Men Cuddlers: Does a person's (physical) attractiveness level affect your decision to cuddle them?

Does a person's (physical) attractiveness level affect your decision to cuddle them? No need to identify yourself. Just a simple vote. 🤫

1. Does a person's (physical) attractiveness level affect your decision to cuddle them?127 votes
    1. Yes
      62.99%
    2. A little bit
      24.41%
    3. No
        7.09%
    4. It depends
        5.51%

Comments

• I put yes because I definitely would not want to cuddle a woman wielding a cleaver with a face tattoo of "I castrate all men within 2 feet of me." Seriously red flags.

• edited December 2023

@lesmis33

Damn it, I was planning on lasering that tattoo off before our epic guacamole deer mountain fest... Ya got me. 😖

~ Sunset Snuggles

🦄 Enthusiast 🏞 Travel Fiend 🐘 Animal Lover

🎄 Merry Christmas to my homies! ☃️

• edited December 2023

*updated:

12/16 - 1:29pm

• @Minestrone101 Okay project veritas. That's enough.

• I'm not sure how to vote in the poll. When choosing a cuddler I look at their body and whether or not I think it would be nice to cuddle with it. But I'm not looking at whether or not I find them sexually attractive. Of course, I'm looking at reviews, the bio, distance, availablity, vibe, and whatnot, but their body certainly comes into play.

• @bluefish281 I would categorize that as a no or a little bit.

• A persons physical attractiveness may mean different things to different people. For example, if I look at a profile, I might like the way that person smiles, or I might like the way that their hair is made up or I might like the way that they wear their make up so there’s a lot of factors that are involved, and I think to deny those or to say that they’re meaningless is just lying to yourself. as far as overall attractiveness that can encompass even more such as what a person writes in the forums or maybe the music that they listen to so there’s a lot that can attribute to a persons overall attractiveness.

• edited December 2023

I agree with @lonelytauros . I look at a person overall for attractiveness.

Edit: I see now there is a female thread too. Oops!!! I still agree with him though. :)

• edited December 2023

@CuddleHugs01234 Yeah, I think I look to see if they appear trustworthy, I read their profile, and I gauge based on conversation. I try to tap into my Spidey sense too. If Spidey says no, I say no.

🕷️

• [Deleted User]Sportsgear (deleted user)
    edited December 2023

When viewing cuddlers for a potential session request I do not weigh attractiveness as a primary factor. Its just a photo and doesnt tell me much about the persons personality, experiences or genuiness. Once I meet someone my attraction is toward them as a person, the human side. I find people are attractive through their eyes and smile, not their bodies. This may sound like BS to some of the younger men but a guy my age has learned people are people and you never know what someone is like until you listen to them and get to know them. Someone who may not be a 22 year old beach model who needs the comfort of the cuddle as much as I do and it makes for a great connection. Thats not saying attractive women are not genuine or not needing this as much as I do, it just makes me consider all females who are here to connect with me. For me, age does play a factor because I dont want to be the creepy old guy with a young woman my daughters age. There is that.

• Yes, the answer is always yes. It always hovers well over 80% for any kind of Yes answer. I don't know how many polls we've had already on this topic. Men gear towards someone they deem physically attractive in an intimate setting like cuddling. Stop the presses.

• Me personally as long as the person has great hygiene and well groomed, it's ok with me. Height, weight, ethnicity, race, disability and gender matters NOT to me.

• Yes it does. But it is not just about having some eye candy. We assume that there is some binary choice between looks and personality. I'm generalizing of course, but there tend to be different personality types based on whether you are conventionally attractive or unattractive. I find often that attractive people tend to smile more and be more comfortable in social situations. In general, I tend to just have more fun around them. If that wasn't the case, I could care less if they looked like Jennifer Lawrence. Ok, I would still cuddle Jennifer Lawrence even if she treated me poorly. What was I talking about?

• I think it’s against community guidelines to keep spamming us with polls over topics that have been beaten to death. I think I may have to report it.

• edited December 2023

@jplemmon no kidding.
    @Minestrone101 GD sir. Like let it rest? This isn't even low key stirring... habitual. Its not one and its not productive. Not sneaky. Not cool. You know there are other posts like this and they come out as dumpster fires. You've posted many yourself. These aren't just one off questions and its getting to be incredibly clear what's going on here.

• WHat I LOOK FOR ISPKYSICAL ATTRACTIVENESS, WTHEIR BIOGRAPHICAL , INFOR FATION AND HOW THEY EXPRSS THEMSEELVES ONCE i have messaged them for a cuddle. and after.

