Any Body here from Denver?

On November 15 Im going to see Tiesto in concert in Red Rocks.

Itll my first time going to Colorado plus im going Solo.

My question. Me been in a budget...

Esiest way ( bus or Lightrail)
From Airport to Hotel
Hotel to Redrocks.

Ans thats hoping theres still be public transportation after the concert.
I also be looking at Cheapest hotel.

If any one can help. Plz. Thnk you

Comments

• edited March 18

Reported and reviewed. Removing comment. [CharlieBear]

• @Infinitum
    Thats one of the things i was thinking. Not get a hotel in a bad place. Im aware that people are going to know im not from there.

• I’m from Colorado but now in TN.

Once you’re at the airport, you’ll have to find a RTD ticket machine. You’ll be able to buy a pass that last you all day. Which will work on both light rail and transit RTD buses. Buy ones that will fit your budget. Alternatively, you can download the RTD app and purchase off there and saves them under the app. But the app sucks (last time I used it in 2021) so Use google maps to route everything, times and coordinates are 98% accurate.

• I'm north of Denver (and before this, lived south of Denver), so I can't give you any advice about how to get around....but wanted to say hi and I hope you have a good time on your adventure out here!!
    Going to a concert at Red rocks is an experience you'll never forget! I haven't been to one there in awhile, but I definitely remember the ones I was able to get to 😜

Good luck and have a great time 😎😁

• Red Rocks is in Golden and DIA is Green Valley Ranch. Dress warm. If you are here for 1night only you could easily do it for under $100 or less if you eat and drink.

• @Chris04 I’m not from Denver but so travel a lot, looks like there are some good tips so far on the RTD bus thing and dressing warm. You can try to take the bus as far it can to Red ROCK (probably Lakewood)and hiking the rest of the way .. or Uber or taxi part of the way of the hike is too long

Most hotels near the airport offer a free shuttle service

One other option is you can just rent a car and skip the hotel and sleep in the car if you have some way of keeping warm at night, Denver can get cold (and if you know where you can legally do this)

Try to see if you can reach out to other people also going to the concert and seeing if you can rideshare or something

Good luck!

• I'm originally from Colorado, though currently living in Wyoming, but am visiting Denver, as we speak! If you need any advice on car camping per @sunnysideup's suggestion, feel free to ask me anything, or PM; urban stealth camping is a passion of mine.

Will write more, later - super busy on this trip!!

~ Sunset Snuggles

🦄 Enthusiast 🏞 Travel Fiend 🐘 Animal Lover

• Yes there are bodies there

• @pmvines

~ Sunset Snuggles

🦄 Enthusiast 🏞 Travel Fiend 🐘 Animal Lover

• edited March 20

@Chris04 NOVEMBER in Denver is delightful and like lots of people have said it can be very chilly.

EDIT: Forgot to say there’s helpful COLORADO info in these threads too.

https://www.cuddlecomfort.com/forum/discussion/16327/️-colorado-meet-greet-june-17-2023/p1

https://www.cuddlecomfort.com/forum/discussion/19530/springtime-in-the-rockies-sat-april-27th-2024/p1

I have lived in Denver all my life. I don’t like to disagree with anyone…

BUT

I can’t imagine being able to keep your visit under $100 with housing and food AND transportation.

It’s become a really expensive city in the last 5 years after Covid. It’s not California/NY expensive but it’s not far from it.

Here’s some RTD info and that will be much cheaper than Ubers

BUT

You will be in and out of the cold weather waiting for buses and rails so you have to factor that in.

https://www.rtd-denver.com/routes-services/rail
    There’s a lot of good info here about transportation around the city. ☀️🌼💛
    Happy First Day of SPRING!!!

• I am a hit man as a side hustle and I have only had one body from Denver.

• May bad for doing math and reading words.... But you stay at a number of motels for under $60, catch a lyft for $30 and eat for $20 all in one day and night if you are here just for the concert and then leaving.
    Public transport to the room and back for $20. My bad Bro should have said around a $100 or under $150 or closer to the lower side of $130 or maybe a bag full of nickels, a sock full of quarters and all your grannies $2 bills. Whenever someone says cheapest I figured they meant cheapest.
    Either which way there are options that wont break the bank. Get you from A-B-C and back intact and not broke flat.
    Do your research because all opinions are like.... Well you know...

• @Chris04 you should 100% stick with @ScroogeMcducky he has ALL the tips and tricks! Hope you have so much fun this fall.

@ScroogeMcducky I just adore your pic. Goodness that Pug is adorable!! ❤️

Happy Friday to all y’all!!