Colorado Hermits and Homebodies

edited April 19 in General

Kinda sounds like an oxymoron for such an active state huh? πŸ˜‚ Everyone's always hiking or going to Red Rocks, going to breweries and shows, doing all the cool things there are out here, buuuuut I can't exactly join in, so I'm wondering if anyone else lives like I do.
And if so, what are your hobbies and interests? I tend to fall on the nerdy/artsy side of things, but I'm curious what else people around here enjoy doing in their cosy caves!

Comments

• Dilly dilly.... I like being a homebody. I pretty much gets ready to do stuff and and up doing nothing. Im totally vested in boredom and future dream achievement planning.

Example today I could have read a book but I didnt. I could have gone to a game but I didnt, I could have cuddled but I didnt. I could have netflix and chilled but I didnt.

Instead I talked with my loved ones, ate, listed to music and fell asleep 3-4 times waking up periodically thinking Im awake now, just to fall back asleep.

My life almost daily and I am happy everyday I wake up to do it again. Life right now is mundane to others but exactly my speed.

• edited April 19

Yes! Thank you @Runawaycuddles !! 😘😘 Finally a homebodies thread for those of us Coloradoans who don't go on a 100 mile bike ride every day! 😜 Not that it's bad to do that ....🫢🏻

And I agree @ScroogeMcducky ... I tend to like to simply stay home and do things around the house too! I'd rather stay in and do things around the house than go out into the loud world. Plus, my body does not like to do too many things....or else it will protest and punish me afterwards. πŸ€¨πŸ˜’

But also! I love to listen to podcasts and audio books while taking care of all my planty plants!! I have kind of a lot.... and it's super calming to do planty chores. πŸͺ΄πŸŒΏπŸŒ³πŸ˜Œ

Orrrrrrr stay home and hang out with my kiddos....they're pretty cool and I like them (cuz I made them myself) πŸ˜ŽπŸ˜πŸ˜‰

And OF COURSE I love to stay home and cuddle πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€— Snuggling up close and warm and chatting or watching something (or both) is my FAV! β˜ΊοΈπŸ˜ŽπŸ’•πŸͺ©

• @Runawaycuddles, I may not be in CO, but I’m very much a home body too. Most of my outings are for different therapies while out on medical leave. I’m also immune compromised.

When feeling focused I try exploring topics of interest and have gone down some in depth rabbit holes. When needing a good distraction I play some of a mobile game I like, watch some YouTube, read some news, check FB, occasionally nap, and watch some Netflix. British papers do FAR better job covering important news stories with far more detail. I tend to do an episode of a show on Netflix at lunch and watch a movie over dinner. I rarely binge watch something.

Another good activity is jigsaw puzzles. Although I admit I haven’t been as good at that recently.

Occasionally I have outings like tonight that I look forward to. A nearby basically grocery store for all types of alcohol did its large monthly free public demo. I enjoy learning some different information and plus free alcohol.

• @ScroogeMcducky Hell yeah! Dilly dallying in this day and age is honestly super punk 🀘🏻 I'm so glad you've found a lifestyle that brings you joy!

• @RedFox16 You're welcome! πŸ˜‹ As awesome as living an active life can be, it can be super isolating to those of us who can't or don't want to live that way when it's seen as the norm.

I can definitely relate to bodies punishing us for doing things, my disabilities have me living like a sickly victorian lady most of the time, but finding things that are fun and satisfying to do at home has been a lifesaver!
    What are some of your favorite podcasts and audiobooks? I tend to stick to novels most of the time in the audiobook space but I'm always looking for more content to enjoy ☺️

It sounds like your environment is super cozy and beautiful and that's awesome! 🀘🏻 I hope you get all the cuddles and plants and time with the kiddos your heart desires! πŸ«‚πŸŒΏ

• @TR23 Oooo, very cool! Yeah I'm immunocompromised as well and always going back and fourth from the hospital is absolutely exhausting πŸ˜…

It sounds like you've got the mental stimulation side of things down to a perfect science! Hell yeah! 🀘🏻 Staying informed and connected with what's going on in the world is super important and finding better ways to do that is awesome.

Also, a free public booze demo?? That sounds amazing!