If you guys could travel anywhere, where would it be?

Just asking a casual question to get to know people :)

Personally, I would pick Venice.

Comments

• I really enjoy being home . No place like it .

• edited February 29

Subject to individual circumstances, we can go anywhere. The average monthly salary in the USA is $6k. You can get a round the world ticket for a lot less than that. I was talking to a client the other day and he's been to the South Pole. It has an airport you know, the South Pole (NZSP).

Venice is amazing, well worth a visit.

My dream destination is Point Nemo. It doesn't have an airport.

• @CuddleDuncan - In Q4 of 2023, the average monthly salary was actually around $5k per month. That number only references salary though, and doesn't include the numbers for people who make an hourly rate, do gig work, are independent contractors or sole proprietors, etc.

Subject to individual circumstances, any one of us can start a religion in a submarine with a governing body of dreadlocked shi tzus. Or yeah, I guess we could all buy a plane ticket around the world.

I wanna go everywhere. But I'll settle for being near people who love me.

• I just grabbed a salary number from Google. The cheapest round the world ticket is about $1,500.

• @CuddleDuncan Y'know, if it's just a matter of saving money for a plane ticket, then it would be really cool to fly to the South Pole just to say that I'd been there.

• Well, at 3am EST flights from BWI to Iceland were $98 non stop. It's now up to $230 round-trip. So I'm thinking Iceland is where I'm going first 😏

• Baltimore.

Then Iceland, I hope. 🤞🏾

• edited February 29

An unusual destination could be Hell , Michigan. One could travel there and when they got home they can confidently say “I’ve been to Hell and back ! “

• @meliramirez Venice was/is awesome, I definitely recommend (though not during a summer in 40C heat wave wearing a skirt 😅)

My travel bucket list is as long as my arm. I was privileged enough as a child and young adult to travel to Western/Northern Europe fairly frequently as well as back and forth across the U.S. Getting away from one's comfort zone, especially to places that don't speak the same language, can be terrifying but oh-so worth it. Solo travel, especially as a woman, is also a big learning experience, especially if one is more introverted.

I really want to get to the Southern hemisphere and further east (Asia, Oceania, etc.), but I'm limited by my health these days so I may have to be more cautious in picking locales. Iceland is another I haven't been to yet, nor Hawaii.

• I want to visit all the states in the USA. Any major natural attraction like grand canyon, or Yosemite or Utah would be cool.

• Through time, and to other dimensions. You did say anywhere…