What makes you happy?

It's 2024 and we as people need to spread the word about selfcare. I believe self-care is the best thing anybody can do for themselves even if its meditating, working on body, trying new things, writing, reading, socializing more, going on vacation, deleting toxic people from their lives, helping other people, or anything that just makes you feel good. So, what makes a you feel good? What are some goals you want to accomplish for yourself? How can you help yourself in order to help others? What kind of suggestions or wisdom would give to yourself or others? Name one thing or a few that would brighten up your day?

Comments

• Pampering myself makes me feel great. I would tell someone to never give up and continue to work on themeselves no matter what have happen to them in the past; a new day is always a new you to get it right and make it happen or keep it going๐Ÿ˜‰ #Healing Wisdom

• Hot chocolate, the good stuff like from dutch bros coffee or homemade. being social I guess.

• For me, one thing that helped this past year was intentionally choosing times to be.... "off." I consider Saturday to be the Sabbath, so I'll use that as an example, but it doesn't have to be that day or have any religious reason for people to do it. But if I'm resting on Saturday, I rest. I allow myself to ignore all the stuff that needs to be done and all self-talk about laziness. I rest and do only things I want to do (or have to do for kids/animals).

Not everyone has this weird guilt about resting, but I do, so it helps me to just choose that on this day, or that evening, or whatever, I'm just NOT doing anything productive, and that's that.

• Other, more specific "things" that make me happy...

• (subjectively) good music
    • laughter
    • a long walk in the woods
    • Minecraft
    • fantasy novels
    • coffee
    • a clean kitchen
    • cuddles & good company
  • Mmm a morning and afternoon of playing minecraft with a tasty cold brew is top tier!
    @SnugglyChelle

• edited February 14

This is great everybody.๐Ÿ˜ It is a great thing to acknowledge the things that makes us feel good about ourselves or just taking time out for ourselves is good for our mental health.

• edited February 16

Smooshing
    video games
    sun sets
    biking
    being in nature
    learning new things
    exploring
    being with those close to me
    interacting with animals
    (good) iced tea
    music

There are plenty of other things, but those are a few.

edit-------
    My goals are to laze about and enjoy myself.