How did a harassing client leave me a fake negative review even though he never sent me booking??

This harassing client left me a fake negative review claiming I didn’t show up to a cuddling session, I think he has control issues or sever mental issues, he has no karma nor friends on his profile so I think he’s just lurking around trying to harass ladies and never actually book sessions. But kinda upset that the software on this website allows someone who never saw me to be able to leave me bad karma! Not to mention that I blocked him hours before he left that bad karma and reported him but obviously he was still able to access my profile!!! That’s very concerning to know that anyone can write anything and the algorithm here or the mods will allow that to happen, not to mention that they obviously don’t take reports seriously and don’t even do two-way blocking.

Comments

• edited March 11

The mod that handled it seemed to have taken care of it really quickly and issued the person a warning, and it looks like the karma was removed before you made this post. I feel like a broken record here at this point, but us mods are not paid employees. We are volunteers from the community that handle these reports.

• edited March 11

People can leave karma after exchanging a few messages. I think it’s because enthusiasts don’t book sessions with other enthusiasts so we don’t know if they met or not. Pros don’t have special rules on their accounts to prevent karma from being left, but that would be nice, unless I am missing some obvious flaw in that.

Edit: How that person left negative karma for you despite being blocked is odd though. I don’t think they should be able to do that so I’ll have to ask the admins about that.

• @LilyTherapy I think you’re going a little too hard on the mods. First of all, it’s a volunteer gig. Secondly, they do take reports seriously. Thirdly, you can’t really say they allowed it to happen, it’s just the way the site works but as @CharlieBear said, the situation was handled and the karma was removed.

• Ok, so a pro/client that has been blocked can still leave karma since it could be abused otherwise, since one could block the other after a bad session to avoid getting negative karma left on their account.

• @LilyTherapy This would have been better sent as a message to the site mods rather than posted on the message board. In any case, I'm glad the mods took care of it for you; they are awesome like that.

You posted: "he has no karma nor friends on his profile so I think he’s just lurking around trying to harass ladies and never actually book sessions"

Lack of Karma does not a harasser, make. I'm sorry that it seems he harassed you, but I just wanted to point out that we all start with zero Karma, zero friends, etc. It is not a red flag, in and of itself.

"kinda upset that the software on this website allows someone who never saw me to be able to leave me bad karma!"

The site allows anyone who has exchanged a handful of messages to leave Karma - they have no way of confirming who has or hasn't met in person - if it is abused, that's what reporting is for, and your report about this worked just as it should have. This method is useful so people who are no-shows can be left accurate Karma. In many cases, it causes the opposite issue - people will meet organically at group cuddles and want to leave each other Karma, but they can't until they exchange needless messages on the site, which is kind of funny. Another hole, here, is that people who have never met can leave each other positive Karma, just because they message back and forth, which goes against the rules of the site.

"I blocked him hours before he left that bad karma and reported him but obviously he was still able to access my profile!!!"

Blocking and reporting does not stop anyone from leaving Karma. It does not mean they can access your profile in any way. Karma can be left at any time by someone who has exchanged a handful of messages with you. Imagine if an abuser blocked everyone they accosted, and those victims couldn't leave accurate Karma; that's why this system is in place. But rest assured, when you block someone, it is instant.

"they obviously don’t take reports seriously"

There are amazing mods here like @CharlieBear who absolutely take reports seriously. It looks as if yours was taken care of before this thread could even be addressed. I'm glad they were on the ball and took care of everything for you. They do a wonderful job, as volunteers, and I appreciate them a ton for all they do!

~ Sunset Snuggles

🦄 Enthusiast 🏞 Travel Fiend 🐘 Animal Lover