Sent message limit

Why does it exist, and what is it for in the first place?
Yesterday and today I was trying to contact a lot of older accounts in my area yet I have to do it over time of few days.

Comments

• There's a limit? What is it? Where do you find out about it? I've hardly messaged anybody so far, so it would be good to know.

• edited July 2017

There's a limit on the number of individuals you can message within a 24 hour period for anti-spam reasons.

This starts low with new accounts and then eventually reaches a maximum of somewhere around 20 people per day.

• How long does the account stays "new" then? Because mine is like four months old by now and that's quite a bit of time...

• edited July 2017

You have the maximum limit which is around 20 people per 24 hours. I don't think this is a problem for most users based on the lack of complaints but I'm always open to changing limits if there is demand. I guess it's about finding the right balance between preventing spam vs preventing inconvenience to most users.

• @mark. Dear Mark is the limit for all communication or just new contacts.
    Peace John.

• edited July 2017

Just new contacts. Restrictions on existing conversations are very lenient.

• Thanks for clarifying that, Mark.

• [Deleted User]James_inmedford (deleted user)

I think the limit works even if I am new. It keeps people from getting jaded and lets them take time with communication. I say leave as it is for now.