Cancellation Policy

I’ve noticed there are some pros with a different cancellation policy than the site states. Are pros allowed to do this? Does the sites policy supersede individual policies? Unless I missed it, the client service agreement doesn’t state that pros can make their own rules regarding this policy.

Comments

• 🤔 Good question.

The site cancelation policy also sounds like more of a suggestion and would be hard to enforce in some cases. 🤔

• if that’s allowed, then the client service agreement basically means nothing.

• Ugh. Hugging is such a complicated affair.

• edited April 3

From my understanding of the reading of the contract, what is listed as the cancellation policy is stated not as a suggestion, but it also is not enforced by the site and is up to the pro. Thus pros conceivably could have more lax cancellation policies, but not more strict ones without being in breach.

This is only in regards to the payment portion of the cancellation policy, though. If a pro wanted to have more strict terms that had other non-monitary repercussions (i.e. being dropped as a client, not being allowed to rebook, etc), I don't believe that would be against the rules.

The site in general leaves most business side of things up to the pros because they are not employees nor even independent contractors hired by the site, but rather independent businesses utilizing the site's services. Going too far dictating how pros can and cannot run their business blurs employee definition lines and would put the site in breach of some jurisdictions' employment laws. Uber/Lyft/et al. learned this the hard way back in 2018.