Initiating Conversation/meeting

I’m new here…and this is my first try at this. I’ve initiated two requests to see if they’d like to meet somewhere public to talk and see if we’re a match to be cuddle buddies. I’ve included pics of myself in request, but did not receive a response. Am I going about this the right way?

Comments

• Yes! A lot of people don’t respond. Don’t let that discourage you! Keep trying and you’ll find some great cuddle buddies. :)

• Based on what you wrote above, it sounds like you are doing everything right so far. It takes time and sometimes it can take a lot of tries before you find the right person or even someone to answer. Pros are more likely to respond, but cuddling with a Pro might not be your intention.
    Sending the photo, being polite and open and especially being OK with meeting publicly first all sounds like great approaches. Please be patient and it will happen eventually.. Being active in the forums helps also, best of luck to you!

• @scott1030
    Always fully read their profile before sending a message. Some cuddlers are very specific what they want to see in your message.

Always be polite, brief, and very patient. Do not ever expect a response. But if you do receive one, treat it like a gift. Don't rush her. Go at her pace.

You should do well.

• edited April 5

@scott1030 you might want to consider booking with a pro to get your feet wet. It’s a much easier way to arrange cuddles. It will also give you a better idea of how all of this works.

If you desire to go that route, usually a message like this will suffice to get a response.

“Hi there. My name is ______and I live in _______. I would like to schedule a______hour cuddle with you on (date/time). Are you available?”

• Have you tried the “you up?” “Cuddle now?” Approach

• @scott1030

Welcome to the site!! 😊

There’s some great advice here from @Minestrone101 @TxTom @CuddleHugs01234 and @carrieanne

And from my perspective as an enthusiast I would also encourage you to read the threads about what people are looking for from a cuddler. There's a recent one from @cudbud64 with a lot of response, and @SeriousSnuggler expressed feeling disheartened because of negative experiences.

It is absolutely true that prospective cuddlers are looking for safety from a cuddle buddy, but after reading a LOT of commentary from women (since that is your cuddle preference) This line in your profile about “love” might come off a little bit non-platonic.

make sure the people he loves are safe

You are also married but you don't speak to that in your profile. It might help if you explain your circumstance a little bit because that can prove to be a bit precarious emotionally. (There's a BIG thread about this specific situation and you can read how polarizing it can be.)

Its not easy meeting strangers from the internet to be sure. I think you are on the right path though... Asking questions and looking for answers that are slightly non-traditional.

Good luck to you and as always... "May the Cuddle Gods be EVER in your favor!!!" 😊

• edited April 5

That is what I did and I found it both fun and very useful. I booked sessions with two female pros.

@warm_embrace wrote, "you might want to consider booking with a pro to get your feet wet. It’s a much easier way to arrange cuddles. It will also give you a better idea of how all of this works."

I had a wonderful time and think I learned a lot too.

p.s. Thank you very much to @TxTom for the formatting advice. Gratitude!🙂

• Thank you everyone for taking a moment to pass along some great advice!! Much appreciated! 🤗☺️

• @scott1030 Good luck!

@sillysassy There's a lot of good information here. We should write our own book about cuddling.

• edited April 6

@lonelytauros 😄

@scott1030 Tauros and I are joking around.😋

Never use icebreakers like that🤦‍♀️😌, definitely use manners and basic social skills when it comes to connecting with someone new.😁
    I agree with others mentioning its best to strike up a conversation first.👍
    Yes not getting responses is common, and YES it takes time and patience to find compatible cuddle partners.
    Hang in there and good luck!😁👍

• @Katota totally knew you all were joking around ☺️ I really enjoy a good sense of humor! I’ll keep trying…I’m looking forward to meeting people and possible cuddle partners! Thanks!! 😊

• As a person who cuddles I genuinely don’t even look at the messages that don’t have a picture. As a female comfort is important, my personal opinion is you initially messaged because of the profile pic secondary to actually reading the profile. Why should we feel safe when you hide who you are?

• @scott1030 You seemed so polite, it's a shame you deleted.

Regarding the messaging suggestions above, they are wonderful for enlisting a Pro (short and to the point, no time wasting), but enthusiasts typically run on the opposite end of the spectrum and will balk hard if a first message tries to schedule a cuddle. Just a differentiation for anyone reading this in the future.

@lonelytauros 😂😂😂

~ Sunset Snuggles

🦄 Enthusiast 🏞 Travel Fiend 🐘 Animal Lover

• edited April 10

@SunsetSnuggles That is great advice. As an enthusiast, in general and with rare exceptions, I want to be able to meet first in person at the very least and preferably have a public cuddle at a bar or movie or something before I consider cuddling privately with men.

I'm very interested in cuddling with men (way more than I thought I'd be when I joined this site; I've learned more about myself lately) but only men who I feel safe and respected with. That is my main consideration. That and good hygiene, lol. Age, race, looks, and such are no concern to me at all.