Microdosing to happiness

Hi y’all curious if anyone else has started using magic mushrooms for medical purposes. I’ve been on a journey for the last couple years and the results are pretty amazing. Since it’s legal in Ann Arbor I’ve been able to try different strands and found this is really important. My curiosity comes from wanting to know what strains helped you or has helped you in the past. Hoping everyone that reads has an amazing day!

Comments

• For medical purposes, or just to achieve happiness? Or both?

I'm pretty happy overall, so I've never had a desire to experiment with anything as a means of escape or to achieve a state of bliss.

I would be interested in something like this for strictly medical reasons (ie, pain), but I cannot while in my current occupation.

• I would be interested in what strains are best for you! I have been interested in micro dosing.

• I'd like to be able to try microdosing, for sure. The legality is my barrier! But I know there are quite a few potential benefits. I hope that the future brings more research and more law changes regarding certain substances.

• edited February 22

I find I prefer microdosing with edible weed. Gotta say, I love cuddling with someone I trust and know well when I'm on weed or we both are.

• Psilocybin in 1970s was very popular - amazing, memorable and actually suggested by my abstract painting professor, sounds crazy now. it wasn’t legal nor regulated. But he recommended it for the hallucinogenic mind-expanding experience. Your post makes me curious. I had read fairly recently that it’s being used now for therapy.

• I'm curious about it but want more scientific information before trying...

• Nice way and be open on things.. Im natural herb smoking soothing person..it'd nice as I smoke and relax on work break reading all of ur thoughts... 🐺 ☕️ 🚬

• Never that, but microdose THC. Just enough to help me relax.

• I have always wanted to try mescaline.

• I have used Lions Mane and Penis Envy (yes that’s the real name). Penis Envy was the stronger and more trippy of the two, Lions Mane is more mellow. If you’re microdosing, like I have, don’t worry about the nausea, you not taking enough for it to be a concern, if you want the fuller psychedelic experience I recommend brewing into tea with lemon juice (breaks down the mushroom powder and psilocybin) and ginger (helps with nausea). Either way buy a cheap coffee grinder so you can turn them into a powder, and an electronic scale. Make sure to get it from a reputable supplier.

• Yesterday I did a rather LARGE dose and I can say it was a terrifying and disturbing experience... but I learned a lot and have a different perspective on life the universe and everything today. Still integrating. Mushrooms are safer than alcohol, and increase neural connections in the brain.. make sure you have someone you trust watching over you if you're doing a large dose!

• Microdosing psilocybin was a game changer for me. After a suicide attempt, I was slowly trying to regain better mental health. Microdosing mushrooms absolutely pulled me out of the remaining darkness. That and mindfulness. I haven't microdosed in over six months or so - haven't felt the need to. It really can help long-term. (I only did it for about four to six months.) I've never tripped, only microdosed.

As long as someone has no preexisting conditions that would make it go wrong for them, I will ALWAYS advocate for psilocybin usage.

Unfortunately I'm not sure what strain I was given. 🙃 I could probably ask the friend who gifted it to me. 😅

• @lesmis33 mescaline was amazing experience also. Small dose is best to begin but honestly I wouldn’t try anything now, unless you somehow know its origin and purity. Things have changed, people have changed, not as safe as it once was.

• I'm hopeful for the way research has been heading on psychotropics and neurobiology. Hopefully as more states legalize them they'll become more accessible option
    Treatment resistant depression & anxiety, PTSD, ADHD, OCD, among others could be greatly alleviated or even put into remission it seems.

• @carrieanne That's good to hear and thanks for your advice! I'd love to hear about your experience on the drug. I have heard rumors of a trust worthy source in the bay area for such psychotropic indulgences ^__^ Giving all that, I am very cautious of trying anything psychoactive. My mental state is very sensitive to stimuli and typically exhibits non-standard side effects. For instance, when I was on my recent journey of mental health, I was on a very mild anti-depressant called buspirone. It actually made me feel perpetually irate. I had to stop taking it within a week. My psychiatrist was absolutely perplexed by it. I, however, was terrified lol. For this reason(among others), I only microdose until I am comfortable with the substance.

• edited February 23

Interesting that they are researching this , considering that when I was a kid I did LSD and mushrooms regularly . However there was nothing micro about my doses, and I did it for no other purpose than to lose my mind for a few hours .

• of all the things I lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

@pmvines

• @pmvines “It was more fun being 20 in the 70s than 70 in the 20s” very common saying lately by some of us.
    Yes it was recreational, mind expanding some of the best experiences I’ve ever had as an artist for creative visualizing. I would do it again in a heartbeat if it felt safe. But I will not do it because it does not feel safe. I’ve moved past those experiences, but I do have fond memories..
    @lesmis33 I will PM you later because you bring up some things that I’ve had some experience with. I believe I know how you feel.

• edited February 23

@carrieanne yeah drugs in general made me feel like I wasn't in control but hallucinogens , as much as I loved them for a while , did really put me at odds with my need to be in control for sure! After several bad trips , too much of the strong stuff at once , and even an attempt at making my own homemade LSD batch when I was 15 with my friend and his mother leading to me bleeding out my butt because of the chemicals we used , I decided the only trips I needed to take involved a car and perhaps a nice body of water lol. Mushrooms were a cleaner and pretty much safer choice , but I still needed my brain to dry out and be drug free lest my sanity be lost forever .

• @pmvines I’m sorry you had to experience that. You’re lucky that things didn’t go really badly!
    I was always very cautious, only tried anything that a friend had already tried, and did a small dose. I tried everything there was available, but usually just a couple of times and then would move onto the next. As in Mescaline Psilocybin a few types of Acid etc. (I didn’t drink at all, never smoked weed, but ate it a few times in brownies and some great hash). I wanted to try it for the visual experience., so basically only hallucinogens. I never had any regrets either. I was very lucky that nothing went wrong - I never had a bad trip. I did this only during college. Once I graduated, I thought I’m done I’m a grown-up. Lol.

• I think a good microdose 2-4 times a year can be very beneficial for so many things, but our minds, the most. The science behind what psilocybin can do has been interesting to watch progress into a modern time.

Living in Oregon, we have actual facilities you can attend and experience this in a controlled space. I prefer steeping mine into a tea with lots of honey. 🧡

• @KateBee

Gotta say, I love cuddling with someone I trust and know well when I'm on weed or we both are.

Gotta say, the simple pleasures in life are the best.

• @MacLaine Indeed they are! 🙂