This might be a cool way to get comfortable with a person.

Meet in a public place, do this quiz thing, and see if your both comfortable! etc.

http://bigthink.com/ideafeed/how-to-fall-in-love-36-questions-and-deep-eye-contact

It says 36 questions to fall in love but I think it would be more like falling in like with someone. lol

Comments

• [Deleted User]NikiJay88 (deleted user)

Sounds like a good idea but the chances of your client who just wants to cuddle taking a 36 question survey probably is highly unlikely.

• [Deleted User]Dekooning (deleted user)

Well, the Q&A is linked to falling in love...... paring down to fewer questions would definitely be helpful.

• Hmmm. I looked at the quiz, and I definitely wouldn't play along. I don't see it as a way to get comfortable with someone. I'd already have to BE comfortable --- very comfortable --- with this person, and trust them a LOT in order to answer many of these questions:
    My most treasured memory?
    My most terrible memory?
    How I felt about my relationship with my mother?
    Which family member's death I'd find most disturbing, and why?
    When did I last cry in front of another person?

And that's just five of thirty-six questions. Absolutely no way I'm going to allow myself that much vulnerability with a complete stranger. Physical intimacy is one thing, but that level of emotional intimacy must be earned. Over a long period of time. Not to mention that being asked to recall or imagine such unhappy things is not exactly a good way to set the mood for a cuddle session, unless you want to be grief-stricken and have a cuddler console you. LOL

How about something much shorter and less personal?
    1. So what do you do?
    2. What are three things about you that most people would be surprised to know?
    3. Can you describe your ideal cuddle session?

If two people who both joined a cuddle site for the express purpose of meeting people to cuddle need a 36-question quiz to get to know each other well enough to cuddle... well, it makes me wonder if cuddling strangers is really their thing. ;-)

• Is this question thing aimed at pros or non pros

• [Deleted User]Sunflowerfield (deleted user)
    edited July 2017

I agree with quietman775.

To be honest this seems pretty inappropriate for a platonic cuddling relationship, because the point of the article is to get someone to fall in love, not make a good friend. It's also kind of invasive - if someone started asking me extremely personal questions when I don't know them well, I would assume they have some boundary issues. It's like that random person who comes up to you and starts telling you their life story at the bus interchange... it just feels wrong. It's important to earn someone's trust rather than expecting it, and not to be presumptuous.

I'd also probably feel pretty awkward and put off if I met someone from an online dating site and they asked me really personal questions like that on a first date (unless we had already been talking about those things in messages or Skype sessions beforehand and built up enough trust, but that seems unlikely unless it's a long-distance relationship that has been going for months). It also seems like a red flag of someone who tries to "fast forward" relationships by building a false sense of intimacy before a real foundation has been laid.

You can read more about "fast forwarding" here - in my experience this is a very common phenomenon for people who use online dating sites: Fast Forwarding: When Someone Speeds You Through Dating

I think appropriate questions when you first meet someone are things like:

• Are you originally from this town? If not, where did you live before?
    • What kind of music do you like?
    • Do you like to travel? Where have you been before?
    • What are some of your hobbies and interests?
    • Do you have any experience with platonic cuddling before?
  • I read through the questions and don't feel they are ideal for a platonic cuddle session. The questions by @sunflowerfield are much more ideal. The 36 questions are rather intrusive in my opinion. I think I would be mentally exhausted half way through them lol

• I'm gonna try the first couple of questions, like maybe the first five, on my waiter tonight!

• Different strokes for different folks! First of all, if you read the full article,and not just the questions, it says the questions are to promote intimacy, rather than love. You can't get much more intimate than with platonic cuddling. Yes, there is the physical side, which I am sure would be beneficial to some people by itself, but to me, the love involved is much more beneficial. After all, the word 'platonic' itself doesn't just mean 'without sex involved', it means 'love that is on a higher plane than the physical'.

A lot of people would be really surprised at how liberating making themselves vulnerable, can be. Would I, myself, answer all 36 questions? Probably not, I would most likely have to pass on a a few, but I'd give all of them my best shot, maybe with a few modifications.

I think they likely wouldn't work super well in a professional situation unless both parties agreed to it up front. However, I know there are plenty of regular folks, especially women who need to get intimate on an emotional level, before they could allow themselves to get intimate on a physical level. On the sexual level,that is called being a demisexual (I think). On a cuddling level, I'm not at all sure what it would be called, but the same principal applies.

<3 Jim

• I did it! It was AWESOME!!! It was like our hearts were cuddling!!!

I really liked connecting with another person, in this case, my server. Lol But seriously, I did enjoy it.

Jim has the right idea. It’s not something that has to be taken so literally. There are plenty of questions that are NOT too intimate, especially the first five questions. Which are the ones I used.

1. Given the choice of anyone in the world, whom would you want as a dinner guest?
    2. Would you like to be famous? In what way?
    3. Before making a telephone call, do you ever rehearse what you are going to say? Why?
    4. What would constitute a “perfect” day for you?
    5. When did you last sing to yourself? To someone else?

If there’s a question that seems like it’s too much, I’ll just skip it. And I won’t worry about staring into someone’s eyes and all that stuff.

If I can do it with my server in a busy restaurant, it’s not too hard to keep it CASUAL, COMFORTABLE, and PLATONIC.

Even though it says they are questions to fall in love, I don’t think that’s what they are. I think it’s more accurate to say that they are questions to platonically connect with someone. I don’t know how anybody could be against that, (especially since it’s a platonic connection). But to each his own.

As far as fast tracking a relationship goes, I’m not looking for a relationship at all. If I was, I’d be on a dating site not a cuddling site.

The only reason I brought this up was because I thought something like this would make me feel more comfortable with cuddling with a total stranger.