Looking to start a male-only cuddle group

edited March 25 in General

Hiya, folks-
There is a real need for a male-only platonic cuddle group in my area. My target demographic would be middle-aged gay men, although all men are welcome.

If you have experience with this in your area, I’d like to pick your brains.

Many thanks!

Comments

• I would love to but I'm in Western NY. I'm hoping to visit a friend in Raleigh this year. At that time we could set something up.

• @Ladi_28806 I love that you want to start a group that gets people together for platonic touch. That is BEAUTIFUL!!!

I know @justjennn does some group cuddles that are specific to gender and sometimes other parameters as well as cudldles that are open to everyone. I'm not sure about gender specific but another group leader is @RadiantHugs in TX.

Also, a fabulous human that helped me get my start in the cuddle world who helps get people going in the ways of facilitating etc. Kassandra Brown. Cuddlist trained etc. She also worked with @nurturingman who might have some insight.

https://www.kassandrabrown.org/

MeetUp might be a great place to connect as well. Just for example... this is a Community Cuddle Group here in CO.
    https://www.meetup.com/community-cuddles-meetup/

You might have better luck reaching out to them individually? I only say this because in the chatter of the forums, I haven't seen much in the way of a "Male-only platonic cuddle group in my area" but your world of Asheville, NC seems to have a LOT of MALE PLATONIC CUDDLERS who want to cuddle EVERYONE but I don't know that I have seen a single one of those profiles place messages here on the forums.

Good luck to you @Ladi_28806 and happy Sunday!!! πŸ˜ŠπŸ”†πŸŒž

• @sillysassy thank you for the tag!! The only person in the country that I know of who is doing male-only cuddles is Kyle Hoffman in Philadelphia. He has the same target market as you do. He's an absolutely incredible human being and I'm sure would love to exchange emails with you about this topic. He's a professional life coach and cuddle therapist and he'd be the most perfect person to talk to.

cuddlingandcoaching.com
    Kyle Hoffman LLC

• @justjennn
    You da BEST!!! πŸ₯°

• Thank you, all. This is a great start!

• Good luck

• @Ladi_28806 Wanted to add my voice of support and say that I hope you make that happen.

• That sounds wonderful! I think all men, regardless of orientation, benefit from a little brotherly platonic affection, so it's super nice to see someone make an effort to bring men a little closer 🫢

Wish I were closer to be a part of it, but I'm sending you the best wishes and lucky stars! ✨⭐

• I'm not gay, but I would 100% be down for this. A boys club for cuddles would be cool. When I was a kid my friends and I would all pile into one bed during sleepovers. I miss doing that.

• @Atuday That's the spirit! I hope the group happens and you get to experience that. I miss the slumber parties of my youth and casually cuddling with my friends in college.

• edited March 29

@Atuday

Yes, thanks for sharing that! You reminded me of campouts with my Boy Scout friends.
    Especially when there were three or more of us in one tent, we always seemed to end up in hilariously rambunctious puppy piles.
    Those are sweet memories.

For anyone wondering, we were straight boys, queer boys, and boys who weren’t sure who we were. Our energy was joyfully platonic. We felt safe and supported and we shared a true sense of belonging. I believe that if every man could experience those feelings, we would all be a lot better off.

πŸ’

• @MonkeyNeedsAHug Love that. πŸ«‚πŸ«‚πŸ«‚

~ Sunset Snuggles

πŸ¦„ Enthusiast 🏞 Travel Fiend 🐘 Animal Lover

• Wishing you the best of luck on starting your male only cuddle group !

~ Happy Cuddling Everyone πŸ€— ~

• @MonkeyNeedsAHug I πŸ’― % agree!πŸ€—πŸ«‚πŸŽ‰

• Would this be known as a β€œboy bond”???

Asking for a friend…