No shows

New to this...if client pulls a no show without canceling,do we really still owe the fee?

Comments

• Welcome. I don't think so. I think there's some admin stuff you have to do to alert the website. You can check w the pro forum too.

https://www.cuddlecomfort.com/forum/categories/professional-cuddling

Best of luck !

• edited March 17

No, you don't. But you do have to do the admin to make that happen.

Consider leaving Karma for the client, and/or Reporting them. This is the only circumstance in which Karma may be written for somebody you have not met. It's usually best to stick to the facts. Karma should always be true, fair and polite.

Occasionally it is genuine. In another context I was once annoyed by a no show. Double annoyed because I was slightly late myself, having been delayed by an ambulance. Yep, sure enough it turned out the person I was meeting was unconscious in that ambulance.

• No, you don't have to pay the fee just cancel and write the reason. If it's already past start time, go to the calendar and past -- you can hit cancel there.

• This is an interesting question. I haven’t looked in awhile but I think the rules were something like a client owes half the fee if they cancel within a certain amount of time. So if a client actually pays half the fee, does the pro still owe their 15% from half the fee?

• @Morpheus that sounds right to me. Although my understanding is that it's so rare for a missing client to pay the half, that the question doesn't really arise.

• @Morpheus The site does not take a cut of the cancelation fee but good luck ever collecting one. In my almost 6 years of being here I have only had 2 pay up.

• In my almost 6 years of being here I have only had 2 pay up.

There's no shortage of bipedal sphincters living amongst us, to be sure.