The Happytime Murders

edited January 27 in General

So I just commented in a different and very clever post a minute ago relating to movies and
Muppets, but this movie was so unique and so excellent I thought it worth it’s own platform so here’s it is:

You MUST see Melissa McCarthy, Maya Rudolph and Elizabeth Banks in The Happytime Murders!!!

This is a GREAT and very legit whodunit murder mystery drama comedy set in a world where muppets and humans live together, but unlike any muppet movie you’ve ever seen!

It’s not only hilarious but it’s rated R for very foul language and VERY EXPLICIT sexual activity coming from the MUPPETS themselves.

Directed by Brian Henson (Jim Henson’s son), it will shatter your innocent, child-like memories and perceptions of the wholesome nature of the muppets. I’ve seen it 3 times! Give it a try.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Happytime_Murders

Comments

• edited January 27

(reposted in other Muppet thread)

• I'm a huge Muppets, 80's baby and I flipping ❤️ this movie. It's hilarious, clever,and wickedly twisted. Forget the glass of wine... where's the twizzlers 🍬 to sit down and watch again. 🍿

• I would give a caveat that people who have sexual trauma may want to stay far away from this movie.

• Lol! That's my movie right there! 😆😆😆

• edited January 27

Lol! The critics hated it (of course they did🙄), but I loved it. It is hilarious, with the dark humor, the profanity, sexually suggestive scenerios, the violence...Yep, that's my kind of movie.😆

And I give this movie a 👍👍👍

HA!😆

• Maybe this is what I will be watching tonight?? Thanks for the fair warning though!

• Do you have some sugar for Goofer?

I’ll give you what I call the continental hot sock.

😂

• @NickWk Exactly! Like @Katota mentioned, that movie is filled with all sorts of wicked things. And all kidding aside it is a good whodunit murder mystery. Some of the adult scenes as I will call them and the profanity and well I don’t want to spoiler alert any of it but the bottom line is is that that movie has a lot of twisted things in it and it’s so incredibly creative. I really liked it.

I just checked it on DIRECTV. It’s four dollars for a rental. I may have to download it!

• A lot of gut laughs at the crude humor, but it was an interesting movie.

• Same thing with Ted. Your profile pic.

• This sounds like such bizarre sh!t, but you guys are making me slightly curious... 😶

~ Sunset Snuggles

🦄 Enthusiast 🏞 Travel Fiend 🐘 Animal Lover

"Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better man." ~ Benjamin Franklin