Dream Journal

edited February 26 in General

I am wondering if anyone else keeps a dream journal. If so, we can share our dreams here. I find trying to articulate what happened in my dream, like putting words to the abstract sensations I was experiencing, is both a difficult and rewarding task. It helps me put visceral context to imperceptible events. Anyway, I digress. I can start.

I was with a woman and we were transversing planes of existence together. On each plane, I could only sense one aspect of her as in I could only hear her or see her. From the context, she could only share one sense with me as well.

One plane was a basketball court where a bunch of people were chanting in harmonic scales. A mixture of chimes and gregorian chant saturated the room with high decibels. It was overbearing, but angelic in nature. I found it oddly soothing and stirring. I asked my invisible trans-dimensional companion if she could hear their chant. Her voice spoke "no." I responded "That's odd. It's deafening. Where are you?"

Then, we were in a plane where sparkles of light fell as if they were snow. Small luminous bulbs wafting serenely around us. I saw her standing there looking up, and we locked eyes for a moment. Then we both turned our heads upwards to bask in the mist of light pouring over us, bathing in the sprinkling twilight dust. She was several feet taller than me at this time and looked down at me with gentle eyes and asked me "can you hear them?" Puzzled, I responded "It's silent." She sighed "That's odd." with a steady look back upwards into the glistening dusk. "It's deafening." I stepped closer and said "Maybe we're separated and just need to find one another."

In an abrupt transition, I was cast into a deep and heavy void. The emptiness was intense and all around me. I was the only presence, idea, soul, and all around me devoid. I then felt a piercing sensation, it was a hand woven tightly around my right ribs. Its fingers laced betwixt my bones in a firm, painfully tangible grip. This hand was the only sensation I had and it was maddening. The sole stimulus of my being. I then felt the invisible hand move up to my shoulder, down my arm, and lace its fingers into mine. It started to part the ethereal and the corporeal, my spirit being exhumed from my body. I eventually awoke, but felt that feeling of a schism between my being for a good while.

Hopefully others can share their dreams too. Don't feel obligated to though. I understand dreams are personal. :)

Comments

• [Deleted User]AttilaH (deleted user)

Great that you shared. I incredibly rarely remember any ... only on rare occasions, like once a year ... they sweet and innocent ones where I am a child.. love them✨️✨️✨️✨️✨️

• Ever had a dream where your head was harvested by aliens and planted in the ground where you slowly turn into winter lettuce to satisfy their insatiable desire for locally grown fresh salad? Lettuce know.

• I used to keep a dream journal... For @AttilaH and others who rarely remember dreams, keeping a dream journal can actually help you retain them better, if you're interested. I don't keep a dream journal currently because I just don't have time and energy to do so, but it can be so very interesting. Also interesting - give your dreams to an AI for interpretation. 😂😂

• I incredibly rarely remember any @AttilaH

I believe it is kind of like a muscle you have to train. I used to have vivid nightmares as a child and learned to lucid dream then. Eventually though, I simply stopped having dreams. I would just blank out, but I would wake up feeling a certain mood. I started writing down those moods immediately after waking up while I was still in a daze. If there were images or music stuck in my head upon waking up, I wrote them down. This forced myself to internalize my dream state more. Eventually, I got back my vivid dreams back but without the nightmares. They have all been very surreal as I got deeper into remembering my subconscious sleep state. I hope this helps!

garden variety pun by @BoomerSpooner

Nice. 😏

• give your dreams to an AI for interpretation. 😂😂 @SnugglyChelle

Have you ever done this before? What was the outcome?

• edited February 27

Have you ever done this before? What was the outcome?

That you are in love with your mother and you must kill your father. Strictly theoretical though.

• edited February 27

That you are in love with your mother and you must kill your father. Strictly theoretical though.

Sounds very Oedipean.

• @lesmis33 I did, and it had insightful parts and also ridiculous parts. :-D I don't think I saved a copy of that conversation, though. I don't remember the specifics, but I do remember the AI encouraged me to use the dream to fuel my creativity. :-P

• Sounds very Oedipean.

Well yes and Freud stole freely from Oedipus Rex for his theories on Dream interpretation.

• @SnugglyChelle ahh the ever helpful absurdity that is the common LLMs and GPTs. Very neat though. I will try it out one of these days.

• @BoomerSpooner My inner scholar of useless trivia wants to subject you to a diatribe about Freud, but I must refrain otherwise I will miss my train to work. :lol:

• @lesmis33 Save your energy. It was an offhand joke, not an endorsement of Freud and the patriarchal system that informed his work.

