✨️ 2023 Memories ✨️

Hey sweet cuddlers! 🧸

As 2023 comes to a close, I was inspired by one of you lovelies whose profile listed what they've spent their free time doing, this year. I thought it would be fun to hear some of your guys' 2023 memories! 📝

What were some favorite moments? ✨️🩵🌹

Least favorites? 😤😬🤒

Did you go on any trips? ✈️🏕🏍

Make new friends, welcome new additions (family or furry), learn a new skill, become involved in a new hobby? 👩🏻‍🤝‍👩🏼🐶🎻🎮

Change jobs, learn something about yourself, suffer a loss, go through an unexpected transition? 🦺🤯🥺🤖

How did you spend your weekends? 👨🏽‍🌾🍸🏈

Your evenings? 🧦🍕📺

What's been different about this year from past years? 📆📊⤴️

Save your New Year's Resolutions (if you're into that type of thing) for a future thread; I'm sure someone will start one, soon enough. 📍💭🎆

I hope everyone has had an overall positive 2023, and I look forward to spending time with more of you in the coming year! 🤩

~ Sunset Snuggles

🦄 Enthusiast 🏞 Travel Fiend 🐘 Animal Lover

Comments

• I love this prompt.

This year I

Came out as polyamorous to my parents (who are evangelical)♥️
    Learned to DJ. 🎧Djed a retreat and twice a month for an event I ran with my partner.
    Dove so far into somatics I am basically just nothing but animal body here anymore. 🐅Attended three different trainings/explorations.
    Shared facilitation duties for three new events.
    Fell in love. Held down a romantic relationship for a whole year (for only the second time in my lifetime)😍
    Sued a cult. Won 11k.🦹
    Bought a house. 🏠

Read too much about quantum physics and had to take a mental health break. ⚛️
    Showed up. Did what I said I was going to do.
    Leaned more into my role as emotional intelligence mentor for a 2 year old. 👶
    Learned how to be a disappointment to people like it was my part time job. Chose myself. Said no. I said no so many times. I let myself change my mind. I celebrated people telling me no.

Both traveled way more than last year and somehow invested in my community and local connections more.

Worked about average. Took 11 trips. ✈️

Leaned hard into romance. Leaned hard into jealousy and fear and acceptance. Understanding more and more on a visceral level what safety feels like.

Held space. Trip sat, massaged, cuddled. Went to Maine for the first time. And again.

What was different from last year?

I'm in my commitment era. I care less about hobbies and more about building community, gift economy, degrowth economics. I also feel very supported and very stable. I didn't attend any weddings. That was very positive for me. I attended two in 2022 and had a very bad time at both.

Least favorite: global goings-on. This year feels horrible in terms of global circumstances. Makes me feel guilty at how good my year was personally.

• What were some favorite moments? ✨️🩵🌹
    Spending time with loved ones, working hard, fighting getting older, doing some traveling, and getting a second car.

Least favorites? 😤😬🤒
    Watching some people bully others and making them cry and that causing me to step in too to make the bullies cry. So that ended better. But like people need to learn to behave in public or stay home.

Did you go on any trips? ✈️🏕🏍
    Yesssss. By land, ocean, and air.

Make new friends, welcome new additions (family or furry), learn a new skill, become involved in a new hobby? 👩🏻‍🤝‍👩🏼🐶🎻🎮
    Hmm. Probably all of that to some extent.

Change jobs, learn something about yourself, suffer a loss, go through an unexpected transition? 🦺🤯🥺
    Not in 2023.

How did you spend your weekends? 👨🏽‍🌾🍸🏈
    Work, church, trips, and time with loved ones.

Your evenings? 🧦🍕📺
    Reading and watching movies mostly if not working late. Tried to add in some cuddle sessions too.

What's been different about this year from past years? 📆📊⤴️
    Taking more risks? Like being in the middle of the ocean when I can't even swim lol

Save your New Year's Resolutions (if you're into that type of thing) for a future thread; I'm sure someone will start one, soon enough. 📍💭🎆
    Oh no thanks. I don't bother with that since I was never able to do this before so no point in even making them.