Have any of you ever had someone just not show up without saying anything?

easternbayish did this to me and as far as I know one other pro cuddler, hopefully no one else! He didn't show up, and didn't reply when I tried to contact him. I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else. And whether this has happened to you or not, does anyone have any suggestions for how to prevent this? I was thinking maybe I should start verifying people somehow with a social media page or something but figure people can just make fake social media accounts. Also I know many want to remain anonymous so not sure how to know someone is serious without invading their privacy. I was completely trusting of everyone on here up until this moment as I never imagined someone would come onto this site just trolling people. Any suggestions feedback would be greatly appreciated thanks! : )

Comments

• I'm sorry this happened to you. All you can really do is report these kind of things to the admin. Also sadly per the rules that @Mark has stated here

https://www.cuddlecomfort.com/forum/discussion/1956/reviews#latest 

Karma can only be left post cuddle session so the reviews that you and the other pro left can be removed. It's unfortunate but there is very little to no warning system that we can use unless you have had an actual cuddle session with the person.
  • edited June 2017
    From the customer standpoint this happened to me while in Las Vegas. The lines of communication were open the whole time though and she let me know what happened the day after in a prompt manner and we tried to reschedule but it wasn't possible. She was nice, apologetic and professional about it so I didn't hold it against her.
    i think problems can arise at the last minute for anybody but as long as communication is open and flowing anything can be worked out.
    As far as the pros go, I guess they can take a deposit to protect themselves and at least have gas money in case of a cancellation.
  • edited June 2017
    @mellow "I guess they can take a deposit to protect themselves."  As a client, I once prepaid half a session and got stood up by the pro. The appointment was set well over a week in advance. Two days in advance, she texted me that she was in a bit of a jam, and requested that I help her out be prepaying half the session. Despite having misgivings, I did.

On the day of, she reconfirmed the appointment five hours before the 8:00 p.m. start time. Ten minutes before the start time, she texted that she was running late. Nearly an hour later, she texted again, saying she "might not be able to make it."  No explanation as to why, but promised to give me my session or my cash back the next day. Neither one happened.  This happened during a trip out of state for me, so I can't easily go back there. I consider the $82.99 that I'm out (the cost of sending her $70 Western Union) the price of my reality check. But I am definitely all done with advance deposits.

So @Glitterfairy22, I'm sorry that happened to you. Be assured that it does happen in both directions; "clients" troll pros, and "pros" mistreat clients. It's a jungle out there. I think all you can do is report them, shrug it off, and move on to the next appointment. Find the nice ones.
  • I think some clients may intentionally book sessions with pros and not show up just to troll them. People are jerks. Really the only thing you can do to prevent that is if you forced new clients to prepay for a session.
  • [Deleted User]navyvet76 (deleted user)
    But with pros also being the ones that flake out that is something I would be wary of.
  • edited July 2017
    yeah sorry that happened to you!
    Ive had that happen with a user. I even left him bad karma, but he still visits my profile I want to say like once a week. He somehow got the karma removed, sadly. Still no word from him.
  • @Brandi Mark said that Karma can only be left post cuddle session. With all due respect Mark, that's a bad rule. There has to be one thing in place to protect pros and clients that are stood up.
  • edited July 2017
    I agree that 'no shows' should be an exception to the rule considering how serious it is.

This will be defined as both members clearly agreeing to a time and place but one member being absent without warning.
  • I had 6 sessions scheduled today and 2 of them did the same thing. They never paid the "cancellation fee" requested on the cuddlecomfort FAQ. They just ignored my texts etc. I left them bad karma, blocked, and reported them but in the end I'll never get those hours of my life back. I think it's pretty unavoidable in this line of work. :(
  • Does leaving bad karma really help? They'll juat create a new account and troll again.
  • @ Mike403 yes that can happen but it will get much better in the near future.
    Love peace and happiness john NZ,