Why can one person in the relationship cuddle

And the other person isn't allowed? As in a couple? It's ok for one but not the other?

Comments

• Sounds like a double-standard. Many couples would not like the other cuddling. Sounds like a discussion is needed with the other half of the couple.

• We spoke and now both aren't cuddling. Yes as in a couple

• I don't exactly understand what you are asking but couples negotiate their own boundaries.

• Every dynamic is different and what works for one doesn’t always work for the other. Doesn’t make anyone right or wrong. Just sounds like a good open and honest conversation needs to be had. 🤗

• If someone wants to cuddle other people but won't let their partner cuddle other people, I smell couples counseling in their future. As @CuddleHugs01234 said - double standard.

That said, my boyfriend supports me being in the cuddle world, but has no desire to cuddle others, himself. He chooses not to; but if he wanted to, it would be ridiculously hypocritical and unfair of me to try to tell him he shouldn't.

~ Sunset Snuggles

🦄 Enthusiast 🏞 Travel Fiend 🐘 Animal Lover

• 7:33PM:

And the other person isn't allowed? As in a couple? It's ok for one but not the other?

7:44PM:

We spoke and now both aren't cuddling.

That was faster than a Dr. Phil episode.

• edited March 2

Compatability.

One person may want to cuddle while the other does not. If both of them are cool with the cuddler getting their cuddle needs met outside the relationship, then both people may find a deeper sense of compatibility when that pressure is lifted.

The idea of it not being "allowed" or anything not being allowed sounds like groundwork for incompatibility, unless both parties are in agreement about what's not allowed and why.

• @TxTom - 🤣🤣🤣

On point as usual.

• LOL 😂 Good catch @TxTom !

Now I really need more context about this question they're asking! And how things were discussed so quickly!🤔

• Sounds like you have a more specific context you’re trying to ask about, but not sharing information on.

• No idea the context. But could be conflicting needs, could be controlling, could be a reason. I dated someone for a while and there was a known double standard we discussed. She had an extensive history of cheating, I have never cheated. She never had male friends she didn't have sex with. I have a lot of female friends, and my hobby is urban exploration so I've even gone away with those friends. It's sometimes been just the two of us, once it was even a shared bed.

The double standard isn't why it ended. But, it always felt like a ticking time bomb. But it was also justified given our individual histories.

• 1st world problem...lol

• edited March 6

@I_Am_Not_A_Cat I would never get with a woman who has a history of cheating

• [Deleted User]01001000P (deleted user)

@BMS821 seconded