Lavender

edited January 4 in General

Guys I'm planning on growing lavender in my yard this summer. I love lavender. It smells so soothing and nostalgic. I want to make lavender tea, lavender oil, lavender soap, etc. Maybe even sell some lavender related goods at my local farmers market.

Right now I am gathering some data. I asked my friend about lavender and learned that there was several different types. Edible lavender for baking, decorative lavender for flowers...

I also heard that growing lavender is pretty easy as long as you do it from a cutting and not from seed.

Does anyone have any experience with lavender?

What else can I make with lavender?

Comments

• I have had microwavable stuffed animals that had lavender essential oil mixed in with the beads inside, so when you warmed them up, not only did they feel cozy, but they smelled wonderful, as well.

Hope it goes great for you! 🪻

~ Sunset Snuggles

🦄 Enthusiast 🏞 Travel Fiend 🐘 Animal Lover

"Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better man." ~ Benjamin Franklin

• I spent $30 on a Lavender plant growing kit from Home Depot. Not a single one of the 20 or so seeds in the little packet ever grew.

I want my money back.

On a positive note, those Gonesh Lavender incense sticks are wonderful.

• @TxTom You have to water them with the tears of blobfishies. Very tricky to acquire...

~ Sunset Snuggles

🦄 Enthusiast 🏞 Travel Fiend 🐘 Animal Lover

"Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better man." ~ Benjamin Franklin

• @SunsetSnuggles
    I’ve never heard of these so I just searched Amazon and found them. Thanks for the great idea!
    I love lavender and always use lavender linen spay before sessions!

• Got some weed that isn't great tasting or bland? Grind a tiny bit of lavender with your bud and smoke it. You really don't need a lot.

Lavender contains linalool. Linalool is a commonly found terpene in various cannabis strains.

• @GrayKunz I heard that from someone and did not fully believe them. Guess I will have to try it now.

• My early memory of lavender is dried, sealed in a little cloth bag, and placed in drawers and wardrobes to give a nice background scent to clothes. I don't know if there were anti-moth properties, alledged or real.

• @CuddleDuncan I understood that Lavender is supposed to repel scorpions, which sparked my initial interest in it.

• @TxTom, I don't know about repelling scorpions, we didn't have those. What I can tell you is that was excellent at attracting old ladies.

• I have planted a 1 acre lavender farm in northern california, along with an off grid solar array to support the (2) wells 12gpm and 22 gpm. I have quite a bit of insight. We planted 3 types. Knowing your zone is imperative. If you have specific questions - I am glad to provide knowledge I may have to assist you in your endeavor!

• @TxTom - Home Depot guarantees all plants, no questions asked. You can bring a pot with their sku with just soil - and boom - replacement. Just dont abuse the system ;)

• @SnuggleBuggle_ Thanks! Although I don't think that will work for this plant kit. It is a third party product. I'll try a refund or replacement thru them.