How beneficial has cuddling been to you?

What do you feel like you’ve gained the most out of this community and all the people you’ve met and cuddled(or not cuddled) with?

Comments

• edited December 2023

A deeper connection with people honestly. I often feel like I’m restricted with societal norms and expectations but with cuddling it’s something that can allow us to be more open and welcoming. I feel with cuddling I learn more about myself just as much as I learn about those I cuddle with.

• I shared my thoughts, here... 😊

https://www.cuddlecomfort.com/forum/discussion/14443/so-i-started-cuddling/p1

~ Sunset Snuggles

🦄 Enthusiast 🏞 Travel Fiend 🐘 Animal Lover

🎄 Merry Christmas to my homies! ☃️

• I think it has been a very positive thing for me. I find it very hard to put in words. I find if me & my cuddlier really feel comfortable and kind of gel together I find my mind wonders and I block out everything negative that I may be going thru at the time, I just had a great cuddle with a cracked rib and the pain of it just went away !!, it came back when I had to stand up, but during the cuddle it was a not an issue for me. I feel like I'm free to talk about anything, be it sad or happy. During some of my cuddles we have talked about sad things that we both have gone thru and it feels different then when I dwell on the same things all alone, some how it's up lifting when you can share you most inner thoughts with no fear of being judged. I have told things to my cuddlier partner that I have never told anyone in my life, I feel I can drop any and all walls, to just be open. I have answered questions that I have never been asked before and with out any fear of being judged. I really look forward to my next cuddle as soon as the one I'm in ends. I call it recharging my cuddle battery, which I have found it takes at least 2 hrs. and once a week !!!. I'm really looking forward to my 1st. overnight session, but kind of nervous about it. Best wishes to all for a better new year !!!!!

• It helps me deal with my depression when it starts turning into self isolation. It gives me someone to talk to or even just watch shows with and just connect on a basic level.

• @waynewv Aww, your description is so lovely and heartfelt. I hope to snuggle up with you, someday! 😊

~ Sunset Snuggles

🦄 Enthusiast 🏞 Travel Fiend 🐘 Animal Lover

🎄 Merry Christmas to my homies! ☃️

• edited December 2023

I'm an extremely physical affection type of person and was starving when I had my first cuddle experience through this platform. Literally happy wept at one point. Super excited to meet someone new for a cuddle this weekend as well. So yes, it's a blessing for me.

It initially disheartened me getting no responses, but months later a pro interaction ironically helped me. She cold messaged me, it ended up being a lousy interaction, but it gave me the nudge to see who else was around in terms of pros in my area.

• @SunsetSnuggles , thanks so much, so if you ever get to Florida please let me know.
    I would really enjoy meeting you in person and having a nice cuddle with you.
    Take care

• [Deleted User]Imajen1 (deleted user)

Oooh...Sorry to hear about your ribs, @waynewv !!! Hope they're all better! :)

Cuddling, for me, helps "ground" me, like it helps me flesh out my physical unit when I'm feeling "spacey" or ungrounded. Also, even though I'm a tough old bird, cuddling gives me a feeling of safety and connection that nothing else does!

I was glad for these experiences! :)

• How beneficial has cuddling been to you?

It's been a double-edged sword.

• It’s hard to breathe without it.

• Cuddling has been beneficial for me as a my own way of cognitive therapy. It has given me courage to step out and interact with individuals on a platonic level. Being able to allow a stranger in my space has resulted in less anxiety and more confidence to trust again.

• ^^Same, my confidence when meeting new people has been boosted since I started cuddling. Far from perfect but I'm so much better.
    Downside is it feels worse when I'm not planning anything or can't do anything. Withdrawal symptoms heh.

• edited December 2023

Before I discovered cuddling I hadn’t felt physical affection with anyone other than my parents before. It gave me hope that I’m capable of a relationship at some point down the road.

• Wow @DaveTheBrit you have just put a name to this numb/vacant feeling I've been experiencing. Never thought about the withdrawal effects from the high of cuddling. Kiss your brain!