I just lost 2 karmas :(

edited February 27 in General

So I was very disappointed to see my karmas drop from 10 to 8 in just this last week!

One was from a pro that was banned (which was a total surprise to me as my session with her was wonderful on all fronts). I don’t know the deets on what transpired with someone else, and they’re not germane here - but my point is that it’s unfortunate and I dare say a bit unfair that I have lose a 2 month old beautifully written karma just because she’s off the site. I don’t know why that is but I hope they change that.

The other was from a fellow enthusiast that also left me a really nice one a month ago that just deleted her account, and in the process didn’t know to not delete the karmas along with it. (You can delete your account and your karmas can remain). Can’t do anything about that one either.

I know that these are first world problems and not worth losing sleep over, but my karmas are very important to me, as I’m sure yours are to you.

It’s NOT about ego. Karmas are symbolic of good standing, credibility, mutually gratifying experiences, and I surmise most of all - TRUSTWORTHINESS……

In the end, we can all say whatever the heck we want about ourselves, but what others have to say about their experiences with us is even more important IMO, so I was just bummed to see those 2 bite the dust…

I guess I’ll need to cuddle even more…..

Comments

• I am sorry for your loss. Though I don't fully grasp the direness you are expressing, I can see it really bothers you. I can also understand, given the nature of our little corner of the internet here, why losing karma could feel like a major setback.

You are a long standing member though which I think speaks volumes as most people I see here don't last a month whether it be inappropriateness or being fed up. Many regular posters appear to trust and value your opinion as well. So, the fact you are still and known to be in good standing with the community might provide a bit of solace.

I realize I might not be helping, but I am trying.... If you come over now, I can give you one of my non-dairy ice cream pints. I have vanilla cherry and dark chocolate fudge...... Actually, I only have dark chocolate fudge.

• edited February 26

@lesmis33 Hey man THANK YOU so much for that really great response! I really appreciate everything you said. I honestly do!

The only thing I differ on is that I did not express direness. As I mentioned in the post “it was a first world problem and not worth losing sleep over” so I think I kept it all in perspective. It was just a simple share.
    :)

But I DO like the offer of ice cream!!

• edited February 26

@WestsideMarc That is too bad; I'm sorry to read that you lost karma, and, yes, I can see where it would be a major loss since as you say it indicates trust and makes it more likely enthusiast women will cuddle with you.

I know if I were looking to cuddle with men through here as an enthusiast, I'd definitely be looking at karma. So I get it.

Anyway ... condolences. As you say, "first world problem," but still ...

-- Kate

• I apologize for overstating your lament. Direness wasn't the right word. I have been struggling to find proper words for accurate levels of emotions as of late.

As for the ice cream, you better act quick because I am half way through my cherry vanilla pint! :yum:

• I’ve tried to mention multiple times that the site needs to change how karma is dealt with after people are banned. They could easily have it say “deleted cuddler” when someone is banned. But they don’t do it and it’s kinda unfair. If the karma says deleted cuddler after someone is banned, no one would know if that karma was left by someone that was banned. I’ve been mentioning this all the time and it falls on deaf ears. I would actually be at almost 160 karma (that I worked very hard to get!)

• @WestsideMarc Yup. Same thing happened to me over the past two weeks. I lost three karmas and I know that while the site must uphold the rules and be consistent in dispensing cuddle Justice, it does punish the innocent in how it does it. As @Sheena123 memtioned, calling it “deleted cuddler” is a pretty simple fix that doesn’t undermine the purpose of a ban or the integrity of the site.

• Happened with me too 🙄

• Good morning you cuddly peeps! 😊

Karma is such an interesting thing. There have been so many discussions around it as all of you know (if you've been here for a minute) with a lot of different prospective fixes.

I think there is a option which would leave it up to the viewer to decide.

Leave the karma no matter what, but show it as "deleted" or "banned" as is applicable.

