one step closer to the future

[Deleted User]01001000P (deleted user)

https://tech.news.am/eng/news/2838/paralyzed-man-in-china-learns-to-eat-and-drink-on-his-own-thanks-to-neuroimplant.html

Using a neuroimplant, less invasive than Musk's Neuralink testing, Chinese researchers have enabled some motor functioning for a paralysed man.

Kinda optimistic about this. Neoluddites will be whining about some dystopia and so on.

Comments

• Isn't every step? Is it possible to step toward the past?

• I looove so much the process of receiving periodic notifications for software upgrade, stopping what I'm doing, accepting the terms, downloading, waiting, then restarting my phone and other devices---I just can't wait to have to go through that process for myself. Yay.

WHINING SARCASM COMPLETE

• Technology is nothing more than a tool. There is no such thing as inherently good or inherently bad technology, it is all in the way it is used.

Scalpels, chain saws, firearms, nuclear energy… they can all make people’s lives better or end people’s lives. Brain implants are the same way, tremendous potential upside for treating (possibly even curing) numerous sensory and neurological disorders but also significant potential for misuse.