Interested in Cuddles And Maybe Being Pro

I guess I have two things to discuss here.
One, I am both in need of cuddles and considering being a pro cuddler. I have looked into it before, but I'm grieving now and find myself wanting to hug a lot and it reminded me that maybe I should try this. Is there a qualification that you shouldn't be a cuddler if you too need cuddles? I am in school to get a psychology degree and very nonjudgy and understanding. This could be a great job for me for those reasons. I joined the site as a client first to see if I like the experience.
My other question. I know the site says they don't vet clients, but do they vet cuddlers? I don't mind if they vet me. I am asking because the results for pro cuddlers I got in my area looked super sketchy. Around half didn't have photos, and a lot of the photos that were there looked humorously bad, like they don't care at all, selfies. One only included their forehead. I did see several potentials, but now I feel creeped out. Ideally, they'd vet everybody, but it seems they should definitely vet the pros.

Comments

• Dear Kind,
    Your profile pic is good btw. You look so kind :) It's ok to be a pro if you need cuddles. I would have sent you a DM, but
    the site said you are getting too many messages right now to let any but local DMs go thru.

• Oh, dang. I did get 5 messages. Thank you so much. ๐Ÿ’› My reaction to the sketchy profiles made me forget there is the option to do public cuddles, that does balance things out some.

• Hi! Welcome! I would personally do enthusiast for a bit, learn about it all, then go for pro. Especially since you need some hugs yourself right now. Thereโ€™s lots of threads on here about different topics. Use your gut on vetting people, because itโ€™s your responsibility to do it, not the websites. They are not liable for who you meet up with. My profile has some things I use, and you could search pro websites and see what they use. Happy Cuddling!

• [Deleted User]ElijahFrisbie (deleted user)

This actually brought up a thought for me as I was looking at pro as well. I remember reading in the initial agreement thing that pros arenโ€™t supposed to reach out to people and wait for clients to reach out to them, so would it be smart to have your pro profile and then an enthusiast profile, or would you just want to put a disclaimer in your bio and/or a statement in your opening message saying โ€œhey I know im a pro butโ€ฆโ€
    Not sure if that makes sense at all.

• @ElijahFrisbie Hi! You canโ€™t have two profiles. You can get permanently banned for that.

• I agree that you should try being an enthusiast for a while first, then go pro, especially if you have the added benefit of a degree in psychology. I think being a pro could be great for you as long as you don't find yourself trauma dumping in your grief. Hugs and good luck to you!

• I can't answer some of your questions or respond to some of your thoughts.

Though I want to first say sorry to hear about you grieving. I've been going through some tough times myself lately, so I understand your need.

My advise would be to first put on your mask before trying to help others as a pro cuddler. If you're going through a particularly difficult time, you can try to find enthusiasts to cuddle with first. That way you're both giving to each other. Or similarly find a pro who you feel good about that way you can be the one who gets the most focus, provided you get a pro who knows what he, or she is doing. When you feel strong enough to mainly give, because I'd say that's what about 50% or 70%+ of being pro entails, then I'd say you can look into being a pro.

Prior to that, especially given that you're very new here, I'd focus on trying to get your needs met first, and getting better acquainted with the community. I'd not actually rush into meeting anyone, maybe take some weeks to talk with others in messaging or otherwise, and interact with the forum. So you get to know better what it's all about, and some ways to help keep safe.

From there on, I think it's good for pros to have either some enthusiasts with whom they cuddle as enthusiasts, not I don't know the rule regarding this and if allowed. Or other pros who you hire to help you recenter yourself when needed, so you can give your best to your clients.

• I just read @CuddleHugs01234 , and @PixiePassions ' responses which are awesome! :)

• Thank you, @Lovelight, so is yours. ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Hi. I feel the same. I am not understanding too much about how this site works. I literally donโ€™t know if I am a client or a enthusiast or does it even matter when you sign up?

• [Deleted User]ElijahFrisbie (deleted user)

@CuddleHugs01234 thanks for the answer!

• @dmommy If you havenโ€™t signed up for pro status, you are an enthusiast. If you hire a pro cuddler, you are then a client too.

@ElijahFrisbie You are welcome!!

• @dmommy welcome. Adding to the response you got:

1. Enthusiasts cuddle each other for free. They aren't allowed to charge anyone for cuddling.

2. Pro cuddlers need to register as such and can charge, those who book them are clients.

This link, https://www.cuddlecomfort.com/become-a-professional-cuddler , can be found by scrolling to the very bottom when you're on the forum. Or on other parts of the site.

Said clients may be enthusiasts, or at times other pros.

