Cuddle or nah

Hey! I’m new here. I joined this community yesterday and I’ve noticed allot of questionable word play suggesting romantic interests. Is this just another dating site or are there actual professional cuddlers here? Anyone care you share their experience and what I should look out for?

Comments

• edited April 11

As a woman you will find lots of opportunities for platonic cuddling on here as either an enthusiast or professional cuddler. Just make sure you and the other party are looking for the same thing. Good luck and happy cuddling!

• @katneedsahug - Hi! I'm newish here, too. There are lots of folks who've been around a while who will give you useful info. Welcome, and I hope you find what you need 🙂

• Unfortunately, there are a lot of people here for the wrong reasons but there are also a lot of amazing people genuinely here for snuggles and affection. I get a good mix of guys asking for sexual stuff/being creeps and respectful, kind men wanting to be held and heard. Just stay strong to your boundaries and don’t let anyone make you do anything uncomfortable!!

• @lonelytauros 🤣🤣🤣

@katneedsahug - I'd say it's about 60/40, maybe. Definitely some genuine cuddlers on here who can appreciate what platonic cuddling has to offer (the 60%), but there is certainly a fair amount of those who hope for more, or make their decisions on picking a cuddle partner based on their "dateable" qualities - like how much they're attracted to them, being the biggest one.

Don't let the odds scare you, though. As long as you're safe, smart, and properly vet people first, it's worth it.

• edited April 11

Great question! I agree with @Sheena123 ’s comment wholeheartedly. It’s a mixed bag and don’t let anyone make you do anything uncomfortable. 😅

I’ve come to see value in using this site as a place to practice trusting my gut and to practice communicating what I’m looking for and what I’m not. I’ve met many incredible humans here.

• I agree with @Sheena123 and @Erin_Elle_ additional statement.

It is supposed to be for platonic cuddling. Listening to their convo on here, and going with your gut is a major thing! If they seem to be hinting at more on here or in person, state your boundaries and what you are here for.

Finding a great platonic cuddle buddy is awesome. It’s worth it but it takes time and effort. Once you find one or some, they are pure gold!

• @katneedsahug Welcome to the community! I hope you enjoy your time here and find the cuddles you need. 🫂

To reiterate what others have mentioned... This is a platonic cuddle site with both enthusiast (free) and professional (paid) cuddlers.

With that said, yes, there are some people who are here for the wrong reasons. There are also some who are bad at wording things and are completely platonic too (I've ran into one of those!).
    This is why screening/vetting is important. Communicate, ask questions, and trust your gut if you don't feel comfortable.

Before a session, Remember to state your boundaries clearly. Consider using either "blanket yes" or "ask and wait" method of consent.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask! I hope you have safe and amazing cuddles! 🫂

• @lonelytauros You absolutely slay me. 😂

@katneedsahug Welcome! This is definitely not a dating site, though plenty of people are here for the wrong reasons. If you message back and forth a handful of times, they usually make themselves known very quickly. If you're picking up on "romantic" vibes, as you mentioned, and you are looking for strictly platonic interaction, as this site is designed for - cut off or make your boundaries known to those people.

There are tons of Pro's here, though if you're only looking to cuddle men, per your profile, the Pro pickin's are slim. There is not much of a market for paid male cuddlers, as most men here are more than willing to cuddle for free or pay for it, so there is very little incentive for women to pay a guy for what she can get for free, or get paid for, herself. (Not commenting on whether that's good, bad, right, or wrong, just stating how it is.)

When searching your area, I recommend setting the Last Online option to something short, like "Less than a week ago". This will weed people out of your search results who are not active on the site (many newbies waste time contacting people who haven't been active in years).

Here is a good thread on staying safe and finding truly platonic cuddles, for someone just starting out:

https://www.cuddlecomfort.com/forum/discussion/13143/ladies-heres-my-screening-process-as-a-female-enthusiast/p1

I hope you have a safe and wonderful experience, here! If I may suggest, based on hints in your profile...a facilitated group cuddle setting may seem more safe to you, as it did to me, when I started out. If you're interested, you can read about my experience, here:

https://www.cuddlecomfort.com/forum/discussion/14443/so-i-started-cuddling/p1

~ Sunset Snuggles

🦄 Enthusiast 🏞 Travel Fiend 🐘 Animal Lover

• Yeah. Don't put up w people's nonsense. It's okay to opt out at any time and to stay strong to your boundaries and comfort level.

• @katneedsahug
    Moderator here. If you see anything questionable that suggests they are treating this like a dating/hookup site, please report them. This site is for platonic cuddles only. It is not a front for sex work (I see this complaint a lot...) but there are sex workers on here flying under the radar trying to use the site for those purposes. Nothing against sex work, it's just not allowed here as it makes other members less safe and the site owners do not want their site associated with that activity at all. There are plenty of other sites for that... We rely on the community to report these people so we can remove them from the site.

• In my experience take it slow. Pushy people are impatient and you can weed at least some out that way.

• @JasonCuddles 💯 Oh most pros are golden but you randomly run into one you wished you hadn’t initiated a chat with. They are wanting a booking five minutes after a simple hello. I tell them I need to think about it and they will press me again. I have not asked any questions yet, but I need to make a decision.

Impatient people eliminate themselves.

• @Jasoncuddles , you are definitely right.

• edited April 20

Hiya, welcome aboard Cuddle Comfort!😊

And like many others have stated before if someone makes you feel uncomfortable upon contact and start pressing for "more than" platonic cuddling definitely report it as@CharlieBear has mentioned. Mods are very good at banning those you uses this site inappropriately! 😁👍
    And listen to your gut instincts and don't let anyone pressure you into "quickly meeting them" take your time getting acquainted and making sure they're on the same PLATONIC PAGE as yourself. 😊
    Lol!😄As @lonelytauros stated (with the aide of Star Wars characters😄) YES there are indeed 'scum and wretched villainy' amongst us here at Cuddle Comfort so do whatever you can to avoid and protect yourself against them once they slither into your inbox.
    Definitely report the scum, DON'T let the scum discourage you into leaving Cuddle Comfort altogether😬, as there really are genuine cuddlers here who do get what Cuddle Comfort is about. Best of luck to you!😊🫂

• Definitely report the scum

I have been fighting soap scum for years. Being clean is a dirty business.

• @BoomerSpooner Lol.😄
    Try Ajax, Comet or Bleach with a green scrubbing pad. That helps me when cleaning out my bathtub.😊😉

• Oh! @Katota and @BoomerSpooner that Oxyclean stuff works well too 🧼🫧😜

@katneedsahug Welcome! And yeah, platonic cuddling can be tricky and once it's a novel thing to a lot of people, they might revert back to what they know when they're connecting with the opposite sex. And yes, there are those who purposely attempt to get something sexual.... despite what you say, and those are tricky to weed out.

But like the other, super smart peeps said above, trust your gut! And the mods are freaking amazing too! @CharlieBear esp 🤗☺️

I hope you find some awesome humans tho! 😎💕

• @RedFox16 Oxyclean. Ya know, I keep forgetting that stuff exists...LOL!😄
    And I still have yet to try it, thank you.😊