Mental health just down the drain right now

And of course I get home and it just goes straight down. I don't remember when it was up last at this point. Loneliness and now I'm sure depression just set in after work and it feels like I never want to go back home after work.

Comments

• edited December 2023

That sounds really rough. Is there any reason your home depresses you?

Perhaps it is a little untidy and thus unappealing? A good weekend of deep cleaning will spruce that place right up!

If it is just it's general aura, I'd try to concentrate all the things you like about it into a single place and call that your happy place. I did that with my bed and even tricked it out with a weighted blanket 8). I put a bedside table with my favorite books that I am reading next to it, and I adorned my surrounding walls with my favorite photographs and pictures that make me happy. My bed is now a cozy place of comfort and solace which are two things everyone should feel when getting home. Now if I ever need a pleasant retreat, I go to my bed, curl up, and admire my pictures or pop open a neighboring book or if I need the big guns, I bring a plushy comrade with me. It sets my mind at ease and I am able to decompress so I can eventually look towards solving the problems that would be currently ailing me.

I hope these suggestions help!