Relaxing before a cuddle session

edited December 2023 in General

How do you relax before a cuddle session? I usually drink chamomile tea.

Comments

• What I like to do to prepare for a cuddle session is start a quilt. I'm not very good at sewing, so it forces my brain to focus on the task at hand, releasing my emotions into the fabric.

• I'm not usually anxious before cuddles, at all. Where my anxiety lies is before the initial meeting (usually coffee or a walk in the park, or sometimes something more unique like a local attraction). My social anxiety pretty much always makes my hands shake, before these first meetings, even if I've been talking to the person quite a long time.

I will typically call my boyfriend on the drive, and talk through my anxiety with him until I'm about five minutes away. Then I drive in silence the last bit, and just calm my nerves with deep breathing and positive self-talk.

Once I'm with the person, having something to do with my hands helps a lot...a drink to sip on, often just water. Walking and talking helps break the pressure, as well. Being out and about is best, as it gives you constant visual input to comment on and draw attention to.

I also always come to meet-ups stocked with some ice breaker games, should the person be interested in that.

~ Sunset Snuggles

πŸ¦„ Enthusiast 🏞 Travel Fiend 🐘 Animal Lover

πŸŽ„ Merry Christmas to my homies! β˜ƒοΈ

• @SunsetSnuggles I thought the point was Not to break the ice.

Whether it be tea, quilting, or maybe a fifth of bourbon, I would like to know though. I thought over the past couple years it was just social anxiety I was developing, but Im not even good with 1on1 in the first moments anymore.

• @NickWk I would do my utmost to make you feel comfycozysafe. 😌

~ Sunset Snuggles

• @SunsetSnuggles
    I read your posts and profile stuff which is always so thoughtful; Im beginning to think like your kindof like a role model for this community. Your last post here about making someone feel safe though put me over the top. Speaking as someone who really has strong doubts about trying to socialize anymore. ☺

• @CelestialTouch That is incredibly kind of you. I have plenty to learn and am still fairly new, but I'm doing my best. πŸ€— Warm hugs to you, dear sir. Feel free to reach out, anytime.

~ Sunset Snuggles

• edited December 2023

I always dance before a session:

• edited December 2023

@SunsetSnuggles
    You dont even know me, yet you are so kind to me ☺ I dont know how to say, but ThankYou. I think your best is more than enough sounds like.

• I'm always relaxed

• I relax during sessions

• Who has time to relax before cuddling? I'm busy cleaning the house, lol.

• Who has time to relax before cuddling? I'm busy cleaning the house, lol.

That one makes absolute sense. Even if you are in a hotel you are looking for everything to be just right.

• I like taking a warm shower and applying coconut oil or rose oil to smell good ☺️

• Cuddling is meant for relaxing, soothing, and connecting to ourselves. Take a few deep breaths and cuddle. πŸ₯°πŸ€— good luck

• I too enjoy a cup of tea and taking a few deep breaths with intention. I do a light stretch and I feel ready to give my 100%

• edited December 2023

Reported and reviewed. Removing inappropriate comment. [CharlieBear]

• Huh ~ I've never really thought of intentionally relaxing as part of as a pre-cuddle thing to do.
    But perhaps I should? I mean it probably wouldn't hurt to, and maybe it'd help to ease some of the initial awkwardness I tend walk in with... Then again, it's kind of nice to get to ground with one another, so maybe I shouldn't?

Either way, seems worthy of consideration.