his permission. 
    I wrote the rest. 
    If there's anything I do in the future that offends, upsets or angers anyone in any way, please come talk with me. My intentions are always the best. I promise. With much love and gratitude, Luna
  • [Deleted User]CuddleBunny88 (deleted user)
    edited May 2017
    No. Literally 90% of your profile was mine, copied and paste. I have screen shots to prove it. Don't lie. The last third of your profile is still mine, change it. Its not "inspirational" to steal another persons life experiences and edit them as your own. That's plagiarism. Fraudulent behavior should get you banned. Children get expelled from school for copying work. This behavior is not even tolerated with school children, why should it be alright with grown adults!?

Also... Why did you contact and add people from my friends list? That's equally as strange. It makes you appear fake and shallow. Please get your own identity and be your own person. 

-Scher 
    edited May 2017
    Scher,
    I requested friendship from a few people who, on the post about pros taking advantage of lonely men, really supported the pros and we're also see his point of view. They were classy gentlemen. I wanted to just thank them, but the thread had been closed. That's when and why I contacted them. That they are your friends is a complete coincidence. 

Yes, I did copy 90% of your profile. I was wrong in doing so. I've apologized and changed my profile. I don't think it's strange that pros feel similar or have had similar experiences. I handled the creation of my profile poorly. We are far in proximity. I didn't intend to hurt you or your business. 
    You feel I should be banned. I understand that. I honesty didn't mean any harm, but I've obviously harmed. 
    If you feel you must move to have me banned, then that's something you must do. 
    I hope I'm not banned because, while being very new, I'm finding this to be a wonderfully supportive and loving community. I'm grateful to be here, however long that may be. 

Warmly,
    Luna
    I forgot to add when I wrote the following "My dear friend had written the first part of my updated profile, and I'm using his words with his permission. 
    I wrote the rest. My dear friend had written the first part of my updated profile, and I'm using his words with his permission. 
    I wrote the rest. " I was referring to my current edits. I apologize for not being more clear on that. I'm tired. 
    I hope you sleep well,
    Luna
  • [Deleted User]VIPirate (deleted user)
    edited May 2017
    @LunaWave I'm still struggling to understand why you chose to do so. Your words of apology seem sweet enough, but do not quite explain your actions.
  • I just looked at both profiles, and they do seem to be completely different at this point.  So it appears that LunaWave is true to her word.
    ♥Jim
    edited May 2017
    I had commented twice on that same thread you're speaking of about lonely men. Where was my message of valor and friend request? It's very creepy that you messaged and friended 5-6 off my friends list... That's nearly 20% of my friends list. Coincidental? I don't believe it.

Instead you steal my profile word for word, no mesage or interaction with me at all. If you were truly here to make friends, why didn't you reach out to me first? Fraud is fraud. It's pathetic that you're sugar coating plagiarism and identity theft with feeling "inspired". You even lied again and said it was changed the first time, yet the bottom third was still my profile. Only now after calling you out multiple times it's "original". Your profile should be written by you, not copied off your friend either. Everything about that is weirdly fake. Please be original for once, use your own words. 

-Scher
    Good morning to everyone who is involved with and following this thread. 

When I first joined CC, two weeks ago, I did have a 100% original profile. It was awkward and didn't feel like what I really wanted to say. I couldn't find the words. To gain inspiration, I  searched and found pros from other, far away, states and was amazed to see how beautifully and thoughtfully they were written. It, also felt like I was reading about me. 
    I plagerized Scher and two other Pros profiles. 
    After reading how this affected Scher and others, I realized the way I went about spiffying up my page was wrong. I understand the morality issue that's been brought forth, I honestly didn't think of 'plagerism' when I was doing it. I didn't think it would hurt your business. 
    Scher, the last 1/3 you're referring to, was at the bottom and I didn't scroll down when editing as per your request. It was an inadvertent mistake. With your rath focused on me, I definitely wouldn't have left it there on purpose. After you called me out, again, I saw what you were talking about and changed it. 
    The site specifically asked 'would would a friend say about me', so I asked a friend. 

I thanked the men, because they weren't pros. They didn't have to stand up for pros, but they did. 

