Lots of Reviews

Can someone with close to 300 reviews be real?

Β«1

Comments

• edited February 27

A lot more real than someone with one review from a friend they asked to pretend to be someone who didn't know them and give them a glowing review. Yup. It would be a bit easy to fake one or two Karma's, but 300 is impossible.

~ Sunset Snuggles

πŸ¦„ Enthusiast 🏞 Travel Fiend 🐘 Animal Lover

• edited February 27

@SunsetSnuggles NO LIE!!! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

@Sheena123 has 159.

SUPER REAL

and these two… LOTS!! Even minus the banned and deleted people that another thread mentioned.

And…

And if you are talking about @MissAdventurous then ABSO-FREAKING-LUTELY because she is a FABULOUS HUMAN.

But I suppose it might be odd to think of the people that have been here for a LOT OF YEARS who still love the platonic snuggle.

• And @19651492 WELCOME TO THE SITE 😊

• edited February 27

My Karmas were reset to zero after I hit 999. I wonder if someone can look into that.

• edited February 27

I’ve been laughing about this on and off for most of the day…. So many people start threads discussing if there isn’t any karma or if it’s shady….

But never in the 1000’s of pages of threads have I ever seen anyone wonder if a large number of karma begs the question of whether or not a user is real.

It absolutely shows that karma means a LOT of different things to a lot of different people.

I was also thinking about the people that don’t care about the longevity of the connection and only focus on the initial relating so they can make sure and β€œGet some good karma”

I think those people who focus so much on the numbers can create this feeling of mistrust as well.

I have often heard a term used to negatively describe these people (but I will not subject your sensitive ears to the nickname for that kind of trophy seeker)

• I was also thinking about the people that don’t care about the longevity of the connection and only focus on the initial relating so they can make sure and β€œGet some good karma”

I find using blackmail ensures you will receive top notch karma.

• edited February 27

There are some people who are obsessed with karma like it's a status symbol . Like clout chasing . It's a numbers game to them , and it's almost like they seek out as many people as they can just to stack karma and even have this idea that having karma from certain more popular people holds them up to a certain club kind of status . It's kinda weird really. I'm much more interested in a genuine connection than another karma added to my Rolodex . It ends up seeming like a popularity contest sometimes.

• I find losing karmas is like aging in reverse, so yes it is a numbers game. I am 38 now.

• @Sooson

My Karmas were reset to zero after I hit 999. I wonder if someone can look into that.

That's because your profile wasn't Y2K ready.

• @19651492 Yes, as previously mentioned the awesome @MissAdventurous has 339 karmas! I have 108 karmas currently! We are both real people πŸ’― and have met many times before!

• Yes and I was totally going to mention @MissAdventurous whom know to be %100 real and %200 amazing πŸ€ͺπŸ’–

• @sillysassy - When I had a session with @happybear it felt like I was cuddling a minor celebrity! Lol! (Or like a Cuddle Comfort celebrity.) He earned that Karma though, that's for sure! Top notch cuddler, sweetheart, and gentleman.

• @Nature_Lover_ Facts πŸ’―πŸ˜πŸŽ‰

• @Sooson I'm dying! πŸ’€ πŸ’€ πŸ’€

• @pmvines Spot on.

~ Sunset Snuggles

• Man, I don't even know if I'm real let alone another profile, karma or not.

• @pmvines said, "There are some people who are obsessed with karma like it's a status symbol ..."

I can see how that could be a thing for some people. If it helps them feel better about themselves, cool as far as I'm concerned, but I can see that this could be bad for someone's self image, etc. too or as you say, become a "popularity contest" or whatever instead of being an indicator that people trust you or that you've made authentic connections.

• I can see how someone can get to karma chasing, but I just really enjoy leaving karma. As an enthusiast, I do want a way of letting others know I felt safe and had a good cuddly time, especially after spending a long time vetting someone and putting effort into building a connection. Transparency about our experiences within the community only serve to strengthen it. When I get connected to other local women enthusiasts, it’s been a good conversation starter and generally how I feel we keep ourselves safe.

• @cudbud64 YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

(And I LOVE those new glasses.... πŸŒΊπŸ’—πŸ’–πŸŒΈπŸ’•)

• @cudbud64 100%. I'm not afraid to leave less than five stars or be honest if someone needed, shall we say, "redirection". I've had too many girls PM me saying, "I saw your Karma and knew if you trusted them, I could see this person" to be anything less than honest in what I write. Karma isn't all that matters, by any means, but it 100% matters if people are putting themselves in someone's hands based on what we say.

~ Sunset Snuggles

• @pmvines I've been at the butt end of the "cult of karmas" more than a few times...sometimes from some those members with massive numbers of positive karma, which just further reinforces my belief that the system is fataly flawed and not worth me stressing over.

