An Airbnb, but for travelling cuddlers

Hi all, I wanted to get thoughts and opinions. I live in beautiful Tampa Bay, and I like to travel whenever possible. Im looking into renting my place to travelling cuddlers for weeks at a time. I would love to hear everyone's opinions about problems that would arrise. O

Comments

• A nice idea, but the devil is in the details.

Seems like you would really need someone local who would take care of cleaning/check-in/check-out/verification of lack of damage/loss in your absence. If you aim to get small fees like $25 or 50 for a few hours of rent of your space, for cuddling, it may not be enough to make it worth the cleaning/oversight costs. At higher price points, people could get a hotel room.

• edited February 6

Wow @ac4311 what a GLORIOUS user picture!!! And it looks like a fabulous place to live in by the Gulf (sans hurricanes of course)

Hmmmm you’re asking for ideas and opinions….

If the thought is to be strictly geared toward cuddle minded people…. You could even talk to a bunch of local pros and enthusiast, maybe host an open house, and ask if they would be interested in renting it as a group they could each pay a portion and work out a lot of those specifics within themselves. They wouldn’t have to have the responsibility of a long term space for lease but it might be the perfect option to something like a part time rental.

This sounds like a MEET & GREET just waiting to happen!!!

Another idea might me to swap houses with cuddly people.

The home you have could be swapped for another’s home in a state that you would like to visit.

Oh wait….

You want the PROBLEMS that would arise… I suppose it’s like any rental scenario… will they be honest, reliable, responsible or not?

That’s a LONG list!!! Gosh I’m sorry. My brain started thinking all sorts of other things!!

• I have also heard of people who house sit/cuddle and that seems like a pretty cool idea…

• People that travel want points!!! I go on vacation for free because of points. Hotel is free, rental car is free, parking at the airport is free, plane flight is free, etc. So I wouldn’t take advantage of it.

• edited February 6

I don't really know what... though I wouldn't. Doesn't mean you can't or shouldn't, I just think it may be a lot harder to navigate.

By simply having a place for anyone in general to stay, you aren't bringing focus to cuddling, and what they do there would really be none of your business or it'd be on them, especially if you find ways to safe* guard yourself from it.

I'd imagine like how we've a ton of non platonic focused people coming here and wrecking some kind of hovac, you could be attracting the wrong crowd even if you explicitly speak against it. They'll have access to your home too, I'm assuming it'd be your primary home?

And if anything goes left, a lot of people due to the misunderstanding may spread that you were doing so and so there.

I'd be very careful and do a lot of research in general. Then I hope you get the answers you need. I'm not saying this to necessarily discourage you from doing it. Who knows, you just might pave the way to great things. Though the journey could be filled with mines and be trecthours... sorry can't spell, and wouldn't fix it. 😅