• edited February 4

that pros arenโ€™t supposed to reach out
    to people

@ElijahFrisbie Wait a minute, pros aren't suppose to reach out to people? Really? ๐Ÿค”
    As an enthusiast, I clearly missed or just didn't read that part due to it not pertaining to me as an enthusiast. ๐Ÿ˜

I say this due to a few Pros reaching out to me with openers like "I would love to cuddle with you". Of course not all Pros have messaged me in that manner, just the few. ๐Ÿ˜

I politely tell the "wanna cuddle" Pros that I am not interested in paying for cuddles nor am I looking to charge others for cuddling either and bid them farewell. ๐Ÿ˜

Huh, that's still good to know though. ๐Ÿ‘

• I think you're allowed to be both an enthusiast and a Procrastinator, simultaneously.

I'm planning to reach out to a fellow cuddler tomorrow.

• PSA LONG POST AHEAD!! ๐Ÿ“ข๐Ÿšจ๐Ÿ›‘

@KindIsBeautiful What a thoughtful post. Thank you for being so curious... Welcome to the site and I TOTALLY align with your user name. Kind IS Beautiful!!! ๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿฆ‹

I am sad to hear as well about the pain in your world. I think this is a beautiful community and because some of us come here to connect and share and find healing, there is a plethora of people who can relate.

As I was reflecting on your question.... I think a great place for you to ask it might be to other Pros in the PRO Forum. I am a HUGE Pro advocate and am very grateful to have them here to help with all the cuddle needs, but I certainly can't give you the perspective of a PRO. Here's a fun way to get an idea of different people's personality....

https://www.cuddlecomfort.com/forum/profile/comments/justjennn/

It helps me when I am vetting another user. Put anyone's user name at the end and you can see their comments in the forum and maybe find people you can align with or pro's that seem to have a similar desire as you.

I know for me.... I do NOT have the capacity to do something like cuddling for a profession after watching and listening to all kinds of stories from other Professionals on the site and in person. It seems like you are on the path to knowing yourself and I think that is the first step. I think the downfall of choosing a career path when you are maybe not at your best, is that you might be making decisions that aren't in your best interest and that could lead to more pain. Getting yourself grounded and your emotional gas tank full before making those choices might create a more sustainable course of action.

I have met lots of people who are delightful and kind but I have also met a few predators who are looking to take advantage of people when they are especially vulnerable, and its for that very reason that I would say to be overly cautious here in the beginning stages of this chapter.

Ideally, they'd vet everybody, but it seems they should definitely vet the pros.

Someone touched on this a tiny bit but I thought I would add.... The reason why you see such a variety of people who are enthusiasts AND Professionals comes from the design of the community by @Mark. The idea is that anyone can be a part of what this is with ZERO expectations or demands outside of following the TOS. The nature of the cuddle community is about consent and knowing yourself well enough to know what YOU need. There are so many different kinds of people and just as many different kinds of needs. Especially because this is an evolving industry.... There are no qualifications or state mandates, so people get to create their own business model. "i.e. I have no history of cuddling for a professional but I love hugs!" next to the pro that says "I went to a Cuddlist school, I've also attending seminars for dealing with touch trauma, I'm a licenced social worker." etc etc. As long as they are within the sites Terms of Service to keep things platonic, then each Pro would offer a unique to them experience and therefore attract a totally different clientele.

We do not endorse nor check the credibility or authenticity of any members, including those who are labeled as 'Professional'. You should therefore always exercise due diligence independent of this website to satisfy your own peace of mind in regards to safety.

The liability/responsibility @Mark would have as the owner of the website would be crazy off the charts if he were to attempt any kind of "I know this person will be the right fit because we did a background check" and he has spoken about that in quite a few different threads. Instead, there is a short and extremely concise statement that basically says we as a user hold him harmless.

USE OF THIS WEBSITE IS PROVIDED โ€œAS IS, WHERE IS,โ€ AS AN ACCOMMODATION, AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, NOR DOES CUDDLE COMFORT PROVIDE ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND IN RESPECT OF ANY GOODS AND SERVICES PURCHASED OR PROVIDED VIA THIS WEBSITE (UNLESS OTHERWISE EXPRESSLY STATED IN WRITING IN THE RELEVANT TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE) OR ANY LINKS TO THIS WEBSITE. CUDDLE COMFORT EXPRESSLY EXCLUDES ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT IN RESPECT OF THIS WEBSITE AND ANY GOODS OR SERVICES PURCHASED VIA THIS WEBSITE OR ANY LINKS TO THIS WEBSITE.

@Lovelight Great to see you back. This one has been here for quite a while and has seen a lot of stuff in the forums. LOTS of great input here about finding balance in taking care of your needs in order to deal with your grief.

@ElijahFrisbie first.... What a fun user name! And I love your ink. Welcome to the site. ๐Ÿ˜Š

• @PixiePassions I appreciate it too. ๐Ÿ˜Š

@TxTom "Procrastinator..." ๐Ÿ˜‚

@sillysassy Thank you, and so have you! I've seen you embody a lot of care, and life that you share with so many of us. Like many here, you also radiate with positivity and support, which is rad! ๐Ÿ˜Š