People seem to forget that this isn't the only cuddle platform, it's only a small slice of the cuddle-verse. I have a single karma from a repeat client/friend, but never ask for it so do not have karma from every person I've cuddled here. I also am not about to ask people I've met on other platforms to sign up just to give me a review. I have a few people willing to vet me and provide references when requested, and that's worked fine for me. Maybe eventually I'll finish setting up my personal site and have all my reviews there, it's just been low on the priority list.

Because so many women cuddlers here (erroneously) use karma as a badge of safety, I've been cautious about handing out karma or vetting people I've met as well. Usually the most "successful" abusers are charming and have a crowd of loyal friends who will defend them in the event their victims ever come forward. Just because someone behaved well with you doesn't mean they did with someone else. So many cuddlers just abstain from giving lukewarm or negative reviews that the karma system is heavily weighted towards the positive rather than an actually accurate rating.

• edited February 28

@cuddlefaery As someone who is pretty new on here, that is good to know, thank you, and I'll keep your observations in mind.

• edited February 28

Multiple karma doesn't necessarily mean the person is always swell. If you have enough disposable income you can essentially buy a bunch of karma . Though to get good karma and not be reported one would assume the person is at least a halfway decent human. And usually they are . However , unfortunately as we all know based on the other multiple thread discussions on said topic, many pros won't give bad karma due to fear of retaliation.

There are a pretty decent sized handful of men on here (y'all know who y'all is and shame on y'all ) who seem to find nothing wrong with sending inappropriate messages , pics , and vids (yes it happens all the time and yes I've seen proof) , as well as thinking nothing of inappropriate touching and trying to pressure pros to be their girlfriends and FWB . Yet, they still seem to have decent amount of karma (not gonna speak on actual quality and enthusiasm of said karma) .

So definitely seeing someone with good karma from multiple people is promising and is a decent way to gauge whether they might be worth your time and effort , just don't let that be your only litmus test . This is a platonic cuddle site so we want to assume that we all have halfway good intentions , but there are also some real slime balls among us .

• I only cuddle pros on this website so what I say only refers to them. I used to not be interested in cuddling with pros who had dozens of karma. I figured they were battle worn and just going through the motions to earn as much as possible. Well I found out I was wrong when I recently saw a cuddler who traveled to my area who had almost a hundred reviews. She was easily one of the top three professionals I ever cuddled. I'm glad she only travels to my area occasionally because if she was local I'd go broke 😊

• @cuddlefaery posted: "abusers are charming and have a crowd of loyal friends who will defend them in the event their victims ever come forward."

Yup. Heh. Even "leaders" in the community who are certified on boundaries and consent, teach workshops, and claim to be experts in communication.

@cuddlefaery posted: "So many cuddlers just abstain from giving lukewarm or negative reviews that the karma system is heavily weighted towards the positive rather than an actually accurate rating."

Indeed. This is why I leave honest Karma and an honest number of stars, whether it pisses people off, or not. If it could have been better, or if something was amiss, I'm going to reflect that, or report as necessary.

@cuddlefaery posted: "Because so many women cuddlers here (erroneously) use karma as a badge of safety, I've been cautious about handing out karma or vetting people I've met as well."

Right, it's nerve-racking when girls tell me they're taking my Karma as a sign someone is a good person. Always important to tell them that it was only my experience with them. If I've met someone once, I sure as heck cannot vouch for them as a human being as a whole, and no one can guarantee another person's actions. Sometimes it takes half a dozen times before the manipulation and sexual harassment crawls out of the woodwork.

~ Sunset Snuggles

• Another observation on karma and its fallibility:
    I have discovered (and reported) multiple fake karma groups that all join at the same time and give each other karma. I have no idea if they're real people trying to game the system or completely fake accounts created by one person - the end result is the same. Be heavily suspicious if you see a brand new user with several 5 star karma, especially if the wording on them all looks similar or if the same 3-5 people are giving each other karma as new users but have little or no other reviews outside their group.

Note that this all is NOT to poo-poo those folks who truly have earned their karma no matter how many. If the shoe doesn't fit, rest assured it's not about you.

• Yup. Heh. Even "leaders" in the community who are certified on boundaries and consent, teach workshops, and claim to be experts in communication.

@SunsetSnuggles exactly.

The worst assault I've survived was at the hands of someone who attended local trauma survivors groups and was seen as a "safe" ally and fellow victim. He talked the talk very well, but it ended up he had been preying upon these groups for years. I ignored all the subtle red flags and even a warning from one of his past victims because he'd built his mask so well. The dude ended up having an entire Tumblr dedicated to tracking all his aliases and abuses πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™€οΈ It was well over 100 by the time I learned of it, which is sickening. It definitely taught me the hard way how to trust my gut instincts and stop ignoring red flag actions no matter how prettily their words were dressed up.