Choose a Movie, Keep 1 Character, Everyone Else is a Muppet

edited January 26 in General

Gladiator- Russell Crowe stays- picture Joaquin Phoenix as Gonzo and Statler and Waldrof as Senators. πŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ˜

Comments

• edited January 26

Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974) Keep Sally. Cookie Monster as Leatherface.

Edit: Actually, any slasher movie would be improved if it were to feature Muppets or Looney Tunes characters.

• The Other Guys. Keep Keaton. Fozzy & Gonzo are the cops. Sweetums & Sam the Eagle are the former cops.

• Pulp Fiction. Marcellus Wallace is human.

• That’s actually a pretty cute and thought-provoking post. I would probably have to say Goodfellas and just keep in Joe Pesci! Lol

• Dirty Dancing - keep Patrick Swayze

Pride & Prejudice (any version) - keep Lizzy, so her commentary is on society of muppets.

• Any Evil Dead, ofc keep Ash.

• [Deleted User]teerex (deleted user)

Top Gun. Keep Goose. The Electric Mayhem are flying the rest of the jets. 🀣

• Law Abiding Citizen, Gerard Butler

• edited January 27

The Terminator, keep Linda Hamilton.

Kyle Reese played by Kermit🐸
    The Terminator played by Miss Piggy🐽

The 3 punks (in the opening scene) played by Animal, Fozzie🐻 and The Swedish ChefπŸ§‘β€πŸ³

Lol. πŸ˜„

Picturing the love scene HILARIOUSLY with Linda and Kermit now. Yep, even including " the froggy style" position. πŸΈπŸ˜„

Miss Piggy dressed up in leather with dark glasses πŸ•Ά looking totally bad ass πŸ’ͺwhile killing any and everyone. Which is just another "Wednesday" as far as she's concerned. 😎😁

John Connor will now be named "Hops Connor" or "Ribbit Connor".

ques up Terminator theme music

πŸ˜ŽπŸ˜„

• edited January 27

Ooh! 😯

The entire Mad Max film franchiseπŸš”πŸš–πŸš˜πŸšπŸš›πŸššπŸššπŸ›»πŸš™πŸš’πŸšπŸšœπŸπŸššπŸ›»πŸš™:
    Mad Max, The Road Warrior, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome, Fury Road and coming soon Furiosa (which I am TOTES looking forward to watching come spring. Yay!πŸ˜†)

Keep Max in all of them!πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘

(Going ALL Jim Henson Workshop here ya'll, not just using Muppets from The Muppet Show)

Lord Humongous played by Big Bird
    Wez played by Oscar the Grouch
    Wez's Blonde haired lover played by Snufflelumpagus (I think that how it's spelled?😁)
    The Feral Kid played by Scooter
    The Nightrider played by Kermit (seeing Kermit reciting AC/DC song lyrics while speeding away from Max is HILARIOUS!πŸ˜†)

The Toe Cutter played by Elmo
    Johnny The Boy played by Cookie Monster
    Bubba Zenetti played by Gonzo
    Goose played by Dr. Teeth
    Jess played by Skeeter
    Sprog played by Kermit's nephew (can't recall his name...πŸ€”)

Master Blaster played by Bert and Ernie
    Aunty Entity played by (you guessed itπŸ˜†) Miss Piggy
    Iron Bar played by Animal

Immortan Joe played by The Trash Heap
    Furiosa played by Red Fraggle
    The 5 Wives played by Gonzo's Chickens πŸ”
    Rictus Erectus played by Sweetums

LOL! This is a fun thread ya'll. πŸ˜„πŸ˜†πŸ˜

• Boogie Nights. keep Dirk.

• Clue. The only non-muppet is Tim Curry. To be fair, he is already kind of a muppet.

• edited January 27

Tangential to this topic. You MUST see Melissa McCarthy, Maya Rudolph and Elizabeth Banks in The Happytime Murders.!!!

This is a GREAT and very legit whodunit murder mystery drama comedy set in a world where muppets and humans live together, but unlike any muppet movie you’ve ever seen!