• Mine usually feature a large staircase, and me running late to board a plane, train, or ship.

• I love this thread Idea, @lesmis33 ! I keep a dream journal of my own, though I fear the dreams are far too long to bore you all with here lol. Most of the time, I dream about going to places that remind me of my young childhood. My dreams have a very nostalgic feel to them 🌠

• I fear the dreams are far too long to bore you all with here lol @BoyoftheFlowers

• edited February 28

@lesmis33 Hahaha okay

I remember being at a big mall and there were a lot of things to do everywhere. This dream mostly consists of me going to multiple different places and doing different things at the different locations in this mall.

One of the first and most prominent places I remember going to was what was essentially an Animal Veterinary Center. The walls were teal tile and if you went in it was almost like a maze. I don't remember why I entered, but I do remember that I was trying to get away from somebody, and I thought that maybe I could make a quick getaway if I went into the vet center. I was hoping that the vet center would have an entrance out the back so that I could leave the mall area but as I ran in there I quickly realized that wasn't the case. I also realized that people were not supposed to be entering this place, the general public was not supposed to be inside this veterinary area. While I was there, I started running and running and eventually I found that this veterinary center was linear, it was just a squiggly line of hallways from the entrance to a dead end and by the time I reached the dead end, the final security camera saw me and I started hearing a voice over a speakerphone saying that there was an unwelcome person in the veterinary center and for security to come get me. I ran out as fast as I could.

I remember coming back to the veterinary center a second time and this time I remember bringing my friend John with me. This time as soon as we entered they knew we were there and they sent security straight after us, but I knew we couldn't just run down the halls because there was no exit at the end, so I told John we needed to hide. He found a hiding area very very quickly, but I couldn't find one as easily so what I ended up doing was ducking and trying to hide under one of the walls there was an opening. When security came, they found me almost immediately. As a matter of fact, the security guard who found me was my big brother, David (dear friend of mine who 'adopted' me as his little bro). He said "What are you doing under there, mijo?" Things got a little fuzzy after this because I don't remember being apprehended, but I do remember after this that John and I were kind of an in a state of being in trouble, but we could leave whenever we wanted. I remember there were a couple of circulation desks with ladies working in them, and I remember that they were tending to a bunch of little dogs. I don't remember where the dogs were, but I remember that John started talking to the ladies in the circulation desks. I remember something about a main lady who had brown hair tied in a ponytail. She told us something and I remember something about a cup I think with pencils in it and a pad with dog pee on it, I think. I believe I came back to this place one more time with my friend Chris if it wasn't the case that he had tagged along when I came back there with John.

I remember going through the mall and finding another place where I kind of wanted to hide. I don't remember why I wanted to hide but I do remember walking around the mall a lot and looking for hiding places. This time I had entered what was kind of like a little gaming place; it was kind of like a bar/arcade. When I went in there I remember it was dark and there were lots of colorful lights and a nice '90s carpet and lots of dance music playing. When I went in there I didn't expect to see anyone I knew but I bumped into Chris with a group of his own friends. He looked at me and he said "Damn, bad ass day off huh?' I think that meant that it was a Monday. I think he was expecting me to be busy and not at a mall having fun. I think in his mind he was explaining to himself that I don't hang out with him on Mondays because I am otherwise busy doing work. I didn't want him to be offended at me so I said let's hang out, but he was busy. He wasn't upset at me or anything though so he went inside to play on the arcades and- oh! I remember he pulled out a big pipe looking gun thing, it looked like it was made out of PVC pipe but black lol.

The next thing I remember was that outside of the mall there was like a market center and they were having a big event out there. At this point I was with David and we were going around together. I remember that there were multiple different little stores that kind of made this place look kind of like it was Disneyland in a sense. One stand I remember going to with David was a big ice cream parlor and they had a lot of different flavors that were very expensive but David said we should have fun and buy something anyway. He bought himself something which I forget the name of but it was basically an ice cream cone with a HUGE plate at the rim holding a whole bunch of scoops on top. There must have been like 30 different ice cream scoops in a bunch of different flavors; they were so many colors!! I believe his ice cream cost about $30. I got myself something similar but on a smaller scale, mine simply had like 16 scoops and they were all stacked in a straight line going up whereas David's 30 scoops were stacked in sort of a pyramid shape which, I don't understand how they balanced on his cone, but they were in a pyramid shape. And actually, when he bought his cone it stopped being on a cone and it started being inside a big glass bowl.