• Yes, 100%. Even for platonic cuddles. I like to view someone nice looking when I cuddle.

• @stormydaycuddle - I was going to make the second poll for women only, but men would want a place to vote and comment as well which why I created both. Now, as an amateur sociologist, I have statistical data to back the assertion that women on the site do indeed view physical attractiveness as less important than men on the site (despite their assertion that this is not the case). Hard numbers don't lie and then men can hopefully get to work on how to meet more cuddlers knowing that looking like Brad Pitt is not a requirement, and people can better understand the psychology of cuddlers and who/why they choose certain ones (at least initially).

The rest of whatever opinions are just hearsay and complaints, but I find nothing substantial to point to my having malicious concerns - everyone is free to have their opinions including myself. Good day.

• edited December 2023

@Minestrone101 I'd love statistical data on controversial posts. Copying my comment on the last one. Then I'll search every time you've brought this subject up before because it isn't the first.

My previous comment.
    This isn't one post and they aren't innocent or helpful. These are previous dumpster fires. You sir need to yet again ask if a level of attractiveness makes a difference in cuddling? AGAIN? This is only THIS week. This is habitual.

https://www.cuddlecomfort.com/forum/discussion/18800#
    https://www.cuddlecomfort.com/forum/discussion/18799#
    https://www.cuddlecomfort.com/forum/discussion/18797#

@netrunner @CharlieBear

If it were productive I'd be all about it but its several topics a week. Dumpster fires he's already brought up.

• @Minestrone101 I already have four more. I'm going to let this be. Maybe it is an accident or innocent but please think about your topics, whether you've posted them before, how they went, and how your wording is coming across? Peeze.

• @stormydaycuddle Agree to disagree. Surveying the audience is not controversial. Good day.

• edited December 2023

Now, as an amateur sociologist, I have statistical data to back the assertion that women on the site do indeed view physical attractiveness as less important than men on the site (despite their assertion that this is not the case). Hard numbers don't lie and then men can hopefully get to work on how to meet more cuddlers knowing that looking like Brad Pitt is not a requirement, and people can better understand the psychology of cuddlers and who/why they choose certain ones (at least initially).

You really needed a study to determine that?

Plus, as a side note, I'm not sure how valid it is to compare female pros (mostly) and mostly male clients. Surveying all enthusiasts would make more sense.

• Surveying the audience AGAIN? and again... and again... and again... and if its about controversial topics it is.

• Pics are nice but mean little to me.

• Posting a topic repeatedly falls under attention-seeking behavior, but when it is on subjects like attractiveness on a platonic site then it is unquestionably pot-stirring no matter how much you dress up the pig.

• edited December 2023

@jplemmon Conjecture and hearsay vs. statistics. I like to be sure about what I'm talking about. In the last poll, the men figured bc the poll ended with about 70% of pple somewhat or totally choosing cuddlers based on attractiveness - the statistics dispel that assumption by showing women are far less likely (as much as 1/3) to choose cuddlers based on physical looks alone.

Therefore, men will hopefully be less likely to think they're out before they've even gotten out of the blocks, bc maybe how you approach women cuddlers, how you treat them, and how you make them feel might actually take precedence to them over what some YouTube influencer or meme said on the web.

It's actually somewhat empowering for men I must say - it demonstrates that much of the process of searching for and accomplishing cuddling is within their locust of control and not some genetic lottery sweepstakes.

• Self-selection bias is a thing.

• It shows primarily that pro cuddlers who earn money and view their role as therapeutic are less likely to choose based on appearance.. but anyways.

• Seems like this has been covered ad nauseum here, as well as other previous polls. But I'd say that personally I prefer to cuddle with someone I find attractive. I don't mean they have to be super hot, or beautiful, but there are certain things that I just don't like that I don't seek out. Now I have cuddled with women that I didn't particularly find attractive, and the cuddles were fine (except for when they got handsy with me). But in general if someone has a good personality, doesn't smell, and is pleasant to be around, the cuddles will be better than someone who might be super attractive but acts like a troll.

• edited December 2023

@jplemmon I can make another poll to isolate that variable, but people will be upset. I think you are applying your own interpretation of the data in order to satisfy your confirmation bias - a self-fulfilling prophecy. Almost every woman enthusiast that I talk to or cuddle do not find looks to be the ultimate deteminant of cuddling. Also, we can go by the qualitative data of women cuddler's comments all over the forum. This is why data and not just mere conjecture is important - bc in the face of black and white numbers you are still staying with your predetermined opinion. Numbers tell a story.