Silly question... how do I set my forum profile pic?

So I've been on here for a few weeks now, and I haven't been able to get rid of the default forum profile pic. When I click on it, it leads to my site profile that includes several photos, but I just can't figure out how to set one of those photos to show up with my forum posts.

Where are the helpers for this, because I couldn't find an answer in the FAQ. Thank you in advance!

Comments

• I don’t have the answer but a few others have posted this same problem. Maybe one of our amazing Mods can help?
    @CharlieBear @Sideon @netrunner @Mark
    Hope this works! 🤗

• edited January 13

I don’t actually know what the reason is because it should be using your profile pic. One thing it could be is the image format used in your profile photo. I think a lot of us with iPhones will upload a photo in HEIC format which perhaps is incompatible with the forum software. I’d try reloading your pic as a JPEG and see if that fixes it. A quick way to do that if you are on mobile (if you’d rather not go through the process of using an image converter) is to just screenshot your current pic, crop it, and upload that to see if that fixes it.

@GentleCuddling
    Edit: I think your profile photo is jpeg so maybe none of this applies to you.

• edited January 13

I couldn't figure it out when it happened to me, but then when I uploaded a new pic, it fixed the problem. Try uploading your pic again, maybe?

Edit: Maybe I should have read CharlieBear's comment before I made mine. 😂

• Hmm. So much for just uploading a new photo. I'll have to keep trying.

• Ah, there we go. Thank you for the suggestions!

• @GentleCuddling
    Oh nice! What ended up fixing it?

• @CharlieBear It wasn't just uploading a new photo, it was specifically moving the star from one photo to another.