NFL fans

edited December 2023 in General

As the great dynasty crumbles and the greats become shadows of themselves. Who made the Dynasty great?

1. New England Patriots Dynasty28 votes
    1. Brady
      75.00%
    2. Belichick
      14.29%
    3. Kraft
        3.57%
    4. Mcdaniels???
        7.14%

Comments

• edited December 2023

There's plenty of room for debate here, but I think Brady was more important to New England than New England was to Tom Brady.

Just how dominant were the Patriots? Can anyone name more than 1 (or maybe 2) of Brady's receivers during his 20-year tenure in New England? Are any of them in the Hall of Fame (well, other than Randy Moss who played for NE for 4 years)? Most of the time, Brady was working with talented but hardly HoF-level receivers. And yet he led New England to nine Super Bowls, winning six. That's insane. Of course that doesn't speak to who made the dynasty great (Brady or Belichick or someone else), it's just a testament to how dominant they were during that era.

As to their post-separation lives...

When Brady left the Patriots, he immediately led Tampa Bay to their first Super Bowl, handing Patrick Mahomes his only Super Bowl loss so far. Meanwhile, Belichick and the Patriots are now 28-35 in the post-Brady era (as of the end of Week 14) and Kraft is already planning to part ways with Belichick. I don't think Brady would have been nearly as successful without Belichick (who is a great coach), but I still think Brady was the more important piece of that duo.

• Are you kidding? It’s Brady, and not even close. What has Belicheck done since? Brady has won a Super Bowl, and made playoffs every year since leaving NE.

• "It's not the X's and O's but the Jimmys and the Joes "

• All of the above. It took the rest of the league 20 years to catch up

• edited December 2023

Thank you @CuddleHugs01234 here's me with my son chatting football 😂

• I think Belicheck and Brady needed each other for their dynasty. Yes, both had different degrees of success after the separation, Brady winning the Super Bowl and belicheck making the playoffs year one with Mac Jones, but they also declined. The patriots are already eliminated this season with 4 games in the regular season from the playoffs with only 3 wins and Brady had a losing season his last year.

• @OhioMike 🤣🤣 That would be me too. :)