Deleting Old Accounts

This needs to be done for any profile that hasn't logged on in over year. If someone has not been on the site in 365 days, their account needs to be deleted on day 366. It'll help keep the site current and up to date with active users.

1. Do you agree?58 votes
    1. Yes
      77.59%
    2. No
      22.41%

Comments

• I don't see how the old accounts hurt anyone. When you search, it automatically sorts by date anyway. I don't think they should be deleted if inactive for a year. People may come back.

• Exactly...just like that old Myspace account I haven't used in 18 years.....there's still a chance I might want to go back....

• I have to agree with Morpheus, and joey012616 on this. When I was trying to prepare for the cuddle party, I think I was instrumental in getting at least one inactive person active again.
    <3 Jim

• @I_am_Polylover, I suspect that @joey012616 was being sarcastic. Of course, with the sarcasm font being inoperative, I can't be sure. LOL I think I would split the difference between the two positions: make Professional accounts expire after like 90 days of inactivity (because you're not really "in the biz" if you make a professional profile and never come back to check for messages). As for the non-pros, let them stick around indefinitely. 'Cause... why not? :-)

• I would say if a profile on here is inactive for 18 years, go ahead and purge.

• edited July 2017

The survey is gonna come down to photo finish!!!

• Dear All, I would have to say, a lot of the people I contact have been inactive for some time ( months or even years) they get the contact e-mail and come on to see there message, about 20 to 30 percent will send a reply and some start communicating, I will add I start most communication out side the U.S, in out of the way places, but that is me I am looking at another world trip and want to make friends all over the world for cuddles.
    Have fun and please play safe, John and his trees, Auckland NZ.

• @Morpheus Dear Morpheus I just checked and the oldest contact which has replied to me is 5 years of inactivity in China, He is now talking and we pen pals, they are hoping to get a group together for a cuddle party, they have a interesting problem, They are having problems finding enough men to join in, there group seems to be all women.
    Love,peace and friendship, John

• @funandadventure That is a pretty interesting problem, John. I wish we had that problem here.
    <3 Jim

• @quietman775 It may well be that @joey012616 was being sarcastic, but I didn't see it that way because what he said very much matches my own viewpoint on Myspace. When do you think they will get that sarcasm font activated? When you say make professional accounts expire after 90 days of inactivity, what do you mean? If it means that their accounts should be edited to delete references to being a professional, and making them get certification before being allowed to be a professional again, then I am all for it. I am against just deleting their accounts entirely though.
    <3 Jim

• @I_am_Polylover, I like the specifics of your suggestions above re professional accounts. Makes good sense to me.

• [Deleted User]tuttouomo (deleted user)
    edited August 2017

I think the real question and concern is more about responsiveness. Would be great if each profile had a flag that indicated the user's responsiveness. Non- responsive "Red Flag" Response half the times " Yellow Flag" Always response "Green Flag". It would set expectations for users so not to get disappointed when someone simply goes MIA and rudely does not respond at all - if they are a red or yellow flag user. I think that would be super valuable to have a feature like this, especially with pros. I never get why some pros don't even respond to a message at all. It's just bad business practice.

• @Tuttouomo. Dear Tutto, That is very interesting, I have e.mailed in the last month 130 people, of that group only 7 have not replied to me, most are pen pals and will only be that, Many have not been active for months but do take the time to reply.
    A lot are paid companions, that simply want to chat.
    Have fun but please play safe, John and his trees, Auckland NZ

• There is a presumption here that the initial queries are appropriate and not cursory or rude, or from reasonably detailed profiles, which may not be true. It's been discussed at length that women default to not responding rather than chancing a flame war or other possibly negative reaction, especially since most men respond very poorly to any rejection however it's worded. There seems also an assumption here that professionals are obligated to cater to those who consider themselves paying customers, even if they intuit a red flag from that person or his behavior on the forums savaging other pros.

• Admittedly, the past few comments about responsiveness are a bit of a digression from the original post and poll, which dealt with total inactivity --- pros who don't bother to sign on to their accounts for a year. [And so far, 2/3 of voters have sided with the OP.] But while we are on the subject of unresponsive pros that @tuttouomo brought up, I must say I have encountered several that fit that bill. My initial queries were neither inappropriate nor rude, and while I did strive to get to the point of inquiring about appointment availability with pros, my inquiries were definitely not cursory. Neither can anyone reading my profile or my forum posts rightly accuse me of ever savaging pros. I'm a big fan. Despite all this, the "no response" thing happens to me from time to time.

It's a given that some instances of non-responsiveness are "earned" by bad approaches; no argument there. But it's equally true that sometimes the lack of response by the pro is unwarranted. To add to his suggestion, perhaps it would be possible for a lack of response not to count toward the pro's responsiveness rating if she has flagged the inquiry for being rude or in violation of the TOS. More vague or subjective criteria, such as being too cursory for someone's taste, would not be grounds for non-response in this hypothetical system.

Speaking of "cursory," consider this dilemma: The following quote is from the profile of a cuddle pro near me. I'm on here to meet up and cuddle, not to chat on the site! I consider conversation to be part of the cuddle experience, so please save any small talk for after you've booked your session. An initial inquiry that she would find acceptably free of small talk would probably seem unduly cursory to you. Absent an explicit profile request like hers, a guy can't know what kind of inquiry a pro might want. Whatever he says or doesn't say will be too much or too little in somebody's opinion. Rewarding a potential customer's outreach with the silent treatment would not be normative for most professions, and doesn't tell the customer, what, if anything, he said wrong. That tactic feels especially wrongheaded given that we market this as a helping profession, a form of "therapy" in which pros literally embrace the client to make him feel valued and socially connected and listened to.

And that's the crux of it for me: professionalism, by definition, does imply some sort of behavioral obligations on the part of the person deemed to be professional. Certainly not the obligation to accept every potential client. But I would argue it does include the obligation for pros to treat potential clients differently than people treat potential suitors on dating sites. Perhaps CC should re-brand the "pro tag" so that the P on the profile stands for "Paid" rather than "Professional." Because "Paid" doesn't create the suggestion of behavioral standards or obligations in the mind of the customer the way "professional" does.

Still, my own preference would be to keep the Pro tag, and to see both clients and pros acknowledge that they have behavioral obligations to each other if this thing is going to work. And I would say that one of the most basic obligations of a pro is to actually come back on the site from time to time after creating a profile with the pro tag. [How's that for getting back on topic? ;-) ]

• [Deleted User]navyvet76 (deleted user)

quietman775, that makes a lot of sense. What you suggested. When I was considering use a Professional. I only had a few responses. In PA/MD or FL if memory serves me. One got suspended I think, She seemed shady. One replied a week or two later saying she was out of the country and was back, then I asked a little bit about when she would be around. No response. That is pretty much my memory of pros responses when I tried to reach out to them.

• [Deleted User]NikiJay88 (deleted user)

I think they should get a reminder email at 6 months of not being active and give them a month to attempt and if no attempts are made the profile should be deactivated and available to reactivate with a login sort of like most websites.

• "Last login" pretty much tells you if you're going to message someone who hasn't been online in x number of months/years. Folks should be getting an email notification that they've got a message - assuming they have access/still check that account. I personally don't think accounts should be deleted unless the user initiates it.

I liked the red/yellow/green responsiveness flag @tuttouomo mentioned!

• This site encourges you to just log off and forget about it rather than deleting/deactivating your account. That way somebody can message you a year from now and you'll receive the email (assuming you have the same email address).