The Moody Blues- Your Wildest Dreams

Does anyone find that this song really speaks to them?
I listen to it every once in a while and think about my first love.
i still email her once a year on her birthday and she replies on my birthday 2 days later even though its been 30 years since I saw her in person.
I know its probably strange to still think of someone after that many years but I'm stubborn like that. Even after all this time if she needed me, I'd be there.

Comments

• edited February 22

Does anyone find that this song really speaks to them?

No, but this song is one that speaks to me.

• Elton wrote that after listening to the Moody Blues. True story.

• edited February 22

OK…

Settle down, haters.

“Your Wildest Dreams” is a heartfelt song that recalls a relationship that ended in youth. It’s an ode to youth and innocence.

Recalling youthful liaisons with (sometimes exaggerated) fondness and contemplating how our lives might have turned out if we had made different choices are the basis of many earnest daydreams.

If this isn’t your thing, that’s fine.

But cynicism and sarcasm are out of tune with the original post. And the extent to which your comments take the wind out of the OP’s sails strikes me as a bit mean.

🙉

Folks following along at home may not know that “I think I’m going to Kill myself” (Bernie Taupin and Elton John) was satire when written. Its use here is satirical as well. And, for what it’s worth, it came out more than a decade before YWD.

• edited February 22

And, for what it’s worth, it came out more than a decade before YWD.

What does that have to do with anything? The Moody Blues came out years before Elton John broke. I never referenced the song, the OP, or the OP’s story, only the group. Hardly hating but I will concede the timing is poor and I apologize for that. No need for the overwrought vigilante post though @MonkeyNeedsAHug. A simple that was ill-timed would have sufficed rather than calling people haters. I could care less what people like musically and you are reading way too much into it. I was connecting two posts for the sake of a joke. Hard stop. My crime is making a joke in a melancholy thread. For this, I used poor judgement, but it isn’t hate nor did it warrant an over explanation of a song that was played at every friggin wedding back in the 80s when I was well into my 20s.

@Melancholy I am sorry for the poorly timed joke. It was not directed at you, but I probably should have not said it when I did.

• edited February 22

I remember when that song came out and MTV played it constantly. I didn’t quite get it then being a young college guy, but it certainly resonates now. There was a sequel video, too

• I also apologize for my post made in jest. I meant it as playful banter, but I realize the dissonance my post created by clashing with the tone of the original post.

• edited February 22

Oh, hey…

Thanks for listening. And thanks for helping me to walk back the misunderstanding.

@BoomerSpooner

In current vernacular, “haters” is used informally, to call out folks for being overly negative or critical. I don’t think of you as a person who is hateful or motivated by hate.

Cheers,
    🐵