Deals and discount

In this day and age of crazy inflation, what kind of (not pro cuddling) deals and or discounts do you recommend?

Comments

• edited April 18

A few things I recommend, the Costco food court seems to have beat inflation, the el pollo loco $6 value menu, if you have in n out where you live, they’re still reasonable. I also use the GasBuddy app to find the best gas prices.

How about you?

• I buy donuts and bagels by the dozen and not individually. Facebook Marketplace and local Facebook groups in some areas are good places to check for home or office stuff.

• Groupon's pretty cool

• Farmer’s Markets on Saturdays are the best for quality veggies, fruits and spices at decent prices.

• This is a good time to try to wean oneself off of expensive, sugary junk food.

• Yard sales, flea markets

• I try to buy used as much as possible, both for the cost savings and to reduce waste. Thrift stores, online marketplaces (FB, Mercari, etc.), refurbished electronics, etc.

Another great resource is your local Buy Nothing and Freecycle groups. In them, neighbors gift items to each other, ask for things needed, and it helps build a sense of community. You can ask to borrow tools, seek gifts of time/knowledge from neighbors who have skills you lack, gift items that would normally end up at the dump but could be repurposed, pass on items that you no longer need, offer assistance to neighbors, etc. Some of the amazing gifts I've received in the past: entire apartment's worth of furniture in great condition, food when I was sick, cat food when I was low on money at the end of the month, rides to doctors appointments, moving boxes and help loading them, an entire garbage bag of gently used name brand clothing in my size, a ton of nail polish, etc.

http://buynothingproject.org/
    (The app sucks, don't bother with it and just sign up for your local Facebook group)

https://www.freecycle.org/

• Cooking at home with things like dried beans, lentils, grains/flour.

• I buy my meat in bulk then portion out and freeze.
    I wait for sales on a lot of things.
    I'm always searching for coupon codes anytime I shop online.
    Also for medications that are expensive I always check goodrx for coupons before paying.

• @hey_nikky Meat is not my go to item to save money on TBH. I buy it the day I cook it. I save on other items.

the Costco food court seems to have beat inflation.

The Costco food court loses money. and they are totally ok with that. well, they kinda have no choice at this point, I think. doing away with it will be almost like Texas Roadhouse taking away the sweet rolls.