There have been recent discussions (and less recent ones) about karma. The karma found on any member's profile is based on what the person leaving it wants to say, or feels safe to say.

As such, it is limited as a tool for evaluating potential cuddlers. The number of karmas generally reflects some percentage of the number of cuddles they've had, but not always. When looking at the number of karmas someone has, it can be useful to look at how long a member has been on the site.

Karmas that are specific about why someone was a great cuddler may hold more weight than vague ones.

Related to karma, I believe, is the area of forum posting. While there are guidelines, there are gray areas and there are problematic areas not covered by the guidelines.

One of the filters I use when posting, relates to the fact that my primary purpose for being here is cuddling. I ask myself whether my post will have a positive, neutral, or negative impact on my chance of cuddling in this community. I see it as writing my own karma.

I'll put this out there with my cuddle enthusiast hat on: I want others to have the success here that I've had. My approach has worked for me, and I invite others to do the same. Most people do, to be honest, and others do some of the time.

Comments

• Also consider who left the Karma, as to how much weight you put on it. I'll take one good Karma from someone in the community that I trust, over numerous good Karma's from scantily-clad users I've never met.

~ Sunset Snuggles

🦄 Enthusiast 🏞 Travel Fiend 🐘 Animal Lover

🎄 Merry Christmas to my homies! ☃️

• edited December 2023

Karma in and of itself means very little or what someone has written on the forums. You really know nothing until you are one-on-one with someone through messages, a public meet, and a session. I have cuddled enthusiasts and pros and I have cuddled a few people on the forum. I can say a couple that I met from the forums were awful and one person who received bad karma was spectacular and kind. The point being words are just words and karma doesn’t account for the character giving it and saying nice things on forums carries little evidentiary proof that they are nice. Remember, sociopaths, politicians, narcissists, people with low self-esteem or those just wanting to be popular are very good at crafting what people want to hear without meaning it.

The only thing I use the forums for as far as cuddling is using something they said as a conversation starter. I do agree to a certain extent with what @JoyfulHeart said as far as karma. Specifics matter and so do patterns. Even then I chat and ask questions.

With that said, the people that have left karma for me have been top notch with the exception of one. If I had a bad experience I ask that they not post karma without telling them why.

• Never trust a consistent prick on the forum, folks! They could be a total sweetheart in disguise. 🥰

~ Sunset Snuggles

🦄 Enthusiast 🏞 Travel Fiend 🐘 Animal Lover

🎄 Merry Christmas to my homies! ☃️

• I think karma is what is karma really means! a situation in which things happen to someone as a result of their previous actions, in other words, if your actions where positive or negative during a cuddle session, you will find their profile karmas reflecting…in a nutshell.

• edited December 2023

Since this thread is still on the first page I'd like to get something out of my own head.

I had a fantastic, excellent cuddle with a pro yesterday. Not a mind reader but as far as I can figure I think she had a pleasant experience as well. She had mentioned she was going to leave karma later that night when she had a chance... I noticed she visited my profile last night but no karma rating. All things considered I suspect that it was just an oops. Just feeling mild disappointment/hurt feelings as I was excited to see what she was going to write.

I'm hesitant to take it up with her because I don't want to be a bother or act needy or demanding. But it feels a bit better to get this out of my system here. I've probably just become conditioned to overvalue karma on this platform. I often suffer not great self-worth and the lone karma comment on my profile as of this writing is the greatest thing anyone has ever said or written about me.

EDIT: Received lovely karma note 🥰