After this, David took off and I didn't know where he went but I decided I was going to go look around and I went to a big art studio where they were having painting lessons. I remember specifically there was this one little girl who was doing really good at making her painting but she was really nervous about it for some reason, she was giving protagonist vibes lol. I found John and I sat down with him and we were making art together for a little while. Then I remember seeing David at the door and I really wanted to be with him as much as possible for this event so I got up and I went to go follow him. I said goodbye to John.

Now we were in a more traditional classroom area which I remember being a little darker because there were no lights turned on, all the light in the area was sunlight coming from the big windows on the front of the building. I remember John being there suddenly and he was sitting in the desk in front of me, we were going to have a presentation, but this girl came up to the front and she started talking, and I remember John going up to the front and he started talking too. They started saying something about something, I don't remember what, but the girl in the front was getting upset and they were starting to make a commotion. I got up and I had something to add to what they had said previously, but I don't remember what they said previously, although I do remember that when I tried to speak up they were trying to talk over me. I didn't want to let them talk over me so I said "Please please please let me say what I need to say." I distinctly remember thinking to myself I should not come off as if I'm shutting them up but rather just plead for a platform to talk, because I accidentally did that to David the other day and I felt really bad about it still. What I had to say was basically that everybody can wear whatever t-shirt or clothes they want, if they want to wear t-shirts with graphics on them or if they want to wear fancy clothes or whatever, that's okay because that is one way that they can express themselves and show people who they are on the inside. People more or less agreed with that statement and we sat down to finally have the class. It was at this point that I remember David coming in and sitting in the back so I went to the back to go sit with him.

• I have a dream journal 😋 3 working on my 4th one right now.

• Yeppa, here 'tis the thread!

https://www.cuddlecomfort.com/forum/discussion/13831/last-night-i-dreamt/p1

~ Sunset Snuggles

🦄 Enthusiast 🏞 Travel Fiend 🐘 Animal Lover

• edited February 28

@BoyoftheFlowers
    Oh man! That was one heck of a roller coaster! From hiding in the mall to massive pyramids of ice cream(my favorite part for what it's worth) into a controversy in the classroom! Your dreams definitely resemble more of a stream of (sub)consciousness than mine. I never slept well though. Do you always remember the different parts and how they transition or is your conscious brain filling in the gaps?

Thanks for sharing!!

@lil_Majestic awesome! Would you like to share a dream with us? I know I would love to hear one :)

@SunsetSnuggles I haven't forgotten about you! I am reading the thread now!
    ETA: Looks like your dream was little frisky lmao. Thanks for sharing! Do you have any more recent dreams you'd like to share?

• dreams you'd like to share?

So Stevie Nicks is on Cuddle Comfort. Hmmm. And I know a cuddler named Sara in the area.

• @lesmis33 I haven't been dreaming much, of late, though I had a lengthy one, the other night...sadly, it all slipped away, when I woke up!

~ Sunset Snuggles

🦄 Enthusiast 🏞 Travel Fiend 🐘 Animal Lover

• it all slipped away, when I woke up! @SunsetSnuggles

Doh! I hate it when that happens :(

• @lesmis33 Hahaha yeah, and it felt like it took hours lol! Though I don't remember every dream I have, when I do remember them, they are extremely detailed haha. Dreams are very vivid for me.

Your dream was very mystical and ethereal!! It felt like something out of an urban fantasy novel lol. Do you tend to have dreams like that often?

• edited February 29

Your dream was very mystical and ethereal!! It felt like something out of an urban fantasy novel lol. Do you tend to have dreams like that often? - @BoyoftheFlowers

Sadly, not always. My dreams of late have been very visceral though. I can feel all 5 sensations during them which is a new development. Scent is the weirdest dream sensation because it is like feeling a sneeze coming on but your nose isn't attached to your body.

My most recent dream was a very angry dream that I had to collect myself over. I did not enjoy it lol. In general, my dreams have some very strong emotion attached to them. Most of the time it is shame or fear. I have a lot of chase dreams.

The dream I shared was a unique one that I immediately wrote down. I had the unshakable desire to talk about it as some sort of boast. I am obnoxiously proud about it lol. After I finished writing it down, I contemplated it for a good while. I still have no idea what it all means so I think my subconscious was just being esoteric to flex lol.

P.S. I enjoy your rhetoric and measure. It has a fun whimsy to it that goes well with your persona :)