How to find Cuddlers in Netherlands?

I don't see many cuddlers in Netherlands on CuddleComfort, while there are so many people in England. How do people find other cuddlers in Netherlands?

I love cuddling :love: and if I could, I will do it 24x7 :lol: I am in my happy place when cuddling. I just love to provide that care, hugs and feeling of comfort. It's difficult for me to explain that feeling in words. I am struggling to find other people nearby who love cuddling.

Comments

• Hey @cud_bear! Unfortunately, it seems there just aren't many cuddlers in your area, yet. I ran a search for female enthusiasts within 50 miles of you and only five showed up, who have signed on in the last month. Hopefully you've reached out to these ones already, or some Pro's, but in the meantime, your best bet is to spread the word on cuddling. The site has a little poster that you can print and leave around town, if you're interested:

https://www.cuddlecomfort.com/site/print

~ Sunset Snuggles

πŸ¦„ Enthusiast 🏞 Travel Fiend 🐘 Animal Lover

• My daughter and I have been discussing moving to the Netherlands from the US. I was wondering this very thing when I saw your post. I wondered if the Dutch culture is tactile and receptive to physical touch and affection from strangers. Or if it's looked at as strange. Are you Dutch? Do you have any insight?

• @cud_bear Hi! I'm a cuddler in the Netherlands. I haven't been that active lately (I'm planning to be more active after this month), but I'm always open to messages! :) Though your profile states that you'd like to cuddle exclusively women, you'd double your chances if you expanded that to 'Everyone', especially in a country that only has a few dozen active cuddlers on the site. It's always up to you, of course!

@RobynsNest Generally, if we're not that close to somebody or meeting them for the first time, we go for a handshake. If somebody is a (close) friend, we often hug as a greeting and goodbye. It also depends on the specific person, one may like hugging more than the other. Generally, you don't touch a stranger unless there's already an expectation to do so, but we can be very tactile with our friends. Though that's just my perspective.

• @SunsetSnuggles Yes, it appears there are not many cuddler on this platform in Netherlands and I am not aware of any other way to connect with people who like cuddles. I will try to promote Cuddle comfort.

• @RobynsNest It's not easy for Non-Dutch people to make instant friendship with Dutch. Dutch people prefer to be with their friends. It's not in culture to hug or have physical contact with strangers unlike the way you find in Italian or Spanish culture. I have found similar culture in all northern and eastern (cold) countries in Europe. Probably you can relate it to difference in people from northern states and southern states in US

• @cud_bear I don't know if these exist/are popular over there, but you could try searching on MeetUp, EventBrite, or similar sites. Group cuddles are often advertised in places like that. Best of luck! πŸ€—

~ Sunset Snuggles

• Also, this site is geared for those who speak English. Since Dutch is your official language, I wonder if there is a similar site in Dutch with better results?

• Have you tried yodeling? (or is that a stereotype? 😬)

• edited December 2023

@Minestrone101 🫨

~ Sunset Snuggles

• @SunsetSnuggles That's what I always say. Yodel o yodel woo ah sunset.

• edited December 2023

My Dutch is a little rusty, but I think you gotta say hey knuffel pro!

• @Minestrone101

I honestly love yodeling 'cause I grew up on this...

~ Sunset Snuggles

• Reading this was pretty funny, i was also wondering why we're not having that many registered users in The Netherlands and the few that did register never respond, I guess Gentle_Winds is pretty much spot on, we're mostly into handshakes and the 3 fakekisses on the cheeks for family and close friends. The only place where i've seen random hugs occur in the wild are at ballroom/latin dance-lessons for some reason people hug eachother when greeting and thats the closest i've seen happening to cuddling in public haha. Guess its more a lovers thing in The Netherlands then?

• I’m having the same problem here in Belgium. Hardly any members and virtually no activity on this site.
    There is an occasional cuddle workshop but they are very rare and it’s a different dynamic.
    I’m afraid I don’t have an answer to this predicament. πŸ™‚

• It's not a solution, but when I was analysing the distribution of European cuddlers a little while ago I did notice .... well not exactly a hotspot, but a mildly-less-cold-place-not-so-much-a-spot-as-a-large-area.

The area is, very roughly, the Paris-Amsterdam-Frankfurt triangle. Borders are not your friend in this case: you need to think of distance and travel time/cost irrespective of borders. Which, to be fair, in that part of the world is pretty easy. The two places that tend to have the most cuddlers are Paris and Amsterdam but it's still very few. If the triangle was to be extended, it would be across Germany into Switzerland.

Cuddle Comfort is explicitly an English-language site which welcomes everybody who can get by in English. I have often wondered what is happening in French, German, Dutch, etc.

I have spoken to a few people from this area who have reached various stages of planning a trip to London. And to be honest, it might be your best bet. There are cuddle workshops every month or so here, and plenty of active professionals.