It’s not only hilarious but it’s rated R for very foul language and VERY EXPLICIT sexual activity coming from the MUPPETS themselves.

Directed by Brian Henson (Jim Henson’s son), it will shatter your innocent, child-like memories and perceptions of the wholesome nature of the muppets. I’ve seen it 3 times!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Happytime_Murders

• [Deleted User]teerex (deleted user)
    edited January 27

I thought it was an abomination to the memory of Jim Henson, but that's just me. Jim was my favorite artist of all time and aside from The Muppet Christmas Carol, I think he'd be horrified with what Brian has done with the company.

• edited January 27

@teerex That’ is a very legitimate point of view. I thought much of the exact same myself my friend! The Muppets have always been the ONE thing in the world that was very childlike, very innocent, very wholesome, and sorta hands off! I totally agree.

And then I saw it and was dying laughing.

This is one of those situations in life where two completely separate, disparate and conflicting positions co-exist.

And McCarthy just nailed it.

• When Team America: World Police was made, they wanted puppets in an otherwise completely serious, big event, Michael Bay-style movie.

I think that dichotomy works very well.

• Hahaha! Love this thread and all the suggestions are hilarious πŸ˜‚

In addition to action and horror flicks....Something serious would be funny too!

Like The English Patient 😏 where Ralph Fiennes is the really person....everyone else are muppets 🀣

• Cast Awayβ€” keep Wilson. I think that movie would be a ball.

• @RedFox16 The English Patient has me in stitches. Imagining Willem Dafoe as a muppet is great 🀣.

Maybe a bit dark but No Country For Old Men with Javier Bardem as the only real person could be an interesting dive. Though Tommy Lee Jones has the only real person could be interesting as well. Either would really change the vibes of the movie.

• @KPSM Oh my gosh, I totally forgot Willem Dafoe was in that movie 🀣🀣🀣 That makes it even better.

And No Country would be another good serious movie for this! Although making Tommy Lee a Muppet would also be something to see! Or just keep josh brolin....😎😜

• I thought about keeping Brolin too but it occurred to me that keeping Bardem or Jones would make for a kind of David Lynch meets the muppets fever dream which I found amusing πŸ€ͺ.

• @Katota omg you're right! Any of the Mad Max movies would be amazing. Your casting is totally on point, I can tell you know the Muppets pantheon. I love Kermit as the Nightrider. 🀣😊

• I looked him up and yes! Exactly πŸ’―πŸ€£

• Star Wars Episodes 4-6

Keep Vader everyone is a Muppet...except

In Empire and Return/Jedi Yoda becomes a human too.

• @cuddlefaery LH MY GOODNESS!! πŸ˜‚β€οΈπŸ’—

Pride & Prejudice (any version) - keep Lizzy, so her commentary is on society of muppets.

I can imagine Miss Piggy as Elizabeth Bennett MOM!!! Love it

What a fun thread. Thank you @CaptainChaos

I can imagine a million movies like this now. I was just looking at a new Mean Girls and I can’t unsee it with Muppets.

Okay…. Old school… Star Wars. Keep Princess Leia

WHO WOULD BE DARTH VADER???

• OMGOSH. @BoomerSpooner πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚YESSSSS

WILSON WAS MY FAVORITE CHARACTER!!!

• Serenity, except Malcolm (Nathan Fillion) is the only human. Keep all the choreographed fight scenes, with lots of visible strings.
    Warning, cursed:

AI image of Alan Tudyk as Wash, as a Muppet
    "I'm a leaf on the wind!"

• Django Unchained. Samuel L. Jackson stays. Django is played by Rowlf.

• edited January 28

Castaway.

But Keep Tom Hanks.

Returning to a civilization populated exclusively by muppets might suggest he never makes it off that island, after all.

πŸ™ˆ

Also, imagine your stoner friend’s reaction after watching for an hour and a half before realizing it’s a muppet movie.

• @sillysassy - this was right above your post about Stsr Wars.

"Star Wars Episodes 4-6

Keep Vader everyone is a Muppet...except

In Empire and Return/Jedi Yoda becomes a human too."