The reason I hadn't reached out to any female pros yet, is that I'm intimidated by women. I get along with men so much more because of the lack of drama. 

I have my life and I'm joyfully living it. My hope was to find a like minded group where I could join, participate and help people while earning a living. 

Ive explained, honestly apologized and fixed. I don't know what else you want from me. 

Warmly,
    Luna

@LunaWave I'm glad you "saw the light" and changed your profile to something original.

As someone who's been published, I can tell you it would be quite serious if someone were to copy my work without permission--actually the agency and newspaper websites would have more to say than I would. The "wrath" you describe Scher as having, Luna, is actually righteous indignation, and certainly anyone with copyrighted works should sympathize. I know 2 published authors besides myself on Cuddle Comfort. I'm sure there are many more and they wouldn't like their work being plagiarized, either.

From a business perspective, The Powers that Be (@mark) should be concerned about the impression multiple identical professional cuddler profiles makes on a potential client.

Many clients travel, for example, and may see the same profile on two of their pros...which do they trust?

@mark There is an opportunity here to implement a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.
    Dear @starlight,
    I definitely agree on all your points. 
    I'm glad you shared your point of view. 
    I'm a published photographer, and would feel the same way if someone used my photographs with out my permission and or used it as theirs and didn't give me proper photo credit. 
    I also appreciate your point that clients travel to other cities. I'm new at being on a cuddle site, and it honestly didn't occur to me. It makes perfect sense. 
    I absolutley agree on zero tolerance on plagerism. I've definitely seen the light. 
    I truly am grateful for and appreciate your guidance. 
    Warmly,
    Luna

• @Starlight thanks for visiting my profile this morning, feel free to stop by and PM me anytime :-)
    I don't remember doing that at all, @MrSoloDolo. System glitch.
    Glad to hear, @LunaWave. :)
    BIG warm hugs @starlight

I hope you enJoy a beautiful day. 
  • edited May 2017
    @Starlight hmmm I wonder if there is a glitch cause it shows both you and another member of the site who has me blocked, visiting my profile on the same day and both of you have me blocked. Interesting. Either way, I'm still very open to visits and PMs from everyone. 
  • [Deleted User]Spoonie (deleted user)
    Lots of glitches. You just can't trust computers. 
  • @mark. I feel this post is finished, can it be closed.
    It will only get off thread from now on.
    John Auckland NZ
    Moderator should have already stricken the off-thread comments, but if I could I'd delete my own. Spur of the moment gets us all.
  • Dear Star, Thank you for you comment, There is a long time lag because of time differences between countries but I feel this thread is over, it will stay up for some time and be a warning to others but is over and should be closed.
    John
    edited May 2017
     ❤️
  • [Deleted User]masterofcuddle (deleted user)
    There definitely is a system glitch of some kind. I was viewed by two members that blocked me recently as well.
    @cuddlebunny88, please accept my sincere apology for using the word 'wrath' when speaking about your anger with me. I completely understand how all of my actions regarding your profile my have looked to you and I obviously upset you. I'm sorry I didn't contact you first and give you the much due praise on how you can write about yourself and your feelings. I should've maybe asked for your help writing mine. Hindsite shows me the multitude of my mistakes. 
    I wish we could talk. If you ever would like to talk with me, I'll gladly give you my number. 
    I'm sorry I hurt you in any way. 

@cuddlista Yes, I did avoid interactions with women, to my detriment. The drama was self created. 
    Y'all seem like a close, loving and supporting community of women. It's been beautiful to see. 
    This is my first cuddle site to join. I've never posted on a site as a Cuddler before. I've made horrible mistakes, but I truly wasn't trying to poach clients or steal someone's identity.
    I wish I was able to get reach and get to know some of the pros before I edited my original profile with much of cuddlebunny88's. 
    If anyone would like to talk with me about this or anything else, please contact me. 
    I really am a nice, gentle, loving and supportive person. I deeply apologize for any harm and hurt I've caused. 
    I haven't blocked anyone, so any pros that would like to talk with me, please message me and maybe we can talk and get to know each other. 
    BIG love,
    Luna
  • Ok guys how about giving it a rest.   

This discussion has been locked.