While I can relate that its tough to lose something that was beautifully written about you (in this case, you @WestsideMarc ) it gives a more accurate picture of the karma given.

This is of course , just my opinion, and just from my perspective, but FOR ME.... if someone got banned because they went against the integrity of the site, it calls into question the integrity of the karma.

I don't want you to take this the wrong way, (your voice in the forums speaks for itself, and if people are active in the forums they "write their own karma" as they say) but if I knew that banned karma was just called "deleted" I wouldn't consider it OR THE DELETED Profiles on anyone's karma. Which would make the loss doubly painful.

Of course.... just because someone says we are a beautiful human doesn't mean it is or isn't true and the same goes for everyone on the site. I'm pretty sure you are confident enough to know your own worth. Like you said.... "First world problems."

I also imagine that there are lovely people who think you are delightful but never left any kind words. I suppose its just a broken system like a lot of other things that won't get attention because its not a high enough priority.

But here are some gold stars for you since I can't leave you ANY karma until we meet at the elusive LA Meet & Greet!!

• @WestsideMarc Just an idea, maybe snap a pic of all your karmas. Then if one is deleted, you could add it to your pics.

• I understand your frustration -- losing 20% of your karma is a bummer!!

Having said that, I understand why karma from banned cuddlers is deleted. People get banned from the site because they broke the rules -- maybe engaged in behaviors against the code of conduct, or whatever. This might sound harsh -- but how can their karma really be trusted? CC is a community based on trust, and once that trust is broken by a cuddler, I think any karma left by that person is suspect as well. It might be completely untrue.

(Not at all saying that is what happened in your case, @WestsideMarc. But as an overall policy, I think this is the right one.)

• I’ve probably lost 4 or 5 karmas. There’s still some from deactivated or deleted accounts though

• @WiserGuy3000 Trust has nothing to do with the karma as trust is only given power by the person that reads it. In other words, ten people can read a karma and come away with ten interpretations of trust. Some may completely trust the karma, some may trust some of it, and some may reject the karma outright. There are some people who openly state they do not believe any karma written by a pro because they are writing it to keep a client. I know why one of the cuddlers was banned and it was nothing sexual or trying to evade paying the site’s cut. I found it to be rather innocuous but I could also understand why the site might take a stand against the reason she was banned.

I think we should actually leave it up to the person who received the karma if we are talking solutions. Notify them that the person was banned and offer them to accept or reject the existing karma. If they accept maybe have a red B on the karma for banned so as @sillysassy stated, we clearly know if it was a ban versus a deletion. That seems fair and takes the onus off the site to make those decisions and absolves them from criticism over erasing the karma or keeping it.

• I really hope they don’t go with the red B because then it would look like I cuddled with a bunch of well you know 🐝😂
    And it would take the whole scarlet letter thing to a whole other level Don’t really need that. Let the banned cuddlers be banned in peace

• edited February 27

Let the banned cuddlers be banned in peace

They would be in peace because you are not putting their name on it. It would just be a descriptor to anyone reading the karma that whoever wrote this is now banned. No one will ever know who it is. It is only a scarlet letter of negativity if the person is known to the community and has their name attached to it as Hawthorne’s heroine did. In the situation described here you would have no name attached.

• We do have plans to retain karma from banned members, as it is frustrating to lose that well earned karma simply because someone was banned. The karma is currently hidden, not lost - so when it's implemented you can add previous missing karma back onto your profile. How this is implemented is still being drafted, e.g. whether it's a universal feature or opt-in, leaning more towards it being opt-in at the moment.

• edited February 27

Thanks @Gary!

• That's encouraging to know, Gary!

I like @BoomerSpooner 's suggestion on letting the user decide whether to keep it or not, though I could see how that might be difficult to implement.

• It's really frustrating to loose hard earned karma reviews. I lost tracked how many reviews I've lost, probably at least a dozen gone 😞. I would have a lot more karma reviews. Gary that would be great 👍 once it's implemented.

• I havent looked at my karma in a good while so not sure that I have lost any in recent months but have lost some before due to the person being banned . I was surprised at first , but it didn't really bother me. But I can see why it might make someone upset .

• @WestsideMarc posted: "Karmas are symbolic of good standing, credibility, mutually gratifying experiences, and I surmise most of all - TRUSTWORTHINESS……"

All of this is likely why the site initially decided to hide Karma from banned members...it's not exactly a neon sign of trustworthiness to be associated with banned members. Obviously we know that people can be banned for many reasons, but most often people assume a ban is for sexual misconduct, so being associated with that person could potentially make those reading your Karma wonder if you are also misconducting yourself. Again, the person could have been banned for talking about politics, failing to update their payment info, or something entirely benign, but newbies to the site surely don't know that. I'm happy that the site will be giving us the choice to pick and choose, in the future.

~ Sunset Snuggles

🦄 Enthusiast 🏞 Travel Fiend 🐘 Animal Lover

• edited February 28

Holy smokes everyone, after posting this late last night I woke up to a cornucopia of REALLY great responses. No joke…… (And thank you for giving me a legitimate reason to use the word cornucopia. I can’t really do that in everyday life).

Although the conversation may continue, I just wanted to chime back in and thank everyone for so many truly thoughtful, constructive and positive contributions - too many to even address individually.

**** @Gary Thank you for sharing that pending feature. That sounds like a great fix!!! ****

• @BoomerSpooner I'm with you. If karma left by banned cuddlers was allowed to remain, but with some sort of indicator on it, that would be good enough for me.

I don't personally think that karma from banned members should be left, unmarked as such, alongside karma from active members or members who chose to delete their accounts. If people were kicked off the platform, there's a reason for it, and in general that would make their karma less valuable to me.

• @Gary Yes, thank you!

• I lost two as well. One was banned, the other deleted all of the Karma he left for every pro he saw for personal reasons. It made me sad, but I screenshot all of my Karmas for my collection, so at least I get to keep them for myself. 🙃

• @PixiePassions yea, I have a book where I write each one down when I receive one cuz sometimes I get really sad, I think I’m useless or nothing good in the world. When I read them, it does help me to think more positively. Writing them down is also how I know I could have been over 160 karma if I could have kept ones that get taken off 😑

• edited February 28

@Sheena123 It saddened me to read your thoughts on your self image.

I didn’t read your profile. I didn’t need to. I just looked at all of those 5 star reviews and that was all I needed to see that it is patently obvious what a wonderful affect you’ve had on so many peoples’ lives here. So dig on this if you will:

HOW MANY PEOPLE IN THIS WORLD HAVE ONE HUNDRED AND SIXTY REAL LIFE DOCUMENTED TESTIMONIALS ON HOW WONDERFUL THEY ARE?

Having said that (and I think I speak for everyone here) it’s high time you give yourself a hall pass, dismiss these dark thoughts, and acknowledge your own light. You got a lot of people that see it. Time for you to as well…..

• @WestsideMarc i really appreciate that 🥲 thank you so much. I need to work on my self confidence 🤗🤗 baby steps!!

• @Sheena123 I was going to say something about everyone having worth, but then I looked at your profile and I saw your lovely personality shining through, and as I kept reading I found myself thinking, "There is a woman who I'm sure has positively and continues to positively touch a lot of people's lives."

But I get it. A lot of us women (and men too I'm sure!) have problems with our self worth. I know I do sometimes too. But I'm glad that it isn't holding you back from doing what you love and what you are good at.

Keep going!

Kate

• screenshot all of my Karmas

I've seen profiles where screenshots of Karma were in the profile's Photo section. I assume those Karma were from banned members.

This seems like a good work around.

Is there any rule against doing this? If the Karma name and pic is blotted out, shouldn't that be okay?